Thread: Outgoing caller ID name

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Outgoing caller ID name

Only recently I found out that my Virgin Mobile phone's outgoing caller ID shows my name with the number. Prior, it showed unknown name or wireless caller. Was this part of the system update? I had it changed back to Wireless Caller but I was curious if anyone else noticed the same. The only reason I found out was because I called my T-Mobile phone from my VM phone, and my T-Mo phone has "name ID" so it showed my name too.

I have my T-Mobile phone set to wireless caller as well, but more so I wanted my VM number to not have my name because I use it to return CL calls.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 6 64GB, Galaxy Note 3, Lumia 635: 5 lines, 3x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4S & LG Ultimate 2: TracFone (Verizon)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE ($10/mo for 5GB with hotspot)

Phones
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 5
    Carrier
    Ringplus
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.5.32193/28.3950; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

you can change the account name to whatever name you want at virgin mobile dot com.if you want caller id to say wireless caller, change the first name to wireless and the last name to caller.i change it all the time to funny names so my friends get a laugh.funny names from The Simpsons

Feedback Score
    Noticed it too. Used to always say Wireless Caller. It started saying my name around Feb 8th.

Phones
    LG Optimus V VM670
    ZTE Awe N800
    LG Optimus V VM670
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! That's awesome to know.

Quote Originally Posted by prepaidmasterz View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.5.32193/28.3950; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

you can change the account name to whatever name you want at virgin mobile dot com.if you want caller id to say wireless caller, change the first name to wireless and the last name to caller.i change it all the time to funny names so my friends get a laugh.funny names from The Simpsons

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I didn't even know...are you saying log in, goto settings and preferences and change the contact info ? I recently tried calling and it just displayed my number on the other phone.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Mine still shows as "Cell Phone MN." I wonder if this is a difference between pre- and post-system update accounts? Or if only some phone service providers receive caller ID information from Virgin Mobile?

Feedback Score
    Now I noticed my voicemail also says this is the sprint mailbox of (insert cell phone). Used to say this is the voicemail box of (insert cell phone).