Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: *Straight Talk* Fix my DATA to recommend speeds or else..

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    here is question for op.what is the rcomended data speed for the ops phone,and how did the op come up with that number?

Feedback Score

*Straight Talk* Fix my DATA to recommend speeds or else..

Does anyone have the link for the straight talk support on facebook.

Carrier
    GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Altimx02 View Post
    Does anyone have the link for the straight talk support on facebook.
    Google is your friend

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...af0f45acaf0a5b

Feedback Score

Hasn't worked for me yet...maybe they fixed it though.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    iPhone 5
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. The wording unlimited data means unlimited....period. I can guarantee you that there will be a class action lawsuit againt Straight Talk and all the other companies that market their services as "UNLIMITED DATA" and are infact not providing such services. They need to change their wording and clarify to the consumer that they are allowed a certain data for a given price. They may get away with this in the short term but I will bet anyone that once one company gets sued, the rest will follow and this will be the downfall of these rinky dinky companies. If you examine virgin mobile and boost which fall under sprint or gosmart by tmobile or at&t prepaid or Verizon prepaid, these are the parent company-owned prepaid sister companies. they all state what you get in plain english and you do not have to read the terms and conditions to realize that your plan is either unlimited or does have restrictions. On the other hand, simple mobile and straight talk and all the other ones out there are using "FALSE ADVERTISING" to attract customers under false pretenses. They will see their downfall soon.

Feedback Score

I really don't know why people can't just read between the lines and just quietly enjoy their service. Everyone's dying for ST to limit their data so they "know how much the limit is"....just use under 2gb and if u get throttled once in a while call it in and get it taken off. I'd prefer that then a 1.5GB cap, which would suck.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Re: *Straight Talk* Fix my DATA to recommend speeds or else..

Quote Originally Posted by sb5100 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Shawn! BANK OF AMERICA BUSINESS Dept ready to pull the funds from the time i became a customer, about 6/7 months. The bank asked if ST "ever attempted or ever explained that i will be throttled at any moment" I said NO.

EDIT: On hold with ST.
    That's funny. Like your bank cares if straight talk is treating you fairly...banks only refund if it was made in error or straight talk issues a refund themselves, which neither of those apply so good luck ranting and raving.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using HowardForums

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post
    This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. The wording unlimited data means unlimited....period. I can guarantee you that there will be a class action lawsuit againt Straight Talk and all the other companies that market their services as "UNLIMITED DATA" and are infact not providing such services. They need to change their wording and clarify to the consumer that they are allowed a certain data for a given price. They may get away with this in the short term but I will bet anyone that once one company gets sued, the rest will follow and this will be the downfall of these rinky dinky companies. If you examine virgin mobile and boost which fall under sprint or gosmart by tmobile or at&t prepaid or Verizon prepaid, these are the parent company-owned prepaid sister companies. they all state what you get in plain english and you do not have to read the terms and conditions to realize that your plan is either unlimited or does have restrictions. On the other hand, simple mobile and straight talk and all the other ones out there are using "FALSE ADVERTISING" to attract customers under false pretenses. They will see their downfall soon.
    what law firm have you brought this issue to

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I don't understand? They are giving you unlimted data. It just gets throttled after a certain amount. I have not seen where it says they guarantee a certain speed so what exactly are they doing wrong?

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Scottneon View Post
    I don't understand? They are giving you unlimted data. It just gets throttled after a certain amount. I have not seen where it says they guarantee a certain speed so what exactly are they doing wrong?
    Exactly. ......

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    hey st is doing nothing wrong.legaly st can set speed to 150kps and there is not one judge in this country that will stop it.there is nothing in st tos,website or adds that states a speed.now att and others advertise 4g speeds and have to deliver but not st.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The mainstream carriers just have to make their best efforts. No carrier guarantees a particular speed. Even if the carrier only has a 4G network, congestion can always reduce the effective throughput.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You know some ambulance chaser attorney would have made a case by now if it stood a chance and there was any money to be made. (For him, not you.)

Seems to me you are getting entirely too excited over a prepaid phone service.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Because a throttle is a "limit," and unlimited means that there aren't any "limits."

Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Under 15 U.S.C. 1666, a credit card company must reverse a charge if it qualifies as a "billing error." Under 15 U.S.C. 1666(b)(3), a billing error is defined to include: "A reflection on a statement of goods or services not accepted by the obligor or his designee or not delivered to the obligor or his designee in accordance with the agreement made at the time of a transaction."

Here, ST promised unlimited data. If ST delivers throttled data or limited data, they have not delivered the services "in accordance with the agreement made at the time of the transaction."

ST cannot rely upon its TOS to overcome the promises in its written advertising under the FTC Rules.

"Advertisements often contain fine-print footnotes or video superscripts that attempt to disclaim, limit, or explain claims made elsewhere in the ad. Advertisers cannot use fine print to contradict other statements in an ad or to clear up misimpressions the ad would otherwise leave." http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/workshops/dis...ses/index.html

By advertising unlimited data (they no longer say "unlimited mobile web" in their ads) and not disclosing that they will throttle or terminate service, they have agreed to deliver just that. Their TOS cannot cure the deceptive impact, and the credit card company should reverse the charges because the service was not delivered in accordance with the agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by benjamin.kelley View Post
    That's funny. Like your bank cares if straight talk is treating you fairly...banks only refund if it was made in error or straight talk issues a refund themselves, which neither of those apply so good luck ranting and raving.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using HowardForums

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast