Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sensorly Maps: Sprint LTE Coverage

Device(s)
    LG G Stylo
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I heard Sprint announced three Tri-band LTE mobile hotspot devices to be released soon this summer, even before the new bands go live later this summer. This article, which I can't find for some reason, also stated no tri-band LTE phones have yet to be announced. However we know they will come sooner than later.

I have the Victory and it has an 800MHz CDMA radio, but only a 1900Mhz LTE radio. So unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of the prefered 800MHz LTE signal, the signal that can reach further distances and penetrate deeper into buildings. Hopefully I can take advantage of the upcoming voice network. If Sprint includes EVDO into the broadcast I will still be happy.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HallOfPromise View Post
    I heard Sprint announced three Tri-band LTE mobile hotspot devices to be released soon this summer, even before the new bands go live later this summer. This article, which I can't find for some reason, also stated no tri-band LTE phones have yet to be announced. However we know they will come sooner than later.

I have the Victory and it has an 800MHz CDMA radio, but only a 1900Mhz LTE radio. So unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of the prefered 800MHz LTE signal, the signal that can reach further distances and penetrate deeper into buildings. Hopefully I can take advantage of the upcoming voice network. If Sprint includes EVDO into the broadcast I will still be happy.
    VoLTE vs 1x Advanced

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/22...s-1x-advanced/

The Samsung Galaxy Victory is 800MHz (CDMA) capable. This means it's able to connect to Sprint's new 1x-Advanced (CDMA) voice on 800MHz. Chicago metro area I believe has the largest 1x Advanced (voice) deployment on 800MHz. Since there is limited spectrum on their 800MHz (SMR), they are deploying Voice and LTE (no 3G).

Keep in mind that on CDMA phones "Bars" represent 1xRTT not "3G" or "4G" signal strength!!

Two apps that are very useful to see which service you are connecting to, and also to map it are;

Signal Check Pro
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nalcheck&hl=en

Sensorly
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...52aWV3ZXIiXQ..

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HallOfPromise View Post

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-rele...erformance.htm

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...to-take-Shape!

Quote Originally Posted by S4GRU
    I don't know if you fully grasp the scope of Network Vision. Network Vision is not just slapping LTE panels on a tower and walking away. Network Vision is a complete replacement of the Sprint network.

At each site, every piece of equipment, every cable, every cabinet, is all replaced and completely reconfigured. Also, Sprint is deploying it over every single site in its Network. Every one.

Robert
    Last edited by 503ducati; 06-27-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Just looked on the The Network Enhancement Map for my area and it looks as if Sprint removed a tower from operation just 1 mile northeast of me and several others it also appears. This tower was shown with upgrades as of last Week and now it is gone? I wish I would have taken a screen shot last week, but who would have thought they will be removing towers? Two towers in the whole city, which leaves a gaping hole in my vicinity!
    It also seems the range of 4G LTE is crap. I found what appear to be the now only near by Sprint tower location 2 miles away from my home and I get Nothing! Driving to a location only 1.3 miles away from the tower I lose 4G LTE.

If this is the way it is going to be, it a deal breaker with me and Sprint Network!
    Last edited by pfoneguy; 07-10-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    Just looked on the The Network Enhancement Map for my area and it looks as if Sprint removed a tower from operation just 1 mile northeast of me and several others it also appears. This tower was shown with upgrades as of last Week and now it is gone? I wish I would have taken a screen shot last week, but who would have thought they will be removing towers? Two towers in the whole city, which leaves a gaping hole in my vicinity!
    It also seems the range of 4G LTE is crap. I found what appear to be the now only near by Sprint tower location 2 miles away from my home and I get Nothing! Driving to a location only 1.3 miles away from the tower I lose 4G LTE.

If this is the way it is going to be, it a deal breaker with me and Sprint Network!
    a) This is an example as to why carriers do not like to disclose where LTE is currently live..... UNTIL IT IS NEARLY COMPLETED.

b) The average general public Joe Shmoe does not know how to interpret otherwise(see above).

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    a) This is an example as to why carriers do not like to disclose where LTE is currently live..... UNTIL IT IS NEARLY COMPLETED.

b) The average general public Joe Shmoe does not know how to interpret otherwise(see above).
    Calling names Mr Mod?
    This has less to do with LTE that it does with their over all service in my area since the beginning of last month, which seems to coincide with the tower disappearing! So please explain why the tower(s) are missing when the one tower I know for a fact has been "enhanced never disappeared when it was under construction. The one tower is done and 3G is crap not 1/4 mile away and you tell me that LTE won't travel more than 1.3 miles? Who is the real shmoe, me or the one apologizing for Sprint's garbage Service?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I am told that "The location of the closest tower to your home address is 2,922 SW and 8,593 NW". Not only can the 4G LTE this tower produces not reach my residence, it can barley make it half way! What kind of garbage hardware are they installing? REAL VISION!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I am told that "The location of the closest tower to your home address is 2,922 SW and 8,593 NW". Not only can the 4G LTE this tower produces not reach my residence, it can barley make it half way! What kind of garbage hardware are they installing? REAL VISION!
    Since you're on prepaid vs postpaid. It's contract free, this is the selling point often referenced because there's no ETF.

You should mover to another carrier for cellular bliss, right?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Calling names Mr Mod?
    This has less to do with LTE that it does with their over all service in my area since the beginning of last month, which seems to coincide with the tower disappearing! So please explain why the tower(s) are missing when the one tower I know for a fact has been "enhanced never disappeared when it was under construction. The one tower is done and 3G is crap not 1/4 mile away and you tell me that LTE won't travel more than 1.3 miles? Who is the real shmoe, me or the one apologizing for Sprint's garbage Service?
    Who said?? what tower is done??? http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/39-markets/

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    What, no apologies for the crap Sprint is selling as 4G LTE?

Pretty easy for you to say to just move a long when I have invested a fair amount of $$$$ in Sprint hardware because I bought into the BS of "Sprint Network Vision" garbage they call enhancement. Of course I am searching for alternatives, but my options are now somewhat limited due to that investment, you wanna set me up with Verizon or ATT hardware so I can move on?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    What, no apologies for the crap Sprint is selling as 4G LTE?

Pretty easy for you to say to just move a long when I have invested a fair amount of $$$$ in Sprint hardware because I bought into the BS of "Sprint Network Vision" garbage they call enhancement. Of course I am searching for alternatives, but my options are now somewhat limited due to that investment, you wanna set me up with Verizon or ATT hardware so I can move on?
    The reason for prepaid is no ETF remember?

'Network Vision'

Bend, Oregon

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The topic is much more involved.... much more complicated than you understand, this is why that entire website was started you see.

http://s4gru.com/

..you can chose to understand the material there or not.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    The bottom line 'NV' is not completed in your area, you can chose to keep you carrier or move on. Since you're on prepaid vs 'evil postpaid' this should be a breeze.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati View Post
    The reason for prepaid is no ETF remember?

'Network Vision'

Bend, Oregon
    I don't remember them handing out free Sprint phones to use on their MVNO's.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I don't remember them handing out free Sprint phones to use on their MVNO's.
    Neither do I....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast