Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soak Test for Jelly Bean on the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Starting Soon

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid
    Feedback Score

Soak Test for Jelly Bean on the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Starting Soon

Looks like it really is going to happen.

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We are inviting owners of the Droid RAZR or Droid RAZR Maxx on Verizon to participate in an early preview of a new Jelly Bean software release, and provide feedback. If you are not currently using a Droid RAZR or Droid RAZR MAXX on Verizon, please excuse and ignore this email.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ting-soon.html

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Soak Test for Jelly Bean on the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Starting Soon

Beat me to it!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Re: Soak Test for Jelly Bean on the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Starting Soon

Had to happen.

Vzw must get JB 4.1.2+ on every possible 700C capable handset in order to be prepared to block all free third-party LTE tethering once the suit it filed last July and is now pursuing in DC federal court against the FCC to invalidate the 700C regs and carve up the internet neutrality rules is settled.

The tethering question is what's being discussed in the rest of the thread linked in the OP.

In support, is this not the first time vzw has gotten a still current version of Android out well before release of the next snack initials was officially announced by Google? That would be because the lady in red has her own high-priority ulterior motives this time.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I just got the same invitation to participate, but for the Droid 4.

However, participation requires one to un-root, and restore all the bloatware, first. I, of course, declined.

Feedback Score

Just got the jelly bean release non soak.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using HowardForums

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Just checked and JB was available. Running jelly Bean 4.1.2

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Well say something.

Feedback Score

Minor changes over ics . But seems to be stable

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Hmm, talkative type. Is there anything you don't like? I would like to know whether to update this phone.

Feedback Score

The only thing I don't care for is the change to the photo gallery. It opens to a list of albums and when you select one the presentation of your photos swipe from left to right. Other than that it is slightly more responsive. Haven't noticed any change to battery life. So all in all its a decent build.

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveanderson13 View Post
    Is there anything you don't like? I would like to know whether to update this phone.
    I know there were some "improvements" with JB such as you can no longer have a widget that sets/resets airplane mode (they blocked it). Stuff like that, make me hesitant in moving from ICS. I am not sure that the pluses outweigh the minuses.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thanks, Walt. I'm going to look for a list of changes.

There are things I don't want to lose or be hindered: Flash, Fox Fi, etc.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

Roger that.

IF the tethering block is in this OTA, I'd expect the update to be extra well vetted and squeaky clean in every other respect. And since, per Zappy, the blocking code is silent until a server-side switch is activated, there would be no easy way to tell that your tethering now *can be* blocked until that switch is flipped – later – by vzw.

I, for one, don't expect any overt actions to curtail tethering with LTE-capable handsets until vzw's current DC circuit court case against the FCC is resolved. The current round of OTA updates would be just about setting the trap. Actually springing it will have to wait til the 700c regs are out of the way, I'd expect.

Device(s)
    Droid Razor MAXX
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well it has happened. My Razor Maxx got upgraded to 4.1.2 jellybean yesterday. I tried to stop it but accidently pressed the wrong button and it loaded. The first thing that I checked was my foxfi. It is now blocked. Here is the dialog box that shows up when i try to activate the hotspot. "Fail to activate hotspot: your carrier has blocked WiFi mode in Jelly Bean (Android 4.1 or above). Please use USB mode or Bluetooth mode instead." Looks like it is now time to root the razor maxx........

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

So did you try the bluetooth?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast