Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sensorly Maps: Sprint LTE Coverage

Feedback Score
    NJ looks like there is hardly any LTE support. But meh I don't get 4G from VM so I probably won't get LTE with them either.

Wakka Wakka PAC ROM

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone used this app? I literally have a hole in the map in my immediate area including my street and the surrounding streets so I downloaded it, set it to passive, clicked "map trip" and took a couple walks around the block and 24 hrs later still nothing? The web site says at least once a day, any idea how long it actually takes to show up?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    Has anyone used this app? I literally have a hole in the map in my immediate area including my street and the surrounding streets so I downloaded it, set it to passive, clicked "map trip" and took a couple walks around the block and 24 hrs later still nothing? The web site says at least once a day, any idea how long it actually takes to show up?
    Menu - Details - messages to send

"messages to send" is the data, once it shows 0 or near 0 then it usually appears for me within 24hrs.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    Menu - Details - messages to send

"messages to send" is the data, once it shows 0 or near 0 then it usually appears for me within 24hrs.
    Shows 6 messages to send and says I have collected 441 measurements in past 1 day. Do you have to have data enabled or will it send over Wifi? Sitting here the messages now read 9, so I assume it is constantly submitting information.
    I will keep an eye on the map, thanks. Speed test for 3g data is pathetic!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    Shows 6 messages to send and says I have collected 441 measurements in past 1 day. Do you have to have data enabled or will it send over Wifi? Sitting here the messages now read 9, so I assume it is constantly submitting information.
    I will keep an eye on the map, thanks. Speed test for 3g data is pathetic!
    6 is close enough, you do not have to send via WiFi. Sometimes it takes longer regardless, this is due to their servers so it will automatically stop. If you hit "Force Send" it may or may not send it. Yesterday it sent 7,000 messages in just over half an hour.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Also, closest zoom level shows up first.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    Also, closest zoom level shows up first.
    Well it finally did update and fill in the area I walked, so I assuming that was the info I provided, pretty interesting to say the least.
    Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Interesting, the map shows LTE a couple blocks over, but when I go over to that area there is no LTE that my phone can pick up? If 3G signal is stronger will it supersede LTE? On my Victory there is no way to specifically set it to 4G LTE, all I have is a setting for either CDMA or LTE/CDMA.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    when is philly, nyc, nj coast getting lte?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Does LTE=network vision ?

The s4gru website says our area will get LTE in March 2014. Will they upgrade the 3g equipments too ?

Device(s)
    Nexus⁴, Idol 3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo monthly4g, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugatti Veyron View Post
    Does LTE=network vision ?

The s4gru website says our area will get LTE in March 2014. Will they upgrade the 3g equipments too ?
    http://network.sprint.com/
    Will tell you upgrades in your area.

In my area it says 38 upgrades in the last 6 months, including 19 speed updates, and have maybe seen a 100kbps increase in speeds "sometimes". So I don't know, maybe they are so behind that they are just keeping up.
    LG Nexus⁴ -- OmniRom lollipop 5.1.1 -- LTE enabled
    Alcatel Idol 3 ------- Stock lollipop -- 5.0.2
    Acer A100 -- GodDroid CM10 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    Old: Moto G, F3, Blaze 4g, SIII, OV, MT, Rise, Elite

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    So, getting LTE does not mean the 3g speeds will improve ?

The website says 106 total upgrades and lots of data speed upgrades in towers close-by. However, I have not seen any difference.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugatti Veyron View Post
    So, getting LTE does not mean the 3g speeds will improve ?

The website says 106 total upgrades and lots of data speed upgrades in towers close-by. However, I have not seen any difference.
    My understanding was that work would be done to improve 3G when adding LTE. Whether you see those improvements may at least partially depend on tower loads in your area.

LTE is officially live in my little town now; however, I don't pick it up in my house (probably due to its sheltered location). What I am getting is completely usable 3G at my house for the first time since I've had a smartphone with VM. I used to see less than 100 kbps almost all the time; now speeds are consistently around 1000 - a tenfold improvement. Not killer speeds, but at least I don't need to stay tied to wifi.

YMMV of course, but I think my experience is a good example of the way Network Vision is *supposed* to be working. I still have other issues with VM's service, but it's nice to see them getting something right!

Sent with the HoFo App
    Last edited by aml1025; 06-25-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can only speak regarding the Las Vegas area and the VM Galaxy S3. The areas on the map that are light green and indicate one bar are pretty much useless. The phone alternates between 3G/4G and when you try to access data/web the phone usually needs to have airplane mode turned on and off before deciding to use 3G.

I had to shut off 4G access on the phone today to see if that makes using this phone less of a nightmare.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'd start by reading the first post of this thread.

There are sticky threads, even one on this (Network Vision). Also, very soon some here will be asking where Sprint's new 800MHz voice and LTE is available and which phones are capable of connecting to it. This is assuming those who know what that means.

Sprint LTE service on:

800MHz

1900MHz

2500MHz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast