iP_SE, iP_7P
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, AT&T_ Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Record setting payLo sales !!!

Attachment 90189

January 2013

payLo™ BY VIRGIN MOBILE

...since last July, we have seen 7 consecutive months of payLo sales growth and the highest month ever of sales in January 2013!

http://www.hyperlinkusa.com/ClientDo...%20English.pdf (p. 16)
    Monthly Plans
    $40/Month Unlimited Talk And Text Plan
    Offer includes unlimited domestic voice minutes, unlimited domestic messages (text, picture, IM and email), 50 MB of data and unlimited access to Virgin XL service.
    $30/Month Talk And Text Plan
    Offer includes 1500 domestic voice minutes, 1500 domestic messages (text, picture, IM and email), 30 MB of data and unlimited access to Virgin XL service.
    $20/Month Talk Plan
    Offer includes 400 domestic voice minutes.
    Basic Rate
    Domestic voice: 20˘/minute; text, email, and IM: 15˘ per message; Picture messages: 25˘/message.

PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $35 / $1 | AT&T PREPAID: .25/Min

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    You wouldn't know it by the participation in this forum, LOL!

Device(s)
    iP_SE, iP_7P
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy View Post
    You wouldn't know it by the participation in this forum, LOL!
    Probably a lot of old school talk & text types.
    At $40 for Unlimited Talk & Text w 50Mb of Data (they should make the payLo Data Unlimited, too) those payLo subscribers must not be as data dependent as Virgin Mobile's BT subscribers.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    LOL, I don't even use the features on my 7 year old Nokia 6102 and there aren't many. I am finding that texting can be convenient, but finding it hard to justify getting a smart phone when I just don't seem to need access to my e-mail, internet and so on 24/7.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. This certainly contradicts a statement that I read somewhere that said that 98% of new activations were Beyond Talk or something like that. I had the impression Paylo was at least stagnant if not dying but I guess that's not the case. But when you have full messaging phones for 19.99 new direct from VM, you're in Tracfone land. With blazingly fast 1x of course.

Good to see paylo/paygo is still kicking and alive. And growing.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It might be a factor that most PayLo phone models were <ahem> "sold out" on the VM web site during the Q4 of 2012 and then were updated in January.

Device(s)
    iP_SE, iP_7P
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    It might be a factor that most PayLo phone models were <ahem> "sold out" on the VM web site during the Q4 of 2012 and then were updated in January.
    Attachment 90393

The Free Samsung Entro promotion that many Independent Virgin Mobile/Boost dealers are providing might be part of the reason for the record number of sales. It seems the VM PayLo dealers are providing the Free Entro to subscribers that sign up for the new $40 Unlimited Talk & Text plan... That is a great way to capture new customers and $40 is a fantastic price point for Unlimited Talk.

Device(s)
    iP_SE, iP_7P
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Attachment 91513

The independent dealers continue producing fantastic results for Virgin Mobile's PayLo...
    WOW!!! YOU BROKE YOUR OWN RECORD LAST MONTH!
    With your help, we now have 8 consecutive months of increasing payLo sales.
    Every single month since last July, you have sold more than the prior month!
    Thank you from the Virgin Mobile Brand team!
    http://hyperlinkusa.com/ClientDocume...%20English.pdf (p. 16)

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    Attachment 91513

The independent dealers continue producing fantastic results for Virgin Mobile's PayLo...

Notice the Samsung M575 Restore is gone!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    PayLo is definitely one of the best deals for voice service, but they almost fall short of PagePlus who, at $40, offers a better deal and better coverage. Same unlimited voice/text but 4 times as much data and the Verizon network.

The PayLo $20 plan is their best offering for voice only if that's all you need and you have good Sprint coverage.

Aside from that, you're better off with PagePlus in my opinion. But you have to watch out for PagePlus's data overage rate if you use the data on a plan.
    Last edited by cubey; 04-21-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Device(s)
    iP_SE, iP_7P
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Sprint: Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.1.32723/29.3345; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote Originally Posted by cubey
    PayLo is definitely one of the best deals ...

The PayLo $20 plan is their best offering for voice only if that's all you need and you have good Sprint coverage.

You are right, it is probably the $20 PayLo option that is getting subscribers with the $0.05 cpm rate. The PayLo $30 plan is also attractive with the Penny Per Minute/Text rate too.
    Last edited by vmobi; 04-21-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I agree, PPC is a better option, simply because you can use a device with android O/S and WiFi capabilities. $20 plan is a joke IMO, no included text and 1.50 MB, and people complain about PPC .99 a MB STD plan. I can never use $30 1500/1500 a month and those minutes/texts don't roll over so who cares, 30 mb of data with a feature phone, lol. PPC $12 plan + $10 gives the additional minutes I need. 12 + 25 gives me the minutes I need and then auto ups me for the next month, then add a $10 or 25 each month after that to keep the cycle going for my needs, just don't leave the 3G data on, LOL! That said, PPC does not offer decent or affordable plug and play phones, so finding a Verizon hand me down can test your will! Ting even better for multiple users, IMO.
    If VM lowered their $30 plan minutes and texts, but rolled over the minutes, then it would be the way to go.

Device(s)
    iP_SE, iP_7P
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Sprint: Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.1.32723/29.3345; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy
    I agree, PPC is a better option, simply because you can use a device with android O/S and WiFi capabilities. $20 plan is a joke IMO, no included text and 1.50 MB, and people complain about PPC .99 a MB STD plan. I can never use $30 1500/1500 a month and those minutes/texts don't roll over so who cares, 30 mb of data with a feature phone, lol. PPC $12 plan + $10 gives the additional minutes I need. 12 + 25 gives me the minutes I need and then auto ups me for the next month, then add a $10 or 25 each month after that to keep the cycle going for my needs, just don't leave the 3G data on, LOL! That said, PPC does not offer decent or affordable plug and play phones, so finding a Verizon hand me down can test your will! Ting even better for multiple users, IMO.
    If VM lowered their $30 plan minutes and texts, but rolled over the minutes, then it would be the way to go.
    Wow, that is so nice of them to let you use a smartphone on those plans.

It is just too bad that PPC is still quite the unknown company that it is. Must be the name Page Plus sounds like a leftover from the old pager days. Perhaps if they re-branded themselves they too could have a thread on a forum go off topic as well.

It's quite bizarre to see that such a nice mvno that allows smart-phones on their service not experience month after month of record setting new subscribers being added onto their service. As much as you may not like the PayLo service in its current state, it looks like large numbers of NEW Subscribers feel quite satisfied with it each and every month. I wonder why so many people chose to subscribe, and continue to do so each month, onto Virgin Mobile PayLo and not PPC??? I personally like PPC, but they have very little to no name recognition in many markets which leads to folks perceiving them as a potentially unreliable entity (even though that is just not the case).

I do agree with your opinion that Sprint should add better devices onto PayLo, a WiFi capable touch-screen feature phone would be a welcome first step. If they can manage to add such a device and maintain a price point under $100 they just might continue to deliver an incredible number of New PayLo Subscribers each month for the rest of the year. ...