Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So who thinks eastlink is costlier than big 3

Feedback Score
    Eastlink plans need a good change

Feedback Score
    Those Eastlink personal plans are horrendous. The Share one not that great. MTS and Videotron are not that great either.

Don't know what the Big 3 are offering in Eastlinks area but in Quebec Videotron and Big 3 are almost identical.

SaskTel has some good plans. Local calling but lots of data. $70 unlimited local minutes and 10GBs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue17 View Post
    Those Eastlink personal plans are horrendous. The Share one not that great. MTS and Videotron are not that great either.

Don't know what the Big 3 are offering in Eastlinks area but in Quebec Videotron and Big 3 are almost identical.

SaskTel has some good plans. Local calling but lots of data. $70 unlimited local minutes and 10GBs
    10GB Not bad just use the 10GB with some of the Free VoIP apps then you can get non-local calling aswell unless they block VoIP.

Feedback Score
    like others have mentioned you do get a discount for using all three (internet homephone and tv). but I don't want tv anymore so will cancel and likely jump to the other cellular carrier. it's too bad, the service is quite reliable in my area.

Device(s)
    BB8320
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by capello View Post
    like others have mentioned you do get a discount for using all three (internet homephone and tv). but I don't want tv anymore so will cancel and likely jump to the other cellular carrier. it's too bad, the service is quite reliable in my area.
    Eastlink sucks high cable prices, crappy internet and horrible C/S they are a bunch of weasels like Shaw cable.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Eastlink cable internet is a more competitive proposition than their mobile service. The cable tech support is really good.

However, it still is very expensive. They keep raising the fees every year or so. While they also increase the bandwidth, that is not worth it to me. Its like adding a third, fourth, and fifth row of seats to my car. So I've switched to Navnet. They are an Eastlink reseller with a 20 MBit/s limit (and I actually achieve 20 MBit/s). Total cost, tax included, is $49.11/month. No data volume cap. I can recommend Navnet, as long as you are fine with 20 MBit/s.

Feedback Score
    My Eastlink bill has actually decreased 10$ in the past year. No complaints here!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Never tried them for a mobile provider, but had them for internet services when I was in Nova Scotia for a year. Didn't really like them, but they kind of have a monopoly out there. I had two choices and two choices only, so I went with the lesser of two evils. While there I stuck with Telus for my mobile provider.

In general though, Canadian mobile and internet services are ridiculously overpriced. I'm not really sure why, but the rest of the world seems to have been able to manage to offer cheaper services (maybe just from having more competition, driving prices down), but Canada still has sky-high prices. The U.S. for example offers much lower mobile and internet, as well as other discount web services, and here in Europe, I pay about €10 for my mobile services each month. That's because I don't actually call a lot on my mobile, but if I wanted to up my outgoing and incoming calls, it would still be under €20. That was absolutely impossible in Canada. I had a minimum contract of around $50, and always ended up paying more like $80-$100, which...let's face it, is pretty much robbery. But when you have no other choices.....

It started getting a little more competition before I left and we were starting to see the prices slowly drop a little, but it won't ever hit a $10 mark....at least not for a very very long time.

Canada is beautiful and wonderful and I will always love it....it's home...but I am so glad to be done with Canadian mobile contracts and providers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2