Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Review of GoSmart Mobile.

Feedback Score

My Review of GoSmart Mobile.

I just recently switched over to GoSmart and I thought I would provide a review of it. I'm currently on their $35 plan and may switch to their $45 plan next month. However, I'm finding GoSmart to be a pleasent experience so far. I did port a number over to them and it was ported in a few hours time. Maybe I was lucky or maybe they are working out the hiccups that others have reported about Porting numbers over to them. The Coverage and Signal seems to be about on par with my Tmobile prepay sim (no roaming with GoSmart though). The cons are no online account mangement or activation. However, they do provide some automated solutions for checking usage of Minutes, Texts, and Data. Also you can refill online or via their automated phone system. They should provide a online/automated way of switching plans, but they don't (at least not yet). Also I wish the speeds were faster on the $35 plan, but it does serve my purpose, I can do GPS mapping and stream Pandora (amazing enough!). I do hope in time they will provide online account management and increase the speeds on both of their plans (even by a little bit would do wonders).

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I currently have GoSmart Mobile and i am totally in love. My initial phone call to them to activate the SIM and give them all the necessary information didn't even take 5 minutes, so the port was already working by the time i hung up. Voice, text AND web ALL worked within a few minutes of being on the phone with them. Since i joined i haven't had 1 single issue with them. However i have had issues with unlocked phones. Which are phone specific, NOT service related. So GoSmart can't be faulted for that. I have an Unlocked Alcatel 665, a Nokia Nuron 5230 (t-mo locked) and an Unlocked Motorola V3 (v3r or i as it has Russian letters on the keypad). The only thing i've found...odd...is even though you pay by the month, which i've had other monthly prepaids before, usually you have to reload/refill/top-up your account on the same date every month. Not with GoSmart. It's every 30 days, which i found out in February when i refilled on the 9th, and my new date was the 11th. Go figure. But that's my ONLY gripe about the service. I'm definitely sticking with them!

Feedback Score
    Finely received my sim today nearly two weeks and today there it was a 4 inch by 10 inch box on my front porch and opening the box under three shipping pillows
    There it was my sim kit in a package about half the size of ah envelope.
    Haven’t tried out service yet but the method of shipping a tiny sim is rather
    Convoluted.

Phones
    SE K750i
    SE t610
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to get on this gosmart plan. Question on SIM card: On the website the sim card sells for $8 + $4 shipping fee. Will it be cheaper to get the SIM card from a local dealer? There a good number of dealers here that apparently sell them. The kind of dealers that also cash payroll checks and offer western union $ transfers, lol. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    does gosmart allows short codes?

ANYTHING WITH A SIM

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking of trying GoSmart out.

I picked up a used SGH-T889 T-Mobile Note 2 with the plan of switching my Virgin Mobile number over to StraightTalk. 2 weeks later, still no service.

So, can anyone tell me how fast the 3G is on the $45 plan? Is it HSPA+ 42?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Reviewing the GoSmart website - it appears that the 35.00 plan is 2g, and the 45.00 plan is 3g (up to 5gig) then 2g. No 4g mentioned.

Feedback Score
    no 4g. plus it is limited to a little under 1mb/sec for downloads.

Feedback Score
    in the 95818 i get a ping of 49ms, download 908kbps, upload 900 at 806am

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tdurden71 View Post
    in the 95818 i get a ping of 49ms, download 908kbps, upload 900 at 806am
    Is this ping and data speed on the $35 or the $45 plan?

Sent from my VM670 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    the $45 plan

Phone
    HTC_816_Phablet, Lumia_520
    Carrier
    Virgin_Mobile, Cricket, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Will GoSmart mobile be offered at MetroPCS stores now that T-mobile has completed their buy of MetroPCS?
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    Will GoSmart mobile be offered at MetroPCS stores now that T-mobile has completed their buy of MetroPCS?
    No GoSmart Mobile will not be offered at metroPCS locations. Even Though Tmobile/GoSmart/MetroPCS are all under the same umbrella they are still technically competition. GoSmart Mobile will have Exclusive Store Locations coming very soon. Go smart is here for those who want tmobile but may not want to spend 50/60/70 dollars a month or for those who dont want metropcs with 40/50/60 dollars a month. With 45 dollars a month and 5GB of high speed data l feel its a great option. It is on there 4G HSPA+ network but at a throttled speed...NOT slow but not SUPER fast...It gets the job done...I have used a samsung S3, LG L9 and iphone5 on go smart and web browsing was just fine and very consistent. mbit/mbps in number may be high with monthly 4G and LTE but in real life web browsing its awesome for the price. Compared to MetroPCS LTE it doesnt look slower while im browsing the web.

Feedback Score
    I'd say with the demise of Tel Cel America's own $45 plan, it's the best Tmobile based Straight Talk competitor out there. 5Gigs solid 3g and unlimited 2g is enough for a lot of people and in a refarmed Tmobile area, even can hold its own against Att version of Straight Talk.

Feedback Score
    Does GoSmart charge taxes/fees for the refill or is it $35 or $45 straight for 30 days of service?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast