Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best AT&T MVNO?

Carrier
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Best AT&T MVNO?

Just wondering who is the best AT&T MVNO? I am currently using h2o $25 dollar plan and would like some data without paying a lot more. (not too much is needed). I am usually around wifi but when I am not it sucks. Straight talk and net10 stopped AT&T sims where I live so that is a no go. My current phone is nokia 700.

Phone
    Nokai Lumia 920
    Carrier
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score

RE: Best AT&T MVNO?

I been on good2go mobile which is an AT&T mvno for about a month now. What appeals to me initially the 300 international minutes (call direct) for the two countries that I have relatives at. It worked but for some reason it stopped on me and I have to call on Monday about it. Another thing that appeal to me is the $50 plan this is clearly stated for 1gig data and is the best price and no tricks. Refills are the most competitive too $10 for 500 meg and 20 for 1gig. As for AT&T mvno's this one gives you the most with no surprises. This is just my opinion on good2go. You might read the FAQ in no contract USA section for more info.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Phones
    neXus 4
    neXus 4
    Galaxy SIII
    Carrier
    Straight Talk ATT
    Feedback Score

Re: Best AT&T MVNO?

Net10 from ebay. Then just buy a refill card

Sent from my t999 with ST on AT&T network.
    neXus 4 | DBrand White Carbon Fiber Skin | Ringke Fusion Case | iSmooth Screen Protector | Straight Talk AT&T Sim
    Titanium Galaxy SIII T999 | Body Glove ShockSuit Case | iSmooth Screen Protector | Straight Talk AT&T Sim

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately data is expensive, very expensive, on anything other than an all-in monthly plan. And even then it's [very] limited.

Net10 is fine if 1.5GB is enough but you'll pay $50 ($45 on autopay) that's nearly twice what you do now.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    I think that there could be a large disagreement here over who is the best. But, I'm pretty sure that most of us would agree that H2O is one of the worst.

You can still buy a Net10 AT&T SIM Cards on Amazon.com for 49 cents, or for $14.99 by entering Zip Code 90024 on Net10Sim.com. My favorite AT&T MVNO is Airvoice.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedRice1 View Post
    Just wondering who is the best AT&T MVNO? I am currently using h2o $25 dollar plan and would like some data without paying a lot more. (not too much is needed). I am usually around wifi but when I am not it sucks. Straight talk and net10 stopped AT&T sims where I live so that is a no go. My current phone is nokia 700.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavorOR View Post
    I think that there could be a large disagreement here over who is the best. But, I'm pretty sure that most of us would agree that H2O is one of the worst.

You can still buy a Net10 AT&T SIM Cards on Amazon.com for 49 cents, or for $14.99 by entering Zip Code 90024 on Net10Sim.com. My favorite AT&T MVNO is Airvoice.
    Why Airvoice? I work in a prepaid wireless industry and has seen the huge change in the business last few years that started from $50 unlimited everything plan from Boost/Sprint back in January 2009.

Airvoice is relatively a small company without a lot of resources hence their plans are not as rich as plans offered by StraightTalk/Net10 both owned by Tracfone and H2O which is 51% owned by KDDI, a second largest wireless carrier in Japan. H2O's plans are very competitive for especially immigrants with free int'l calls included in most monthly plans but their data offerings are limited to 2GB with $60 plan. Straighttalk is the only AT&T's MVNO still offering 'unlimited' data but all other MVNO plans have data caps.

I'm hearing there's a lot of CS issues with all Tracfone owned brands, Simple Mobile, Straighttalk, Net10, Telcel America even if their value per price is the best overall. I personally use ST's $45 plan on AT&T and have no complaints other than data not working from time to time requiring a reset and having to wait too long to connect to CS. However, H2O is a good alternative and does not have a going concern as Airvoice might have. In MVNO world, activation and subscriber volume is what determines if an MVNO can be profitable and Airvoice among dealers is not popular at all with no to low demand from consumers.

ST on AT&T would be my first choice if I can get my hands on it but I'd use Net10 with 1.5GB data cap for $50 - but discounted to $45 with auto-refill or get a E-PIN with a discount w/o tax.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cherishzm View Post
    Why Airvoice? I work in a prepaid wireless industry and has seen the huge change in the business last few years that started from $50 unlimited everything plan from Boost/Sprint back in January 2009.

Airvoice is relatively a small company without a lot of resources hence their plans are not as rich as plans offered by StraightTalk/Net10 both owned by Tracfone and H2O which is 51% owned by KDDI, a second largest wireless carrier in Japan. H2O's plans are very competitive for especially immigrants with free int'l calls included in most monthly plans but their data offerings are limited to 2GB with $60 plan. Straighttalk is the only AT&T's MVNO still offering 'unlimited' data but all other MVNO plans have data caps.

I'm hearing there's a lot of CS issues with all Tracfone owned brands, Simple Mobile, Straighttalk, Net10, Telcel America even if their value per price is the best overall. I personally use ST's $45 plan on AT&T and have no complaints other than data not working from time to time requiring a reset and having to wait too long to connect to CS. However, H2O is a good alternative and does not have a going concern as Airvoice might have. In MVNO world, activation and subscriber volume is what determines if an MVNO can be profitable and Airvoice among dealers is not popular at all with no to low demand from consumers.

ST on AT&T would be my first choice if I can get my hands on it but I'd use Net10 with 1.5GB data cap for $50 - but discounted to $45 with auto-refill or get a E-PIN with a discount w/o tax.
    With all due respect, H20 has a bad rep for good reason. They are notorious for being really really antsy dancey with data going from so called "unlimted" to 3 to 2 to 1 gigs of full speed data within a three months span . And their current two gig plan has ONLY the first half gig at full speed. The rest is throttle. Most tmobile mvnos give unlimited throttle. If you're going to put up with garbage data speeds, the least it could be is truly unlimited. A gig and a half of throttled data? Okayyyyy...

Also, their CS has always been consistently slow or bad or both. I know, I've tested them during their hey day and now when they are no longer at the top of their game and under all conditions, they are the slowest to pick up with the longest wait times.

Air Voice consistently has some of the better level CS. Definitely better then H20 in both speed and quality by a long shot.

H20 has only their brand name. Just like how Boost and Virgin both have crummy customer care but a large enough marketing budget that everyone knows about them That is how America Movil/Tracfone competes. Ubiquity. Not quality. Air Voice is a smaller operation but you know what? They've been around since 1999. H20 has only been around since the 2005. And even though KDDI owns a large part of them , there has been virtually no improvement in any of their plans or cs quality at all since the purchase.

Sure Air Voice isn't the biggest Att mvno.
    But H20 certainly isn't the best. Not by a long shot. Till they start putting some money into their CS instead of marketing hype, they're not gonna be the best or even close for a long time to come.

Till H20 comes up fighting I see no reason to choose them over a higher quailty if smaller competitor.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Anyone want to compare these to Red Pocket?

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    H2O's advantage is that they got in early. Their customer service is terrible - long delays, inaccurate information, etc., and they have been reported to change their plans or refuse to honor their promises.

Airvoice, on the other hand, has great customer service. Their plans don't always match H2O precisely, but they actually deliver what they promise.

Quote Originally Posted by cherishzm View Post

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by timsclips View Post
    Anyone want to compare these to Red Pocket?
    Red Pocket is hit and miss on customer service. If you get the U.S. call center, it is very good. If you get the call center in the Phillipines, you should just hang-up.

Carriers
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score

Re: Best AT&T MVNO?

You are right about that EndeavorOR, hit or miss.

I would recommend to use the online chat for RP which resolves any issues quickly and they respond online to you in a matter of seconds.

Feedback Score
    airvoice is the best if all you need is 250 mins 250 text. ie for a parent...

im currently looking at their 30 dollar plan...

i really need unlimited minutes and text and about 100 mb of data...

Feedback Score
    +1 on Airvoice. I am also looking at their $30 (or $35) plan.

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Its 500 SMS text on airvoice $10 plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Its 500 SMS text on airvoice $10 plan.
    yah... it comes out to be 200 mins and 100 text for me..based on my usage

i Would prefer a 15 dollar plan just to be on the safe side...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast