Thread: iPhone 4 with Straight Talk NETWORK ERROR?

Carrier
    straight talk/at&t
    Feedback Score

iPhone 4 with Straight Talk NETWORK ERROR?

I just currently this month joined the bring your own phone program with Straight Talk. I have the iPhone 4 with the straight talk sim card unlimited plan. APN settings were changed to work with straight talk. Everythings been working fine until yesterday, when I was unable to access data/go online. I receive a NETWORK ERROR pop up and a "Could not activate cellular data network" warning. I've only used 856MB of data. I read in another forum to try switching to airplane mode and then back...didn't work. I also tried turning off Cellular Data and then turning it back on and that didn't work. Any idea what this could be or what I should do? Please help!!!

Feedback Score

When did u join st? Thats a lot of data for a short time under st's hidden guidelines

Phones
    Apple
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5C
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Have you tried redoing the APN settings.

Phone
    iPhone 5, Atrix HD
    Carriers
    Net10 BYOP
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My data gets flaky every now and then, usually restarting by holding home + power until you see the Apple logo fixes it for me for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    definitely sounds like you went over the 100mb per day rule and got flagged by ST. U might have to call ST CSR. Have fun w that!!

Phone
    iPhone 4 GSM Unlocked/JB
    Carriers
    Straight Talk/AT&T (USA)
    O2/GiffGaff (UK)
    Feedback Score
    If you have an account on straighttalk.com, see if you can log in. I believe I've read on these forums that if your account is flagged for excessive data usage then you cannot login.

Also, try rebooting your phone. This happened to me yesterday (Day 28 with Micro SIM in iPhone 4). I checked my data usage and I had only used 1.4 GB. I also have an app to alert me if I went over 100 MB/day (I didn't). Airplane mode didn't work for me either. I turned off the iPhone, kept it off for about 5 minutes, then turned it back on. Voila, everything works.

Also FYI: My dad has AT&T postpaid and sometimes he experiences this with his iPhone as well. Might just be the towers in my area, though.

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yolandajo_803 View Post
    I just currently this month joined the bring your own phone program with Straight Talk. I have the iPhone 4 with the straight talk sim card unlimited plan. APN settings were changed to work with straight talk. Everythings been working fine until yesterday, when I was unable to access data/go online. I receive a NETWORK ERROR pop up and a "Could not activate cellular data network" warning. I've only used 856MB of data. I read in another forum to try switching to airplane mode and then back...didn't work. I also tried turning off Cellular Data and then turning it back on and that didn't work. Any idea what this could be or what I should do? Please help!!!
    We had a similar pop-up (this device is not subscribed to a cellular network) on both our iphones in December. Data was under 100MB on each phone--total. I put in Facebook support tickets and they responded with a bunch of "reset phone, etc"). I did reset the wireless settings and that, with whatever they did on their end, worked.
    I don't think you're being throttled, but you can call 8666676472 and tell them you can't access data, or just submit a FB ticket.
    Mustafu's and Sharkeytoes's suggestion should always be the first troubleshooter. Resetting networks, second, seeking ST support third.