Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Docomo Galaxy S3 Alpha on T-Mobile USA

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Re: Docomo Galaxy S3 Alpha on T-Mobile USA

That sucks *** through a straw but I really appreciate you clarifying that for me. I don't plan on selling the phone though as I go to Japan on a daily bases. Plus, I got the phone for about $100 special promo on a 2year contract so I'm good. Maybe here in Florida I'll get red pocket and see if that works. Or maybe ditch T-mobile and sign up for docomo USA.

Sent from my SC-03E using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Holidaystyles View Post
    That sucks *** through a straw but I really appreciate you clarifying that for me. I don't plan on selling the phone though as I go to Japan on a daily bases. Plus, I got the phone for about $100 special promo on a 2year contract so I'm good. Maybe here in Florida I'll get red pocket and see if that works. Or maybe ditch T-mobile and sign up for docomo USA.

Hate to break it to you but Docomo USA also uses T-Mobile and you will get exactly the same results. Just because they're Japanese doesn't mean they'll magically be licensed to use other radio bands.

I guess if T-Mo is your preferred US provider and Docomo is your preferred JP provider, you are unlikely to find a phone that supports all the bands of both carriers. E.g. I don't think there is such thing as a device that supports HSPA on both Band 9 (Japanese 1700) and AWS (USA/Canada 1700).

So ultimately if you want reasonable coverage on both carriers on one device, you'll need to decide which bands are dispensable in order to arrive at one device.

Device(s)
    Xperia Z3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Re: Docomo Galaxy S3 Alpha on T-Mobile USA

Thanks again. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    However if the phone lacks 850 2G, it could be challenging to get a signal in some areas that have no 3G at all.
    But instead Florida has 1900 gsm also all around in my experience around many areas of the state so I haven't any issue. I know what I am doing with this, and have been for a while so it isn't like I am some noob being explained something I knew about 5 years ago considering I had my 850 3g/1900 gsm docomo phone up and down the east coast without signal issues

Carrier(s)
    Telkomsel
    Feedback Score
    Hi all,

I tried to search and found this forum, my case with same problem with yours. I'm not really sure about carrier band in USA. But i bought S3 from docomo as well and unlocked in docomo shop, after i'm back to Indonesia, inserted with indonesian sim card(XL) i got R symbol, i confirm that in Indonesia use 2100 band for 3G. and it should be ok, but wondering why the phone still have "R" symbol. uugh hate it !

i can use mobile data only if i checked roaming mode, and this will decrease my balance even i have free internet access for 2GB with local provider.

Did you figure out to remove the R symbol ?

Feedback Score
    Anyone figure out how to get the phone off roaming mode in the US? I'm about to order the Docomo Galaxy S4 to use on the ATT side of Straight Talk (so I should be OK on HSPA/3G most of the time in Florida, Seattle-Tacoma, California, New York, where I'm at most often), but that roaming mode is going to be an annoying pain if it's on there all the time.

One benefit from ordering a Docomo branded Galaxy - these phones are made at Samsung's own factory in Korea, not the contractors in mainland China or India where the US/Europe models are built (with poorer quality).

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    You could just wait for the Google Edition S4 coming out June 26th.....it would then have all the bands that you need

It's all good (^_^)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...668534-IonNuke <<< My Feedback... rising from the dead.

Everyone's on their own for hypersims. I'm out har har har har har~~~~

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justbow View Post
    Hi all,

I tried to search and found this forum, my case with same problem with yours. I'm not really sure about carrier band in USA. But i bought S3 from docomo as well and unlocked in docomo shop, after i'm back to Indonesia, inserted with indonesian sim card(XL) i got R symbol, i confirm that in Indonesia use 2100 band for 3G. and it should be ok, but wondering why the phone still have "R" symbol. uugh hate it !

i can use mobile data only if i checked roaming mode, and this will decrease my balance even i have free internet access for 2GB with local provider.

Did you figure out to remove the R symbol ?

That's me too...anyone able to solve this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2