Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Micro SD memory card for LG840G?

Feedback Score

Micro SD memory card for LG840G?

Can the Lg840G truly accommodate up to a 32GB (SDHC) memory card without any problems??? Recommended brand? Sandisk??? Which is best? Thanks a lot...

Phones
    LG290c/LG600G
    Moto w376g
    Nokia 1100b
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sonoca View Post
    Can the Lg840G truly accommodate up to a 32GB (SDHC) memory card without any problems??? Recommended brand? Sandisk??? Which is best? Thanks a lot...
    Yes, the 840g does support a 32 gb micro SD card. I'm using a Sandisk. It works fine although it is pretty slow in accessing with that much data on the card.
    Otis

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Otis, very much for the info! I thought so, but definitely wanted to double-check with someone who had personal experience with the high-memory card... Also, probably can't go wrong with Sandisk... Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    I put a 64gb card in my 840 - dang thing wouldn't start - if I put it in with the phone running (nor recommended), it ran but it took forever to read all the data on the card. Back to 32gb :-)
    I've decided to start giving a crap
    Would you like some?

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much for the info! Wow... 64gb, huh??? I probably won't be needing that much storage anytime soon... Lol. Pretty impressive that the 840G still functioned at all, though! How would you rate the overall functionality of the 32gb? I'm considering 32gb, but might opt for 16gb, as I'm mostly interested in speed/performance (balanced with a moderate amount of storage capacity, of course)...

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not all memory cards are the same. They come in different speed ratings called classes. The higher the class number, the faster the device can read/write information to the card. Right now the maximum is Class 10.

As long as you stick with a name brand card from a reputable source, you're pretty safe as far as quality goes. Avoid generic cards or buying from fly-by-night sellers because it's possible for unscrupulous sellers to change the size reading on any flash memory. Basically, they cheat you by selling you a 32 GB card when it's actually a 2 GB.

Feedback Score
    Hesster, thank you very much for this information! I was unaware... In your opinion, what is the minimum class of card that I should consider for above-satisfactory performance in handling only a moderate amount of data/storage space??? And, are there any reputable sellers on eBay, or should I spend a few more bucks and "steer clear" of that site? Thanks again...

Feedback Score
    I have a Patriot class 10 32GB Micro SDHC card in my phone.
    It is an excellent, excellent card and very fast.
    I have all my apps loaded on it thanks to Link2SD (see my sig).

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...p?EdpNo=281447
    Last edited by dougeeebear; 02-17-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, dougeeebear! Good to know! I'll definitely be checking these out...

Feedback Score
    sonoca you should be able to get a Micro SD card off of eBay for less than 20 bucks. I just bought a new 32GB Micro SD Class10 SDHC card w/ Adapter for $16 99 from eBay. They have great deals all the time, you just got find them.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't trust a card from ebay.
    I've seen too many reports of capacity and speed misrepresentation.

Feedback Score
    I have been buying and selling on eBay for years and I've only had one incident where I did not receive it an item. I believe it was a Terminator DVD that I never received. Putting that aside, every single one of my orders always came through without incident. The descriptions of the items were always accurate. If you don't trust eBay, then there's always Amazon.com.

Feedback Score
    This discussion is about Micro SD cards, and I wouldn't purchase one from either ebay or amazon.com.
    The only place I ever purchase them is from Tiger Direct.
    I've never had a problem with anything I've purchased from them.

I have also purchased a lot of stuff from ebay (and amazon.com) and not had any problems, but I always do my research first.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, guys, for the input and advice... More "food for thought"... Like the next person, I'm always lookin' for the most "bang for my buck"... And, while I am, indeed, thorough in my research and "doing my homework", too, I also realize that one still needs to be careful out there in their dealings...

Feedback Score
    I put a 32GB (Sandisk) card in my Tracfone LG840G and the opening screen came up "SIM Rejected". ... went back to 2GB and the phone works again.

Tracfone tech support did not help: "maybe the phone not support to much memory"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast