Thread: Unactivated T Mobile phone switch to NET10

Feedback Score

Unactivated T Mobile phone switch to NET10

Is is possible to switch my unactivated T-Mobile phone to Net10? I currently have a Net10 phone (not a smartphone) and was going to switch to a T Mobile prepaid smartphone. In the few days that it took for the phone to arrive, I did a bit more research and I think I want to stay with Net10 but use my new, unactivated T Mobile phone. Can I do that without activating it first on the T Mobile network? Thanks for the help!

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score

Unactivated T Mobile phone switch to NET10

You need to get a tmobile net 10 sim byop (bring your own phone) SIM card. Then put it in the phone and call net 10 to transfer to it. You can order the SIM card from there website or for way cheaper on amazon or eBay.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip on getting the SIM on Amazon or Ebay. Do you know if I have to activate both phones at the same time if I want to do the Net10 Family plan? Thanks for your help!

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriela411 View Post
    1. Is is possible to switch my unactivated T-Mobile phone to
    ... I currently have a Net10 phone (not a smartphone) and was going to switch to a T Mobile prepaid smartphone. In the few days that it took for the phone to arrive, I did a bit more research and I think
    2. I want to stay with Net10 but use my new, unactivated T Mobile phone.
    3. Can I do that without activating it first on the T Mobile network?
    Okeh...

1. Yes
    2. Good
    3. Yes

The non-obvious point, made above, is that you need a NET10 byod SIM. You can activate on T-Mobile or not as you please. Your T-Mobile SIM becomes waste.
    Regards, FJ

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip on getting the SIM on Amazon or Ebay. Do you know if I have to activate both phones at the same time if I want to do the Net10 Family plan? Thanks for your help!
    GSM telephones are not activated. You activate the SIM card. That SIM card can then be used in any telephone which will accept it. You can add an additional line to your account at any time to get the discount. If you are the only user, why have two lines? That will still be $40 additional you will have to pay.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    GSM telephones are not activated. You activate the SIM card. That SIM card can then be used in any telephone which will accept it. You can add an additional line to your account at any time to get the discount. If you are the only user, why have two lines? That will still be $40 additional you will have to pay.
    OK So you don't have to activate the second line right away.You can activate latter and still get the discount.Good deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Good to know, thanks. I am thinking of switching my husband's T Mobile phone over to Net10 as well, which is why I was wondering about the family plan. He has an Samsung Exhibit with the T Mobile prepaid unlimited plan. Do you think he will notice a difference in service if we switch to the Net10 BYOP plan? He is a heavy user and likes his 4G.

Feedback Score
    So I got a Net10 BYOD SIM on Amazon and tried to activate my T Mobile phone with it. The phone is asking for a code. Does the phone have to be unlocked? I accidentally got a AT&T SIM (I think). If I have a T-Mobile SIM, will the phone have to be unlocked? Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it. I really want to stay with Net10.

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So I got a Net10 BYOD SIM on Amazon and tried to activate my T Mobile phone with it. The phone is asking for a code. Does the phone have to be unlocked? I accidentally got a AT&T SIM (I think). If I have a T-Mobile SIM, will the phone have to be unlocked? Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it. I really want to stay with Net10.
    If you have an AT&T sim, yes the phone will need to be unlocked for it to work. I'm not sure what phone you have, but sometimes you can buy the unlock code cheaply on eBay.

Alternatively, you can get a T-Mobile NET10 sim card. No unlock needed with that.
    Past providers: Page Plus, AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Straight Talk
    Past phones: Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    If you have an AT&T sim, yes the phone will need to be unlocked for it to work. I'm not sure what phone you have, but sometimes you can buy the unlock code cheaply on eBay.

Alternatively, you can get a T-Mobile NET10 sim card. No unlock needed with that.
    Awesome, thanks so much. That is what I thought. I accidentally bought a AT&T SIM so it asked for an unlock code.
    If I get an unlock code for the phone, it would still work with TMobile, right?

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Awesome, thanks so much. That is what I thought. I accidentally bought a AT&T SIM so it asked for an unlock code.
    If I get an unlock code for the phone, it would still work with TMobile, right?
    Yes it will work for either.