Thread: Sim Card Rejected

Feedback Score

Post Sim Card Rejected

I have a Tracfone that I had bought a while back, just a cheap one. Samsung Model: SGH-S125g (gp). I Come into another phn that is also on the Tracfone network. This phone an LG model is LG 500 GHL. The problem is that when I put my SIM card in the LG phn from my Samsung phn it tells me SIM card Rejected, and vise versa. When I put the orignal sim cards in there corasponding phones everything works like it should. My issue is I don't know how to get past the SIM card Rejected crap. Is there someone that can help with this? I have reset the LG Back to factory settings and it still tells me SIM card Rejected. HELP!!!!!
    Last edited by LGPHN; 02-24-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Feedback Score

Question Sim Card Rejected

I have a couple of Tracfones, I have Samsung model SGH-S125G and and LG model LG500GHL. I want to put my SIM card from my Samsung into my LG. When I do this I tells me SIM card Rejected. When I put the SIM card back in my Samsung it works this fine. HELP!!!! I realy like this LG phone it has alot mor features than my Samsung. I thought since it was the same network it would work, but obviously not. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Carriers
    T-Mobile prepaid
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Re: Sim Card Rejected

I believe you will need to contact customer service and get a new sim card, to begin our port over your service. The sim cards are locked to the device and won't let you swap.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LGPHN View Post
    I have a couple of Tracfones, I have Samsung model SGH-S125G and and LG model LG500GHL. I want to put my SIM card from my Samsung into my LG. When I do this I tells me SIM card Rejected. When I put the SIM card back in my Samsung it works this fine. HELP!!!! I realy like this LG phone it has alot mor features than my Samsung. I thought since it was the same network it would work, but obviously not. Is there something I can do to fix this?
    the sim in a tracfone is locked and cannot be used in any other phone. you would need to call tracfone
    and tell them you would like to transfer from one phone to the other. they will need to send you a new sim.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Only the BYOD SIM cards are unlocked and can be moved from phone to phone. These SIM`s require the 30 day unlimited airtime plan.

Feedback Score
    What is the BYOD Sim cards? I have received a new SIM CARD - 64K - CINGULAR is it BYOD ?

Feedback Score
    Looks like we have a Tracfone newbie on our hands. Tracfone locks SIM cards to the phones they came bundled with and cannot be used on other phones. In other words, they aren't like AT&T and T-Mobile which allow you to swap SIM cards amongst devices under the same carrier branding.

The only way out of this is if you get a Tracfone BYOD SIM card kit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Only the BYOD SIM cards are unlocked and can be moved from phone to phone. These SIM`s require the 30 day unlimited airtime plan.
    Tracfone doesn't have a 30 day unlimited plan. So you are talking about Net10? OP is talking about Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Tracfone doesn't have a 30 day unlimited plan. So you are talking about Net10? OP is talking about Tracfone.
    Probably. Which also leads to me pointing out that there technically aren't any Tracfone "BYOD" SIM card kits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendonly View Post
    Probably. Which also leads to me pointing out that there technically aren't any Tracfone "BYOD" SIM card kits.
    I think not probably, I think definitely. And it is true that there are no Tracfone BYOD sim kits. They are for Net10 only.

Feedback Score
    Is there a way to finagle a Net10/Straight Talk BYOD kit to act like a Tracfone SIM card?

Feedback Score
    The only way to get the Tracfone minute system is by using a Tracfone handset. That's where the programming is. The sim doesn't make it happen.