Thread: Need help with my samsung galaxy s3 apn on straight talk! please help

Feedback Score

Exclamation Need help with my samsung galaxy s3 apn on straight talk! please help

Just got a new factory unlocked gs3. I bought a new AT&T compatible SIM card from straight talk for my old phone. It was a regular SIM card so I had to cut it to fit. I know the SIM card works because I can make calls and send texts. I have tried every apn I could find online and I have tried the one in the activation card. I have tried to contact straight talk but they haven't got back to me yet. I can't get the Internet to work at all. Am I missing a setting or am I using the wrong APN? I restart the phone after I enter a new APN. Also I transferred a number from another company. I don't think that has anything to do with it. Just wanted to tell you all just in case. Also my gs3 is running jellybean 4.1.1. Does any have any ideas or new APN? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Carriers
    T-Mobile prepaid
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have the Samsung Note II which is almost the same, the settings they advise on the ST insert are good.

Name: Straight Talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com (I leave this field blank actually)
    Port: 80
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port: 80

Make sure you save the settings, if you just back out w/o saving, they will not be retained.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine King View Post
    I have the Samsung Note II which is almost the same, the settings they advise on the ST insert are good.

Name: Straight Talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com (I leave this field blank actually)
    Port: 80
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port: 80

Make sure you save the settings, if you just back out w/o saving, they will not be retained.
    That is exactly what I got on my Galaxy S3 and it works just fine

Feedback Score
    I just tried those settings, and restarted my phone. I still can't get on the Internet.

Carrier
    GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    In the Apn type make this entry:

default,supl,mms,hipri
    and see if it works.

Phone
    Samsung SM-N900A
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoo88 View Post
    I just tried those settings, and restarted my phone. I still can't get on the Internet.
    Try one of these ChazzMatt and I have posted. Chazz has a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I have the Samsung SGH-I717 Galaxy Note and the LG Nexus 4.
    I don't the GS 3 so don't exactly know how to set you up, but on my Nexus 4 which is on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 I'd go to settings, more, wireless network, make sure data enabled is check, then you do your apn, make sure after adding you new apn or editing excisting one, make sure you save and make that your default.
    Since you've taken the sim from your existing device if you can post a screen shot of your apn from your GS3, it might help. i think it could be volume down and power button simultaneously or power button and home.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...network)/page2

Feedback Score
    Just called straight talk and something was wrong with my account or something so they ha

Feedback Score
    so they ha.....ve fixed it?

Phone
    Samsung SM-N900A
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefisch View Post
    so they ha.....ve fixed it?
    doubt we'll get an answer whether we helped or not, OP has left the building till next issue shows up

Phones
    neXus 4
    neXus 4
    Galaxy SIII
    Carrier
    Straight Talk ATT
    Feedback Score

Re: Need help with my samsung galaxy s3 apn on straight talk! please help

Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    doubt we'll get an answer whether we helped or not, OP has left the building till next issue shows up
    Lol true.

Sent from my t999 with ST on AT&T network.
    neXus 4 | DBrand White Carbon Fiber Skin | Ringke Fusion Case | iSmooth Screen Protector | Straight Talk AT&T Sim
    Titanium Galaxy SIII T999 | Body Glove ShockSuit Case | iSmooth Screen Protector | Straight Talk AT&T Sim

Phones
    already listed
    galaxy s3 i747 rooted and unlocked
    galaxy s2 i989 rooted and unlocked
    Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoo88 View Post
    Just got a new factory unlocked gs3. I bought a new AT&T compatible SIM card from straight talk for my old phone. It was a regular SIM card so I had to cut it to fit. I know the SIM card works because I can make calls and send texts. I have tried every apn I could find online and I have tried the one in the activation card. I have tried to contact straight talk but they haven't got back to me yet. I can't get the Internet to work at all. Am I missing a setting or am I using the wrong APN? I restart the phone after I enter a new APN. Also I transferred a number from another company. I don't think that has anything to do with it. Just wanted to tell you all just in case. Also my gs3 is running jellybean 4.1.1. Does any have any ideas or new APN? Any help will be greatly appreciated
    if you fill in the following u will have straight talk on your samsung galaxy s3
    create a new access point name,
    name-straighttalk
    apn-att.mvno
    port-80
    mmsc-http/mssc/cingular.com
    mms proxy-22.209.14.33
    mss port-80

the rest will auto fill.... save and select instead of at&t and your good to go... keep a copy handy it can and will delete it's self hope you enjoy i love mine and if you root it you can enable hotspot and tearthering...

Phones
    IPhone 3g
    iPhone 3g
    Moto T720c retired
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Purchased a AT&T LG Optimus G and a ST AT&T Micro SIM card. Activated phone on ST, voice & text worked but could not get Enet 4G to work using the AT&T setting that came with the card or any that I found here. Found a new one for AT&T compatible phone on ST web site and tried it. Restarted phone and everything works. See below:

CREATE A NEW APN (ACCESS POINT NAME). ENTER ONLY THE SETTINGS LISTED BELOW:

FIELD SETTINGS
    NAME straight talk
    APN tfdata
    PORT 80
    MMSC http://mms-tf.net
    MMS PROXY mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS PORT 80

Are these setting for T-mobile? Are they activating everything including the older cards on T-Mobile now or is this a new setting for AT&T?
    Love the CO mountains views

Carriers
    T-Mobie
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Those are the correct APN settings for the ATT ST sim, for the more recently activated at least.

Sent with the HoFo App