Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: All Value Packs now $5?!

Carriers
    Robbers
    Feedback Score
    Just to backtrack a bit, I was happy that I had WhoCalled turned off but then I got suspicious with VMs asking why I never pick up so I got it turned back on and to my horrors I would get several WhoCalled messages a day when my phone didn't ring. It's "good" for augmenting the network when it fails.
    Rogers:
    Unlimited Canada-wide calling, 2500 sent SMS - $35; 6GB Data - $30 less $10; Call Fwd/xfr - N/C; Local UMA - N/C; Value Pak - $10 $11

Moblicity:
    $29 For $45 plan

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4, 3G, Sony Ericsson Z710i, Z600, T310
    Ericsson T18z, Cantel Amigo AT&T 3610
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fruvous View Post
    Just to backtrack a bit, I was happy that I had WhoCalled turned off but then I got suspicious with VMs asking why I never pick up so I got it turned back on and to my horrors I would get several WhoCalled messages a day when my phone didn't ring. It's "good" for augmenting the network when it fails.
    I was stunned by how many missed calls would show up. I think most people would be surprised if they found out how many calls made to them never made it to their phone.
    Unlocked Pentaband iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked iPhone 4
    Unlimited airtime, Unlimited CAN/US long distance, Unlimited SMS to CAN/US wireless numbers
    2500 Call Forwarding minutes to CAN/US numbers
    CiD, 6GB
    Google Voice for visual voice mail with message transcription, conditional greetings, unlimited messages (vs 35 message cap), remote retrieval from any PC or phone, no auto-purge after 10 days and most importantly no $7-$8 charge.
    $53$65

Phones
    Apple iPhone 5
    Blackberry Pearl 9100 {Retired}
    Blackberry 8220 {Retired}
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just called about the $5 VP plans & was told my voice & data rate would go from $50/mth to +$90/mth. I was also given the option to go from 5gb/mth to 500mb/mth for $90/mth. Are these guys all high!?

Carrier
    Rogers Communications Inc.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade_27 View Post
    Just called about the $5 VP plans & was told my voice & data rate would go from $50/mth to +$90/mth. I was also given the option to go from 5gb/mth to 500mb/mth for $90/mth. Are these guys all high!?
    but...you get the $5 VP!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    I was stunned by how many missed calls would show up. I think most people would be surprised if they found out how many calls made to them never made it to their phone.
    Like I said in an earlier post this who called comes in very Handy on Rogers HSPA Network because if you didn't have it you would have no way of knowing how crap the network is

Phones
    Moto X
    Q10
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score

Re: All Value Packs now $5?!

Quote Originally Posted by B407 View Post
    They do not include domestic texting. These value packs are intended for in market plans that already include domestic texting. In addition, these value packs will not appear in the billing system if you have a grandfathered plan.

Value pack for MMS, is intended for devices that do not run Android, BB, or iOS. It sends you an MMS with an audio file containing your voice messages.
    I find the MMS visual voicemail option the best choice. It's far more reliable than an app, and allow you to switch from any device to any other without losing the feature.

Getting an Android/iPhone/BB app version is a pain down the road if you switch devices and need to call Fido and switch options each time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums

Personal phone: FIDO $56 unlimited Smart plan w/2GB LTE MAX ($10/GB overage)
    Business phone: FIDO $55 unlimited Standard plan w/5GB LTE MAX (2 x 10% discounts = $44.55, $10/GB overage)
    Laptop/desktop: WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB soft cap)

All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by JustinCredible View Post
    I find the MMS visual voicemail option the best choice. It's far more reliable than an app, and allow you to switch from any device to any other without losing the feature.

Getting an Android/iPhone/BB app version is a pain down the road if you switch devices and need to call Fido and switch options each time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using HowardForums
    It's also handy while roaming.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using HowardForums

Phone
    BlackBerry Q10 (v.3 w/ LTE 2600mhz band)
    Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Vodaphone, and Orange
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrice View Post
    According to the website, it looks like the Value Packs have been simplified. While there are still Blackberry, Android, iPhone and "MMS" versions all contain the same features:

- Name Display
    - Visual Voicemail Plus
    - Unlimited U.S. & International Text Messages
    - WhoCalled

Pricing is $5/month for all.
    The 5$ value pack is only compatible with the new market plans. All of the older grandfathered monthly service plans can still be adjusted with to the older regular priced previous value packs. Make sense!?

Sent from my SGH-I957R using HowardForums

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Factory unlocked Iphone4
    Nokia E71
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphonejunky View Post
    The 5$ value pack is only compatible with the new market plans. All of the older grandfathered monthly service plans can still be adjusted with to the older regular priced previous value packs. Make sense!?

Sent from my SGH-I957R using HowardForums
    Finally someone from Rogers is making sense!!!.............lol
    Just kidding mate..................

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3