Thread: Best non T-Mobile Pre-Paid for 10k sms / month?

Phones
    Samsung m370
    Samsung m370
    Carriers
    Ting
    Feedback Score

Best non T-Mobile Pre-Paid for 10k sms / month?

Getting ready to port out one of my T-Mobile lines to a prepaid and was wondering what you guys would think is the best prepaid plan for 10k sms a month. Some data (100mb / month) would be nice BUT NOT REQUIRED, and no voice. If I actually got T-Mobile reception in my house I'd get their $30 month plan, but I don't. (The other carriers, Sprint, Verizon, ATT I get okay reception.) I know some MVNO's advertise "unlimited" sms, but am wondering what the real limits are. If a plan like Virgin Mobile's $35 lets you use up to 10k sms a month that would be ideal; if not, maybe I'll think of going Verizon or ATT's prepaid unlimited sms for $20 a month.

Thanks for suggestions / comments.
    My current setup: Samsung m370 with Opera Mini on Ting's network gives me full Internet, 1000 texts, and 100 minutes for $17 a month. Roams on Verizon too.

Feedback Score
    You hit it on the head. Virgin, Verizon and Att are all prepaid divisions, NOT mvnos thus do not have talk/text caps on unlimited usually. They are truly unlimited for talk/text/and probably mms. I'd go with Att because they have or Virgin (if you want data). For $5 more you get a lot more with Virgin mobile. Know that all these carrier's coverage is prepaid/native only and not with roaming like postpaid has so there may be some differences between Sprint postpaid and Virgin, Att and Gophone and Verizon and Verizon prepaid depending on market. Verizon would limit handset selection to feature phones only (no touchscreens except Extravert). Att messaging would not allow any data except expensive per kilobyte use rates. I'd go with Virgin if possible They don't allow byod though but Virgin Mobile devices are cheap.

Phones
    Samsung m370
    Samsung m370
    Carriers
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Thanks fonezfonz. Do you know if Virgin Mobile allows up to 10,000 sms on their plans?

Carriers
    ekit, Truphone
    piranha, Worldsim
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Raven View Post
    I'll think of going Verizon or ATT's prepaid unlimited sms for $20 a month.
    AT&T Start with $100.00 that gives you a year of service and pays 5 months of $20.00. Then add more money. If you accidently answer a call or use some data and lose rounded numbers, Refilling online at AT&T's site now allows any dollar amount between $10 and $100 [I think.]

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: Best non T-Mobile Pre-Paid for 10k sms / month?

I use maybe 12k monthly sms on boost mobile no issues.

I'd imagine the same with virgin

Carrier
    Platinumtel
    Feedback Score
    my sister has virgin and uses way more than 10k

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Raven View Post
    Thanks fonezfonz. Do you know if Virgin Mobile allows up to 10,000 sms on their plans?
    VM does but my apologies. The $25 plan hasn't been so for awhile, they upped it to $35 There was a brief flashback to the past with a way to get the $25 rate but they slammed the doors on our fingers on that. I'm so sorry .That is my mistake as I haven't really paid a lot of attention to VM lately.

As a prepaid division they should and it helps greatly that our fellow hofos on Boost their sister prepaid division proves that it is highly probable.

As prepaid divisions have NO MIDDLEMAN, unlike mvnos, they are more then capable of giving out truly unlimited talk/text vs mvnos which have to deal with an mvne (middleman) . For talk/text, most if not all prepaid divisions should be truly that way with no hidden caps.

Mvnos always have caps.

I would say it's between Att and Verizon at this point . $5 more is okay but $15 gives you other options besides just these two which is where Virgin mobile will take you.

Phones
    Samsung m370
    Samsung m370
    Carriers
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Thank you all for the help and taking the time to respond. It seems I narrowed it down to the correct 3: Virgin Mobile's $35 if I want to splurge for some data (and I don't expect to go over 10k texts), or AT&T / Verizon for $20 for the pure texting. Thanks again everyone for making HoFo such a helpful and valuable community.