Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Big Changes coming to Straight Talk????

Carrier
    Ting, Republic Wireless
    Feedback Score

Big Changes coming to Straight Talk????

We all know that Straight Talk has ceased selling AT&T SIMs on its web-site and that AT&T are now the least favored phones sold on ST.com as well.

Today, someone posted and then deleted the following message from a comment on AndroidPolice:

"On February 25th Straight Talk will be unavailing a revamped website experience, along with several new mid and high end phones and a new procedure for acquiring and activating AT&T sim cards. The new Straight talk sim cards will work on AT&T 4G LTE networks. You will also be able to view call history and other information if you have a Straight Talk account. For the first time Straight Talk will also allow certain smart phones to be used on their $30 plan and will be expanding the plan to offer more voice minutes (1500) text (2000) and data (300 MB). Enjoy and remember, you heard it here first."

Someone else who re-posted it here before it was deleted described the author of the comment as being credible.

I predicted more than a year ago that ST would need to change their $30 plan eventually and given the disappearance of AT&T SIMs and the change of APN's for AT&T SIMs, this doesn't sound outlandish to me.

1. Does anyone know who the author of this message was?
    2. Does anyone have any information about this?
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I no longer see messages from these users (and won't respond to them):
    pfoneguy, rcentros.

Feedback Score

I don't know about the author, but to have LTE and be the first prepaid provider to do so, would be awesome. It sounds to good to be true, but they are marketing T-Mobile's 4G network. Also, I think last week.. I tried going to their website and it said they were down and to check back later. This would be really cool of it were true.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Re: Big Changes coming to Straight Talk????

MetroPCS has LTE I believe.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using HowardForums

Phone
    LG G2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin.kelley View Post
    MetroPCS has LTE I believe.

Metro has the right to claim being the first network in the US with LTE, prepaid or otherwise. Granted it isn't anywhere near as fast as Verizon and the like but they did in fact launch it first.

Phones
    Samsung Moment
    Palm Pre
    iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carriers
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score

What would be the point of LTE on Straight Talk?
    So you can get throttled faster?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    More in line with PagePlus's $30 plan, nice.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by corrupt81 View Post

LTE doesn't mean you will be using more data. Just because its faster doesn't mean it uses more data in the process. Send a Prius and a Ferrari down a quarter mile drag strip, both travel the same distance, just one gets you their faster.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

I've also noticed all evening, when you enter your zip code for service and phone selections, for me, its not been giving me an option to enter my zip, it has a message says "Portal is unavailable". Maybe they are revising phone selections for regions?

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by corrupt81 View Post

LTE is cheaper and they could throttle you still however you could enjoy better speed beforehand.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Since Straight Talk does not operate the network, the costs incurred by the actual carrier would not necessarily translate to lower costs for Straight Talk. In fact the carrier might charge more to help to recover its infrastructure investments. It would be a bigger letdown to go from twenty megabits per second to three hundred kilobits per second than to go from two megabits per second to three hundred kilobits per second.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    People made a big stink when I suggested it but I am going to repeat my theory here as well. The SIMs will also very likely be provisioned now with a proper MVNO SIM ID so that when placed in iPhones they will no longer come up AT&T and instead will come up TFW. This will fix visual voicemail, mms, etc. They have an official Apple Carrier bundle they just need the SIMs to tap into it. Before people chime in about the bundle being CDMA, the bundle can contain multiple sets of APN settings based on identifiers.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score

Well lte would be awesome!

Feedback Score
    Sounds to me like Straight Talk is more AT&T and T-Mobile geared than Verizon. Because all the posts are all about these two networks. I hear very little concerning Straight Talk and the Verizon Network. I can't use T-Mobile and Sprint. They are non-existent in my area.. AT&T is not all that good in my area. Verizon is the best one in my area and the only one I will use. But finding a really nice Android Smartphone using the Verizon Network has been an impossibility. The Galaxy 2 was said to be using the Verizon Network , but reading further on down the page , it said AT&T. So it was a mixed up mess of a read. I give up. Maybe 10 years from now , Straight Talk will have some excellent Verizon Network phones. Until it does get some , I will stay with Verizon and pay their outrageous price.

Carrier
    ATT postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillxz View Post
    Sounds to me like Straight Talk is more AT&T and T-Mobile geared than Verizon. Because all the posts are all about these two networks. I hear very little concerning Straight Talk and the Verizon Network. I can't use T-Mobile and Sprint. They are non-existent in my area.. AT&T is not all that good in my area. Verizon is the best one in my area and the only one I will use. But finding a really nice Android Smartphone using the Verizon Network has been an impossibility. The Galaxy 2 was said to be using the Verizon Network , but reading further on down the page , it said AT&T. So it was a mixed up mess of a read. I give up. Maybe 10 years from now , Straight Talk will have some excellent Verizon Network phones. Until it does get some , I will stay with Verizon and pay their outrageous price.
    Only good phone on ST verizon is the iPhone. If you have a Walmart credit card, you could get it for no interest for $25/month. $70/month is still cheaper than post-paid.

To the OP. I hope this is true. Would be nice to have a Smartphone for $30/month with some data.
    http://www.racefansforever.weebly.com// For a Fan's perspective on NASCAR racing.

http://kevdogg329.blogspot.com/ My Personal Blog

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forum.php For good information about safety razor shaving, and straight edge shaving

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    For whatever it's worth, that post on Android Police has been removed and flagged as "Not Authorized".

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast