Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Sim Card Rejected

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    Post Sim Card Rejected

    I have a Tracfone that I had bought a while back, just a cheap one. Samsung Model: SGH-S125g (gp). I Come into another phn that is also on the Tracfone network. This phone an LG model is LG 500 GHL. The problem is that when I put my SIM card in the LG phn from my Samsung phn it tells me SIM card Rejected, and vise versa. When I put the orignal sim cards in there corasponding phones everything works like it should. My issue is I don't know how to get past the SIM card Rejected crap. Is there someone that can help with this? I have reset the LG Back to factory settings and it still tells me SIM card Rejected. HELP!!!!!
    Last edited by LGPHN; 02-24-2013 at 01:16 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    Question Sim Card Rejected

    I have a couple of Tracfones, I have Samsung model SGH-S125G and and LG model LG500GHL. I want to put my SIM card from my Samsung into my LG. When I do this I tells me SIM card Rejected. When I put the SIM card back in my Samsung it works this fine. HELP!!!! I realy like this LG phone it has alot mor features than my Samsung. I thought since it was the same network it would work, but obviously not. Is there something I can do to fix this?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    152
    Carriers
    T-Mobile prepaid
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Sim Card Rejected

    I believe you will need to contact customer service and get a new sim card, to begin our port over your service. The sim cards are locked to the device and won't let you swap.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using HowardForums

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,998
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LGPHN View Post
    I have a couple of Tracfones, I have Samsung model SGH-S125G and and LG model LG500GHL. I want to put my SIM card from my Samsung into my LG. When I do this I tells me SIM card Rejected. When I put the SIM card back in my Samsung it works this fine. HELP!!!! I realy like this LG phone it has alot mor features than my Samsung. I thought since it was the same network it would work, but obviously not. Is there something I can do to fix this?
    the sim in a tracfone is locked and cannot be used in any other phone. you would need to call tracfone
    and tell them you would like to transfer from one phone to the other. they will need to send you a new sim.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    4,767
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Only the BYOD SIM cards are unlocked and can be moved from phone to phone. These SIM`s require the 30 day unlimited airtime plan.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    What is the BYOD Sim cards? I have received a new SIM CARD - 64K - CINGULAR is it BYOD ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    90
    Feedback Score
    0
    Looks like we have a Tracfone newbie on our hands. Tracfone locks SIM cards to the phones they came bundled with and cannot be used on other phones. In other words, they aren't like AT&T and T-Mobile which allow you to swap SIM cards amongst devices under the same carrier branding.

    The only way out of this is if you get a Tracfone BYOD SIM card kit.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,182
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Only the BYOD SIM cards are unlocked and can be moved from phone to phone. These SIM`s require the 30 day unlimited airtime plan.
    Tracfone doesn't have a 30 day unlimited plan. So you are talking about Net10? OP is talking about Tracfone.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    90
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Tracfone doesn't have a 30 day unlimited plan. So you are talking about Net10? OP is talking about Tracfone.
    Probably. Which also leads to me pointing out that there technically aren't any Tracfone "BYOD" SIM card kits.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,182
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendonly View Post
    Probably. Which also leads to me pointing out that there technically aren't any Tracfone "BYOD" SIM card kits.
    I think not probably, I think definitely. And it is true that there are no Tracfone BYOD sim kits. They are for Net10 only.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    90
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is there a way to finagle a Net10/Straight Talk BYOD kit to act like a Tracfone SIM card?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,896
    Feedback Score
    0
    The only way to get the Tracfone minute system is by using a Tracfone handset. That's where the programming is. The sim doesn't make it happen.

Similar Threads

  1. Sim Card Rejected
    By Justin5117 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 08:58 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 09:58 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 06:38 PM
  4. "Sim card rejected"
    By 55888891 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 10:13 PM
  5. Nokia 3595- Sim Card Rejected?
    By n1cecl0wn in forum Nokia FAQ
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2003, 08:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks