Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Soak Test for Jelly Bean on the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Starting Soon

Device(s)
    Droid Razor MAXX
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just tried bluetooth between the razor maxx and my nexus 7. They are paired, but when I tried to turn on the internet access option on the razor maxx, the option would not stay connected. I never tried the bluetooth option before jellybean on the razor maxx because the wifi option worked well, so I do not know if the bluetooth option did work.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Soak Test for Jelly Bean on the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Starting Soon

What about a laptop?

The other day I tried to bt ics bionic to a nexus 7. No success.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Droid Razor MAXX
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Have not tried a laptop. I might be able to try the wife's laptop when I get home late tonight.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Re: Soak Test for Jelly Bean on the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Starting Soon

Okay, thanks.

Device(s)
    Droid Razor MAXX
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I looked at my wife's laptop and it does not have bluetooth.

I was looking at the settings since the jellybean update and one of the options now says "tethering & mobile hotspot". I believe that in ice cream sandwich the option just said "mobile hotspot". This option allows you to turn on USB tethering and Bluetooth tethering if you choose to do so. If you press those options, the phone tries to verify your subscription. I am guessing that it is verifying if you are paying the $30 for the hotspot option. When I try it, it tells me that my order could not be processed and to call customer service. I don't plan on doing this. $30 for an option that I rarely used is nuts. I am already paying too much as it is now.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Which would be a reliable method of preventing the update dialog box from appearing every 12 hours since I am already tired of pressing "update later" every time it pops up. Am also afraid of pressing update now at one point.

Device(s)
    Droid Razor MAXX
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    All is well at the moment.!!!!! Foxfi released an update today that works on jellybean. I installed it this afternoon from google play. The wifi hotspot now works like it did on ice cream sandwich. No need to keep hitting the 12 hr delay on the upgrade if the this was the only concern.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score

From another thread – in response to the same news:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappy View Post
    They are getting around the problem by using a VPN (which probably means they are moving all of your traffic through someone else's servers, do you really trust them that much?). They also require a pin which I have no interest in using. So its a FAIL here.
    Further:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappy View Post
    When you fire up the wifi hotspot feature of PdaNet+ you get a message which includes this:

PdaNet+ attempts to create a VPN connection.

By proceeding, you are giving the application permission to intercept all network traffic.

And about that "12 hour" update notice:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pearl View Post
    Sigh, I got bamboozled. I knew that, since I wanted to tether, and I had had ICS, that I shouldn't update to JellyBean, so as to make tethering impossible. (I have an Unlimited Plan that I definitely want to keep).

So VZW on my Droid 4 kept bugging the blazes out of me to update. I kept not letting it update. There was NO option to check that I didn't want continual reminders to update. It was so bad that I couldn't even use my phone, as it was non-stop bugging me to update. I still haven't tethered, so it wasn't in response to that.

So finally in desperation, I let it update, not knowing what it would update me to. Well, it updated me to Android 4.1.2, which is the first stage of JellyBean. It took me a while to figure out that it was actually JellyBean, after the stupid VZW "tech" people told me that I was still on ICS. The "tech" people know absolutely nothing and can do absolutely nothing---I am completely fed up with them.

So now I'm screwed, as far as I know, in terms of tethering, because you can't go back to a previous version, at least that's what the tech people say, and it's probably true. I haven't tried it yet now with FoxFi, but from everything I've read online, it is usually impossible after JellyBean---at least with FoxFi.

My only other hope is one of 2 things:

maybe another app than Foxfi would still let me tether?? I doubt it but maybe.

Or, I have another brand new Droid 4 that I haven't returned yet (I had to get 2 replacement phones---it's a long story), and if I switch to the other one, that is presumably still on ICS, maybe I can resist updating. But, frankly, VZ made it virtually impossible to not update, as they bugged me every 2 seconds practically, so the phone was virtually unusable while I resisted.
    And to boot, Android 4.1.2 is HORRIBLE!! I hate it! It is way worse than my previous version in a number of ways. I no longer can get a visual icon that shows if I have VM, I have to "log in" to VM, which takes a long time to load, just to find out if I have a VM or not. In so many ways, it's a backwards step. I complained bitterly to VZ, who said that many people complained about it. But guess what? No choice now!
    More here:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...er settlement?
    See April 7 forward.
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 04-11-2013 at 06:32 AM.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by radicon View Post
    All is well at the moment.!!!!! Foxfi released an update today that works on jellybean. I installed it this afternoon from google play. The wifi hotspot now works like it did on ice cream sandwich. No need to keep hitting the 12 hr delay on the upgrade if the this was the only concern.
    Thanks alot.

Device(s)
    Droid Razor MAXX
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have a question about the password setup to use the updated foxfi. I understand needing the password setup to access the encrypted vpn network so foxfi can work. How can I adjust my phone so it does not ask me for the password for everything that I do on the phone, not just when/if I use foxfi?

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The Bionic JB update went live today and can be downloaded from the web if you don't want to wait for it to arrive.

If you are rooted, you must protect root with Voodoo Rootkeeper or you will lose root and there is no exploit that can reroot on the new build and djrbliss has officially retired from rooting Motorola devices.

This means there may not ever be a new exploit developed because he is the only person who has been able to do so consistently for the past 2 years.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey kb, didn't see your post till after I posted just now on the Bionic thread. I'm not rooted; jb just dl but not installed.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I haven't actually loaded it yet myself, but the XML.zip dropped promptly for it so we have the full fastboot images now which gives more options for managing the update yourself. You can retain the ability to revert to ICS if you only flash the system and boot images from the XML.zip and don't flash the cdt.bin file.
    The cdt.bin is the file that contains the secure version number that prevents reversion to a previous build, as well as the partition table for the device.

Also, it looks as though the new root exploit will work on Bionic after a bit of tweaking and djrbliss has said he will do this and re release the exploit for Bionic

Given that we have all of the files and means at our disposal, I would say it's safe to update or not as you choose.

Reports are generally positive and you can tether via several means with root or use the new FoxFi if unrooted.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I installed. Stock Bionic. Foxfi BT works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2