Thread: AT&T w/ Net10?

Feedback Score

AT&T w/ Net10?

I was already to switch from our contract AT&T plan to Straight Talk but now they are not selling the AT&T sims at Straight Talk so that we can bring our own phones. From what I've read on here, it seems that Net10 would be my best bet. I have an iPhone 3 that a family member is passing onto me (currently locked to AT&T), can I still buy the Net10 AT&T sims on Ebay or in stores that I can use w/ my iPhone 3? My other concern is traveling to visit family in a rural area and still having coverage. I can get AT&T on my phone when I travel to northern PA now, will I get the same service if I have a prepaid AT&T plan? There are either no or very limited towers where my parents live but I must be picking up service from a local company (its mainly a Verizon service area but there is a small local company that works w/ AT&T I think). Is the family share plan the best way to go for 2 phones? I really liked that with Straight Talk we could switch back and forth between the $30 and $45 plans if needed (my husband keeps insisting he's not going to get a smart phone and won't need data). Are there similar options with Net10? Thanks for any help! Our contract w/ AT&T ends in a few weeks and I'm anxious to try something else out, as right now we are paying about $90 just for a limited number of minutes, no data, and no texting. Seems like I could get both data and text and more minutes for about the same amount if I go prepaid.

Feedback Score
    yes, you can get the sims on ebay but expect to get robbed in the process. you might try your
    local dollar general store for the sim pack. you will get almost the same coverage with roaming as postpaid AT&T.

Carrier
    AT&T Gophone
    Feedback Score

AT&T w/ Net10?

Net 10 sims are like $1 on amazon and eBay.

The straight talk ones are going for like $60

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    Net 10 sims are like $1 on amazon and eBay.

The straight talk ones are going for like $60
    You can buy a ST Nokia refurb smartphone, with unlocked AT&T SIM for $50.

Phones
    neXus 4
    neXus 4
    Galaxy SIII
    Carrier
    Straight Talk ATT
    Feedback Score

Re: AT&T w/ Net10?

Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    yes, you can get the sims on ebay but expect to get robbed in the process. you might try your
    local dollar general store for the sim pack. you will get almost the same coverage with roaming as postpaid AT&T.
    What sim are you referring to, With roaming?

Sent from my t999 with ST on AT&T network.
    neXus 4 | DBrand White Carbon Fiber Skin | Ringke Fusion Case | iSmooth Screen Protector | Straight Talk AT&T Sim
    Titanium Galaxy SIII T999 | Body Glove ShockSuit Case | iSmooth Screen Protector | Straight Talk AT&T Sim

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Both the Net10 and Straight Talk AT&T Sims have the same AT&T coverage and roaming. Roaming depends on the location and roaming agreements in place for that location.

They are basically the same company, Straight Talk is just a Wal-Mart sales pitch. Both are owned by the same company, American Movil.

Due to STs lack of sims, yes they are anywhere from $50 to up to $200 on eBay. Yes I kid you not. Look for yourself.

Net10 offers the same service as ST. Just depends on if you want to belong to Net10 or ST.

Net10 now has a 1.5GB hard cap data limit per 30 days though on their AT&T Sims. Although from rumors and emails from ST tech support people have received could indicate ST will be picking up the same policy because they are the same company offering same service on AT&T. It only makes sense.

Net10 is $50 a month vs. ST $45 but with Net10 auto pay they reduce it to $45.

Honestly the extra money having to be shelled out for a ST sim is not worth it. Either you pay $50 for a eBay sim or $50 for Nokia with an unlocked sim.

Sent from my PantechP9090 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Once Straight Talk caps Att data on ST side, the $60 sims will be going for like a buck. Gougers. When Virgin Mobile implemented its 2.5 gig cap it didn't happen overnight but Boost , it's sister carrier followed. This will probably most likely happen with Straight Talk . I mean, they were charging more for Net10 then ST and giving less, how can they keep this imbalance up Walmart or no.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    fonezfonz, they're not gouging. It's a case of "what the market will bear" - it's an auction. Gouging is extortion on essentials, which a SIM card isn't. I listed a Straight Talk SIM I'm not gonna use (decided to go Net10, it's actually cheaper with 2 phones) on eBay. We'll see what happens it's at 99 cents now. And if it goes up high, I may sell another Straight Talk SIM card on eBay (I've got two, hanging onto one for now tho).

Phones
    bb tour
    ve20(old) lg rythm(old)
    glimmer/ax8600/wave/e815/nokia 6255i(bit the dust)
    Carrier
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    I was already to switch from our contract AT&T plan to Straight Talk but now they are not selling the AT&T sims at Straight Talk so that we can bring our own phones. From what I've read on here, it seems that Net10 would be my best bet. I have an iPhone 3 that a family member is passing onto me (currently locked to AT&T), can I still buy the Net10 AT&T sims on Ebay or in stores that I can use w/ my iPhone 3? My other concern is traveling to visit family in a rural area and still having coverage. I can get AT&T on my phone when I travel to northern PA now, will I get the same service if I have a prepaid AT&T plan? There are either no or very limited towers where my parents live but I must be picking up service from a local company (its mainly a Verizon service area but there is a small local company that works w/ AT&T I think). Is the family share plan the best way to go for 2 phones? I really liked that with Straight Talk we could switch back and forth between the $30 and $45 plans if needed (my husband keeps insisting he's not going to get a smart phone and won't need data). Are there similar options with Net10? Thanks for any help! Our contract w/ AT&T ends in a few weeks and I'm anxious to try something else out, as right now we are paying about $90 just for a limited number of minutes, no data, and no texting. Seems like I could get both data and text and more minutes for about the same amount if I go prepaid.
    Afaik if you are using a st or net10 sim you cannot use the $30 plan. The $30 plan is only available on st branded non smartphones.

Sent from my XT862 using HowardForums
    what is this new feature, and how can I manipulate it in order to make myself seem superior to those around me?

Feedback Score
    I have a Net10 now. moved over from ST. Wife has a slider phone $30 a month text and talk plan. on same account I have a Iphone 4S. $45 unlimited. Works great. Will be moving the kids over from ST as auto refill drops off one by one. The last two phones will be $40 a month each. Hope all goes well. Peace

Feedback Score
    are the att compadible sims back in stroes?