Thread: Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912 flashed to Straigh Talk

Feedback Score

Post Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912 flashed to Straigh Talk

Hi Howardforum users,

First of all, I have to tell few things here. This is a very good site with useful information and experts sharing their knowledge on various work arounds. So I highly respect this site.

Coming to my problem, I bought a Verizon's Motorola Droid Razr and I want to use it with a Prepaid Carrier, preferably Straight Talk.

I have other options as well.

1. I have a BRAND NEW SEALED Simple Mobile SIM Card,
    2. I also have a LG220C Phone for flashing.

( I took the guidance of people from howardforums.com and xda-developers.com users, for flashing the phone. I flashed Sanyo Incognito SCP6760 to Sprint HTC EVO 4G and I used it for more than 7 Months. Boost Mobile does not offer Unlimited International Calling anymore. So bye bye to Boost Mobile.

Unlimited International calling is now offered by only 3 carriers, Simple Mobile, Net10 and Straight Talk.

So, I'm evaluating the options that I have.
    ANy help is highly appreciated. Since I already know what flashing is, how it can be done, how to change the ESN of a CDMA Phone, I think any insight is highly appreciated.

From my previous experience with Boost Mobile, I think that, with the LG220C I have, I can use it to activate on the Straight Talk CDMA Network and after that, get the details of that LG220C and use the CDMA Workshop and edit the IMEI on the Motorola Razr.

Is that so? or it is something different in the Straight Talk world? If You can give me some guidance then I will start exploring on those lines.

Also I want to tell You one thing here. Sometimes, when I was using the Sprint HTC EVO 4G flashed to Boost Mobile, the call directly gets connected to the Boost Mobile Authorization department and they used to ask me, what is the Make, Model Number of the donor, when did I start using the CDMA Phone etc. etc. and after the verification, there was no problem. It happened like 4-5 times. But there was no problem.
    Is it the same case with Straight Talk or it is not possible with Straight Talk?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks You,

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score

Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912 flashed to Straigh Talk

Honestly to save a headache I wouldn't bother flashing. It would be much easier to sell your droid and buy a gsm android and just pop in the sim and you would be good to go.

Even if you do flash it successfully I don't think straight talk is as acceptable as say boost. Plus it is a huge pita... I tried flashing a sprint phone to page plus and it never really worked out very well. It would be much easier to go gsm. Then you can switch prepaid carriers all you want.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Agreed. Sell the XT912 and buy an XT910 or an XT890. Then pop-in a ST AT&T Micro-SIM and you'll have the same (XT912) or better (XT890) phone on AT&T's network for $45.00 per month with unlimited talk, unlimited text, and 1.5GB of data.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    Honestly to save a headache I wouldn't bother flashing. It would be much easier to sell your droid and buy a gsm android and just pop in the sim and you would be good to go.

Even if you do flash it successfully I don't think straight talk is as acceptable as say boost. Plus it is a huge pita... I tried flashing a sprint phone to page plus and it never really worked out very well. It would be much easier to go gsm. Then you can switch prepaid carriers all you want.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Feedback Score
    phones flashed to straight talk will not last very long. straight talk can tell if your phone is legit.

Feedback Score
    Hi all, Thanks a lot for the replies.
    But, I have a small problem.
    I have the Verizon Unlimited Data Plan. and that line is activated on this XT912.

That is used in a MiFi and this Motorola XT912. If Verizon calls and asks anytime about the Phone registered on the account, I should have it and that is the reason, I cannot sell this XT912.

But I want a phone with unlimited International calling as well.
    So I'm at a crossroads now.

completely lost, how to proceed further.

Any one who is using their phones flashed to Straight Talk, if they can provide me with some more information about the possibility of flashing, then it will be great.

Yes, logically it makes sense, since Sprint, Virgin, clearwire and Boost are one, they might not have any issues with the swapping and cloning of ESN's.
    Since Straight Talk leases Airtime from Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, I think they are more strict on this flashing thing I guess.

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newtoatt View Post
    Hi all, Thanks a lot for the replies.
    But, I have a small problem.
    I have the Verizon Unlimited Data Plan. and that line is activated on this XT912.

That is used in a MiFi and this Motorola XT912. If Verizon calls and asks anytime about the Phone registered on the account, I should have it and that is the reason, I cannot sell this XT912.

But I want a phone with unlimited International calling as well.
    So I'm at a crossroads now.

completely lost, how to proceed further.

Any one who is using their phones flashed to Straight Talk, if they can provide me with some more information about the possibility of flashing, then it will be great.

Yes, logically it makes sense, since Sprint, Virgin, clearwire and Boost are one, they might not have any issues with the swapping and cloning of ESN's.
    Since Straight Talk leases Airtime from Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, I think they are more strict on this flashing thing I guess.
    Flashing is a pain, period, especially with Straight Talk. Not only that but cloning ESNs (which you would have to do for Straight Talk) is really not even legal.

Verizon doesn't care what you do with the phone, but you do have to keep service active on your line to maintain your unlimited data. Have you looked at the Google Voice rates for international calling? It is not unlimited, but it is pretty cheap and unless you talk a ton it would probably be cheaper to just use Google Voice then to maintain a completely separate line with another provider just for international calling.

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912 flashed to Straigh Talk

You can always do an assumption of liability to get rid of the contract. There are plenty of people on here that will take a line off your hands that still has Verizon unlimited data. It's easy to do too.
    nex·us [nek-suhs]
    noun, plural nex·us·es, nex·us.

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    You can always do an assumption of liability to get rid of the contract. There are plenty of people on here that will take a line off your hands that still has Verizon unlimited data. It's easy to do too.

As the title of the thread says, I'm more interested in the flashing of the phone.
    Appreciate Your valuable suggestion.

But can we come back to the title of the thread.

Thank You.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    We are not permitted to discuss the how to of ESN/MEID cloning. We can only discuss the concept.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912 flashed to Straigh Talk

As the title of the thread says, I'm more interested in the flashing of the phone.
    Appreciate Your valuable suggestion.

But can we come back to the title of the thread.

Thank You.
    We're only trying to help you. Besides, as efparri said, we're really not supposed to discuss that because it's not strictly legal nor allowed on Straight Talk.

There have been several threads started about this that generally end in the same result, a useless phone after Straight Talk discovers it lacks the air tank software.

If you have to have Verizon, you should go with Page Plus.

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    If you really must do it then check Craigslist for your city under cell phones and you will find no shortage of cell phone shops willing to do the flash for you cheap. Just don't be suprised if your phone ends up bricked.

If you want Verizion with Straight Talk they offer several options including the iPhone so there really is no reason anymore to be cloning ESNs just to be on ST.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    Cricket
    AirVoice (son's)
    Feedback Score
    ST will not accept any CDMA phone they do not sell. It has been mentioned many many times before.

Feedback Score
    Yeah. I know barking dog never bites.
    Thought this might be useful place.

Its crap.

Thats why xda-developers is the leader.

Thank You. Howard forums and it so called great HELPING people here.

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Yeah. I know barking dog never bites.
    Thought this might be useful place.

Its crap.

Thats why xda-developers is the leader.

Thank You. Howard forums and it so called great HELPING people here.

I'm over at XDA too. But if XDA tells you that you can flash a Verizon CDMA phone to Straight Talk, and keep it working, they are lying to you. Having it work for a few days, a couple of weeks is an experiment, not a real solution.

We ARE trying to help you.

Here, go read this:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-Straight-Talk
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score

Verizon Motorola Droid Razr XT912 flashed to Straigh Talk

The process for flashing would be the same as when you did it for boost mobile. If you really want to do it go ahead but you most likely will get booted.

And wouldn't cloning the esn mess up your service with verizon?

You don't have to spend a bunch of money on a phone. You can get a $10-$15 go phone, tmobile or any cheap gsm dumb phone just to use for international calling. That's all you need the extra line for right? It doesn't really make sense to go through all he trouble. You can buy a smart phone if you wanted one as well.

Again if you want to do it anyway the process is basically the same on all CDMA phones when working with CDMA workshop etc.