Thread: Wow look at eastlink's Canadian Roaming Rates

Feedback Score

Wow look at eastlink's Canadian Roaming Rates

Voice calls are comparable to Wind & Mobilicity but there Canadian Text & Data Roaming Rates are pretty damh good compare to any providers in Canada.

Travelling in Canada

If you’re travelling in Canada and outside of the current Eastlink network, you have access to our coast-to-coast Partner Network, so no matter what, you’re always connected. Eastlink includes Canada-wide travel minutes in each of our Talk & Text plans. Plus, we offer low, Canada-wide travel rates.

Calls to North America (per min) 25¢

Sent Text messages (per msg)‡ 5¢‡

Received Text message (per msg) Free

Sent Picture or Video message (per msg)‡ 5¢ (Data applicable)‡

Received Picture or Video messages (per msg) (Data applicable)

Data (per MB) 25¢

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score

Re: Wow look at eastlink's Canadian Roaming Rates

Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    Canadian Text & Data Roaming Rates are pretty damh good compare to any providers in Canada.
    Other than wind / mobi no one charges roaming charges for sms and data in canada.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score

I think a northern Ontario provider is partner with one out more of the big three and charges roaming vis the big three. I forgot name now.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using HowardForums
    No longer on a leash by Fido

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score

Correction,I meant the customers of one or more of the big three gets billed roaming when traveled to that small northern provider.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
    Correction,I meant the customers of one or more of the big three gets billed roaming when traveled to that small northern provider.

DMTS mobility. However rogers now has towers around dryden. Bellus will have coverage this year

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Other than wind / mobi no one charges roaming charges for sms and data in canada.

Yeah they have no roaming however they have this thing called "long distance" on local plans which can be anywhere from 35c to 45c a minute plus regular Airtime if on a plan with limited minutes for all incoming calls and calls to else where in the country other then where they are phycially located. So I would rather roam with these new providers then to pay long distance charges on local plans.
    Last edited by jattdesi; 02-17-2013 at 12:31 AM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Voice calls are comparable to Wind & Mobilicity but there Canadian Text & Data Roaming Rates are pretty damh good compare to any providers in Canada.

Travelling in Canada

If you’re travelling in Canada and outside of the current Eastlink network, you have access to our coast-to-coast Partner Network, so no matter what, you’re always connected. Eastlink includes Canada-wide travel minutes in each of our Talk & Text plans. Plus, we offer low, Canada-wide travel rates.

Calls to North America (per min) 25¢

Sent Text messages (per msg)‡ 5¢‡

Received Text message (per msg) Free

Sent Picture or Video message (per msg)‡ 5¢ (Data applicable)‡

Received Picture or Video messages (per msg) (Data applicable)

Data (per MB) 25¢

Doesn't Sasktel offer no roaming in Canada? Thought I remember seeing/reading that somewhere?

Feedback Score
    I belive it only for Data on Certain Plan or maybe all Plans but like I said its Data Roaming only in Canada

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah they have no roaming however they have this thing called "long distance" on local plans which can be anywhere from 35c to 45c a minute plus regular Airtime if on a plan with limited minutes for all incoming calls and calls to else where in the country other then where they are phycially located. So I would rather roam with these new providers then to pay long distance charges on local plans.
    I was talking about SMS and data. :-). Those "long distance" charges is not a problem - the CDN LD addon is $10. Add it for the month you need roaming. (or get a plan with CDN LD built in)

Feedback Score

90% of the Plans that people are on With Telus do not have a long distance plan or option and not everyone plan can add long distance for $10.its $20 to add the long distance on most plans and Even then you still pay airtime on a non unlimited plan and on a limited minutes plan if you have exceeded your so called 200 minutes its 45c a minute when out of your home area. Also this thread was to show how good the Canadian roaming rates are on east link compare to other providers long distance rates and regular airtime rates.

Sent from an unlocked Rogers LG Optimus G with LTE 2600MHz Band on the Shared Bellus LTE/HSPA + Network