Thread: No Data on 3GS w/ATT Sim?

Feedback Score

No Data on 3GS w/ATT Sim?

Hello all. I hope all is well.

I've been using a iPhone 3GS successfully for several months on ST. I just upgraded to a iPhone5. So I was going to let me wife use my 3GS on ST.

The 3GS is factory unlocked, running iOS 6.1 and I just purchased a new sim from the Walmart website for ATT. Phone and texting work, but not MMS/Data (as expected).

1- I installed the unlockit profile (I did this before, on my sim) - When I go to access data, it tells me that it can't activate cellular data network, You are not subscribed to a cellular data service.

I restored the phone and then jailbroke the phone. Installed EditAPN. I changed the APN settings as indicated in the Howardforums wiki.
    Same results.

I then uninstalled EditAPN and installed Tetherme. Still, no data, same error ...

Any ideas? In the past I used the T-mobile sim swap trick to get things going (I did this with my iPhone 5 as well, but I have to sacrafice my t-mobile sim to get my iphone 5 working).

Help, this is frustrating the hell out of me.

Phone
    iPhone 5c
    Carrier
    Pageplus Cellular 4G LTE(ME)/Cricket(GF)
    Feedback Score

Re: No Data on 3GS w/ATT Sim?

What apn did you use? I bought a sim kit from Walmart and the apn for my sim is tfdata. I had went to Boost Mobile but decided to come back to Net 10 and this is the 3rd time they have changed apns on the byop sim. Maybe the Straight Talk sim has been changed too. If tfdata doesn't work then try wap.tracfone as the apn.

Sent from my PantechP9060 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flrjr42501 View Post
    What apn did you use? I bought a sim kit from Walmart and the apn for my sim is tfdata. I had went to Boost Mobile but decided to come back to Net 10 and this is the 3rd time they have changed apns on the byop sim. Maybe the Straight Talk sim has been changed too. If tfdata doesn't work then try wap.tracfone as the apn.

I used this on both my phones

Cellular Data APN: att.mvno
    Username:
    Password:
    MMS APN: att.mvno
    Username:
    Password:

My iphone 5 is working great. The sim on it has been in use for several months... but I did use the Tmobile sim swap method on it..

Feedback Score
    I just got off the phone with ST.
    They had me run via wi-fi

iapnupdateatt.net10.com

And data starting working. Seems the sim card is net10 based?
    They are suppose to email me to MMS settings. Once I get the phone jailbroken I will let folks know the settings.

Feedback Score

It's funny. This one seems to be tfdata as well ... But should be an AT&T card.

Phone
    iPhone 5c
    Carrier
    Pageplus Cellular 4G LTE(ME)/Cricket(GF)
    Feedback Score

Re: No Data on 3GS w/ATT Sim?

The At&t sims are using the tfdata apn now. My sim is the Att micro sim from Walmart. I wish they would settle on a apn and leave it be.

Feedback Score
    The At&t sims are using the tfdata apn now. My sim is the Att micro sim from Walmart. I wish they would settle on a apn and leave it be.

It's funny, at first I thought it was the tfdata apn, but after looking at the apn profile it downloaded, it's still the att apn... Not sure why their address worked and unlockit's apn didn't.

It took a call to ST Tech support to get answers. I'd post the APN settings from the ST email, but I can't post "links"... as of yet.

Feedback Score
    Code:
    APN Settings for iPhones (AT&T SIM card):

Cellular Data
    APN: att.mvno
    Username: leave this field blank
    Password: leave this field blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: mms2.tracfone.com:80 This IP Address must include the MMS Port;otherwise it will not work on the iPhone.
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: do not make any changes to this field
    APN Settings for iPhones (T-Mobile SIM card):

Cellular Data
    APN: wap.tracfone
    MMS
    APN: wap.tracfone
    MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.40:8080
    If the phone is locked and cannot change the APN Settings manually, you can download the APN changer application or go to the links below. This links depends will work depends on the plan attached to the phone. So, you may try to access these links and check which one will work.

iapnupdatetfdata.net10.com
    iapnupdate.net10.com
    iapnupdateatt.net10.com