Thread: Data stopped working, New APNs issued

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Data stopped working, New APNs issued

My data stopped working. Thought they disabled it. I called in and they had me go over my APN, Started by asking what month and year I activated my sim, weird questions. Anyways, apparently they new data APN is wap.tracfone and the new MMS proxy is 66.209.11.32 , which fixed all my data issues.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using HowardForums

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin.kelley View Post
    My data stopped working. Thought they disabled it. I called in and they had me go over my APN, Started by asking what month and year I activated my sim, weird questions. Anyways, apparently they new data APN is wap.tracfone and the new MMS proxy is 66.209.11.32 , which fixed all my data issues.

Hmmmm... I've already got the 66.209.11.32 part. But my APN is att.mvno. Change it to wap.tracfone?
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Re: Data stopped working, New APNs issued

Well after I changed it, my data connection came back. When I go back to att.mvno, its stops. Not sure. She was asking all kinds of weird questions. This was tech support mind you not, like what websites had I been on earlier today, what month and year did I activate my sim, just odd questions that they have never asked before like she was wanting me to confirm something but wouldn't say what.

Phones
    unlocked at&t Samsung S3 mini
    unlocked at&t Samsung S3 mini
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    The apn that straight talk now has for the at&t byod sim on there web site. Is the apn I've had to use on my htc inspire since day one cause data never worked with the proxy added. I've been using this apn for over a yr with no problems
    Name- Straight Talk
    apn- att.mvno
    proxy- leave blank
    port-80
    mmsc-http://mmsc.cingular.com
    mms proxy-66.209.11.33
    mms port-80

I suppose it depends on your device which configuration of the apn will work best for you.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Re: Data stopped working, New APNs issued

I've always used that one, but today it stopped working. Only the new one works. Maybe its per account bases. Who knows.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the heads up!

This might be based on coverage area and ST might be updating their APNs city by city. I just checked and my android device still gets data in HSPA+ speeds with the "old" APN settings. Now if my data connection one day stops working then at least I can try changing these "new" APN settings before calling it in.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ljfnky View Post
    The apn that straight talk now has for the at&t byod sim on there web site. Is the apn I've had to use on my htc inspire since day one cause data never worked with the proxy added. I've been using this apn for over a yr with no problems
    Name- Straight Talk
    apn- att.mvno
    proxy- leave blank
    port-80
    mmsc-http://mmsc.cingular.com
    mms proxy-66.209.11.33
    mms port-80

I suppose it depends on your device which configuration of the apn will work best for you.
    I jailbroke my iPhone (4s, AT&T locked, running on ST's AT&T sim) downloaded EditAPN from Cydia and used the above APN settings and MMS was working. As of this morning it is not working anymore.

I understand there was some kind of APN update on 2/11, but in referencing iPhone wiki, it appears the same APN settings above still apply to EditAPN users. I reinstalled
    EditAPN and still no MMS.

Then - read ST has new APN settings for iPhone and so I thought installing that might get MMS working - no dice. Is this new APN on ST equivalent to the unlockit profile you are supposed to delete? If so deleting it disables my ability to get on the Internet.

Anybody got any idea what gives?
    Last edited by TeeRH; 02-14-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Straight Talk (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Do you have biteSMS installed? For some reason, I couldn't get my MMS to work with biteSMS, had to completely remove the package before it worked again.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hayburner View Post
    Do you have biteSMS installed? For some reason, I couldn't get my MMS to work with biteSMS, had to completely remove the package before it worked again.
    I do not have biteSMS installed. After installing the new iPhone APN profile from Straight Talk, I edited the APN settings and changed the MMS proxy to mms2tracfone.com:80 and now MMS is working again. Hope it sticks!