Thread: can't port out of Virgin Mobile - says account number is incorrect

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

can't port out of Virgin Mobile - says account number is incorrect

trying to port our of VM to Page Plus but it keeps saying that my account number is not correct. The account number is the mobile number and I called to verify that with VM.

hope this has nothing to do with the VM upgrades they are doing since I have not been able to log into my account in over two weeks now.

I can't wait to leave this lousy service behind.

Feedback Score

Is all the rest of your information correct. Acct pin etc.
    Is this acct currently active? I had a acct that was inactive for quite some time but I could still log in to it and check things. About a week and a half ago I decided to reactivate the acct and it kept saying I had a invalid number.
    I had let the acct sit too long and lost my number. Sooooo now I have a new one.
    Not sure what to say if all your information is correct, acct active and VM confirms everything.

Lol on the lousy service part. Their service is about on par with most MVNOs that I have used, however their data is much much slower now than it was when I left over a year ago.
    Which is fine, I use wifi mostly, the 3G gets me by for what little I do, talk and text is about the same as before, not great but about the same as other MVNOs.
    Had USCC before VM and ST, overall service was the same and phone selection. Customer service was no better, so I figure I'm doing better, same mediocre service but paying half the price.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Phone
    iPhone 5S, Moto_G
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile, Republic_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuonaDomenica View Post
    trying to port our of VM to Page Plus but it keeps saying that my account number is not correct. The account number is the mobile number and I called to verify that with VM.

hope this has nothing to do with the VM upgrades they are doing since I have not been able to log into my account in over two weeks now.

I can't wait to leave this lousy service behind.
    Contact customer service, ask for the porting department.

If the csr asks what your calling them about tell the csr you want to cancel your service and want to take your number to Page Plus.

No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    Contact customer service, ask for the porting department.

If the csr asks what your calling them about tell the csr you want to cancel your service and want to take your number to Page Plus.

I will try to do that. My service is still active and yes all the account pin info is correct

Edit:
    called again and was given an account number by a more knowledgeable person. Will see if this is the right account number this time around.

thanks for all the help here.
    Last edited by BuonaDomenica; 02-19-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    update:

port is complete and the number transferred over from VM to PagePlus. Good that I found one CSR who knew what he was talking about when giving me the real account number.

I choose the $29.95 plan with 1200 min and I will get 250mb of data which is enough for me. I was with Virgin Mobile since July of 2011 and I will not miss the slow data or dropped calls. Good riddance!!

BD

Phone
    iPhone 5S, Moto_G
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    update:

port is complete and the number transferred over from VM to PagePlus. Good that I found one CSR who knew what he was talking about when giving me the real account number.

I choose the $29.95 plan with 1200 min and I will get 250mb of data which is enough for me. I was with Virgin Mobile since July of 2011 and I will not miss the slow data or dropped calls. Good riddance!!

BD
    Be sure to post your experiences on the Page Plus forum, there are plenty of helpful and well informed subscribers that participate on there too...

Feedback Score

update:

BD
    If you would explain what the real acct number is.
    I have never ported out of VM but was told more than once months ago by VM that the acct number and the phone number were the same. Because it is pay as you go or prepaid there is no quote unquote acct number just a phone number that pulls double duty.

Phone
    iPhone 5S, Moto_G
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    I have never ported out of VM but was told more than once months ago by VM that the acct number and the phone number were the same. Because it is pay as you go or prepaid there is no quote unquote acct number just a phone number that pulls double duty.
    It seems that now they have an account number assigned.
    Must be a new post-update feature.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    From what I've read, there is an actual "account number" Virgin Mobile assigns that is NOT the telephone number, but that is necessary if you are porting your number to another carrier. It's only available by contacting them; you won't find it by logging into your account.

Imagine if all it took was your phone number to request a port - a vengeful ex or mischievous friend could create a cell phone nightmare for you

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by aml1025 View Post
    From what I've read, there is an actual "account number" Virgin Mobile assigns that is NOT the telephone number, but that is necessary if you are porting your number to another carrier. It's only available by contacting them; you won't find it by logging into your account.

Imagine if all it took was your phone number to request a port - a vengeful ex or mischievous friend could create a cell phone nightmare for you
    Understand, that is why a pin, address, payment info etc are all needed to do a port from most places.
    Good to know, doubt I'll be going anywhere but if I do I'll know that my acct and phone numbers are not the same.

Phones
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Data still works on the phone

so it has been over 24 hours since I have ported out of VM. The 3g data still works on the Virgin Phone. Is that normal? When will that be turned off? I'm not on wifi or anything like that. Even tested it in an area today where there is no wifi and the 3g still works. Can't make anymore calls but still browse the net on the phone.

I need to sell that POS of Motorola Triumph so I guess I need to call Virgin Mobile again and have them deactivate that phone. More time on hold again. ugh!!

BD

Phones
    Samsung Moment
    Palm Pre
    iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carriers
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score

Re: can't port out of Virgin Mobile - says account number is incorrect

It should turn off automatically.

Mine did the same thing when I ported, checked it again the next day and pages wouldn't load.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score

so it has been over 24 hours since I have ported out of VM. The 3g data still works on the Virgin Phone. Is that normal? When will that be turned off? I'm not on wifi or anything like that. Even tested it in an area today where there is no wifi and the 3g still works. Can't make anymore calls but still browse the net on the phone.

I need to sell that POS of Motorola Triumph so I guess I need to call Virgin Mobile again and have them deactivate that phone. More time on hold again. ugh!!

BD
    ROTFLMAO that POS Triumph. That is the same phone I recently reactivated.
    The first one I got was a POS for sure, the warranty replacement was much better but not perfect and the GPS is still useless, but that doesn't bother me much any more because I use it as my personal phone and have GPS built in to my new car.
    I did find a new launcher that has made a HUGE difference in how this phone works.
    It is called Nemus Launcher and it is many times better than the launcher that came with the Triumph, also a new camera I found called FastBurst Camera, is a HUGE improvement over the default.
    Still stuck with the Banshee VirginMobile cry on start up and shut down. If I could only get rid of the Banshee cry it would actually be pretty nice.
    The Nemus Launcher is much smaller than Go Launcher, does not have all the spam that comes with GoLauncher and has many of the cool features.
    Just know, if you want to have a different lock screen wallpaper, set it up before you add Nemus because wallpaper controls go by by with the new launcher. You get them back of course with removal.
    So just so you know, the Triumph can now be made to be a half way decent device.
    Last edited by AndroidFoneFan; 02-21-2013 at 02:23 PM.