Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: All Value Packs now $5?!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    231
    Phone
    Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0

    All Value Packs now $5?!

    According to the website, it looks like the Value Packs have been simplified. While there are still Blackberry, Android, iPhone and "MMS" versions all contain the same features:

    - Name Display
    - Visual Voicemail Plus
    - Unlimited U.S. & International Text Messages
    - WhoCalled

    Pricing is $5/month for all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,906
    Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4, 3G, Sony Ericsson Z710i, Z600, T310
    Ericsson T18z, Cantel Amigo AT&T 3610
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yep. I think plan prices went up and VP prices came down. IIRC the new cheapers VPs can only be added to the new more expensive plans. Not sure about that though.
    Unlocked Pentaband iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked iPhone 4
    Unlimited airtime, Unlimited CAN/US long distance, Unlimited SMS to CAN/US wireless numbers
    2500 Call Forwarding minutes to CAN/US numbers
    CiD, 6GB
    Google Voice for visual voice mail with message transcription, conditional greetings, unlimited messages (vs 35 message cap), remote retrieval from any PC or phone, no auto-purge after 10 days and most importantly no $7-$8 charge.
    $53$65

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    639
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrice View Post
    According to the website, it looks like the Value Packs have been simplified. While there are still Blackberry, Android, iPhone and "MMS" versions all contain the same features:

    - Name Display
    - Visual Voicemail Plus
    - Unlimited U.S. & International Text Messages
    - WhoCalled

    Pricing is $5/month for all.
    God damn it, the catch is always "Caller ID that's not included".

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    231
    Phone
    Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Doesn't Name Display include Caller ID?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    639
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    From what I digged up


    Rogers feature definitions:

    Call Display
    A service that allows users to see the phone number of incoming callers, even if that number is not in the users address book. If an incoming number is blocked, Caller Display will display “Blocked”.

    Name Display
    Enables users to see the name of incoming callers, even if that number is not in the users address book.

    Before May 4, 2010, Caller Display and Name Display were offered together as one service for one price. Now, Rogers has separated the services and charges two separate prices. However, if users purchase a Rogers Value Pack, such as the $20 iPhone value pack, Caller Display and Name Display are still included under the $20 price along with the other value pack features.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    2,387
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Factory unlocked Iphone4
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since there is so many changes going on in my account, I have been noticing that since Sunday I've been recieving texts of the numbers that I missed. Can anyone shed some light on what feature that is. I've never had this before. This happens when my incoming call goes straight to the answering machine......without me hearing the incoming ring.

    But strangely enough the call doesn't show up on my missed call list.
    Thanks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,761
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: All Value Packs now $5?!

    It's called whocalled.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    278
    Phone
    8 GB iPhone
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    All the new plans come with call display and voicemail.

    I actually changed to these new plans (which were essentially the same as what I had previously) and saved $3, gained unlimited international texting and android visual voicemail. Good deal.
    Mike
    Rogers Wireless
    $60/m - Unlimited Canada-Wide Calling, 5GB data (for sharing), unlimited messaging.
    $5/m Android Value Pack
    Unlimited data

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    2,387
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Factory unlocked Iphone4
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    It's called whocalled.
    So does this function only work when u can't recieve a call, meaning if for some reason u don't have reception or ur phone is turned off.

    Whats the purpose of this.....

    Thanks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    639
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelc2 View Post
    All the new plans come with call display and voicemail.

    I actually changed to these new plans (which were essentially the same as what I had previously) and saved $3, gained unlimited international texting and android visual voicemail. Good deal.

    Interesting, gonna get this added to my plan tonight and my billing cycle starts tomorrow.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,159
    Carrier
    Rogers Communications Inc.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by theplayground View Post
    So does this function only work when u can't recieve a call, meaning if for some reason u don't have reception or ur phone is turned off.

    Whats the purpose of this.....

    Thanks
    correct, although i also receive messages for missed calls.
    i found this feature to be more annoying than beneficial so it has been disabled.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    2,387
    Phones
    Nokia E71
    Factory unlocked Iphone4
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by live_strong View Post
    correct, although i also receive messages for missed calls.
    i found this feature to be more annoying than beneficial so it has been disabled.
    Thats exactly what it is really......... kind of annoying and useless. But I'm noticing this happening often when my phone is on WIFI lately........but I think that is more of an issue with the Iphone4S. I'm completely losing the 3G when I have Wifi....this is probably due to a weak signal I guess. as well..

    Thanks

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,761
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: All Value Packs now $5?!

    Quote Originally Posted by theplayground View Post
    So does this function only work when u can't recieve a call, meaning if for some reason u don't have reception or ur phone is turned off.

    Whats the purpose of this.....

    Thanks
    Yup, that's basically it. Say you're on the subway and someone calls you, you wouldn't generally know that unless you had the whocalled service. I find it handy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,906
    Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4, 3G, Sony Ericsson Z710i, Z600, T310
    Ericsson T18z, Cantel Amigo AT&T 3610
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by theplayground View Post
    Thats exactly what it is really......... kind of annoying and useless. But I'm noticing this happening often when my phone is on WIFI lately........but I think that is more of an issue with the Iphone4S. I'm completely losing the 3G when I have Wifi....this is probably due to a weak signal I guess...

    Thanks
    I had it for a few weeks a coupl years ago. I got rid of it partly because it was so annoying. But you really get an idea for how bad Rogers service is when you see how many calls you missed.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,864
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    WhoCalled only activates when the person calling does not leave a vmail. Darn handy, IMO.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 08:54 AM
  2. Rogers iPhone Value Packs Include MMS Now
    By WorldIRC in forum Apple
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 01:34 PM
  3. Replies: 748
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 11:10 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 01:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks