Thread: HTC One S Unlock question

Device(s)
    Motorola W385, Nokia 6610
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, AIS
    Feedback Score

HTC One S Unlock question

My HTC One S was suck in 2G mode for many months, so I bought a new Nexus 4 and sent the HTC One S back to HTC for service. HTC One S is fixed now and I wanted to unlock it for International Travel. I brought it to a T-Mobile Office and they called and requested the unlock code. I got an email from T-Mobile saying this phone was not in use and they could not unlock it. If I put my sim card in the One S for 3 days will they unlock it, or do I have to use it for 60 days? I am a pre-pay customer for about a year now.

I have already tried 2 different unlock services and they could not find the IMEI number in the database.

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score

Re: HTC One S Unlock question

If you're rooted and adventurous:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1693491

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Device(s)
    Motorola W385, Nokia 6610
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, AIS
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, How do I know if this is the S4 version?, and if I root the phone, what happens when the JB update comes? (if it ever does).

Would it be better to let T-Mobile unlock it? Something tells me they are not going to unlock it if I use it for 3 days.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score

Re: HTC One S Unlock question

Quote Originally Posted by mitebbots View Post
    Thanks, How do I know if this is the S4 version?, and if I root the phone, what happens when the JB update comes? (if it ever does).

Would it be better to let T-Mobile unlock it? Something tells me they are not going to unlock it if I use it for 3 days.
    Apparently all North American One S units are the S4 variety. AFAIK if you use this method to get a free unlock, it's permanent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    When will Tmobile made the jellybean update available on this phone?