Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn744 View Post
    I disagree with the merger.

Organization of forums is key and the volume of new posts in the ST forum is already significant. I think adding another forum to it would make it very overpopulated.
    I also vote No for the merger. I think Shawn's post is spot on and I could not have said it better myself. I've been on Hofo for 10 years and generally it's dead & really vacant sections that are merged. If anything the really busy forums are split further to avoid clutter. The Straight Talk forum here on Hofo has become really popular and is easily one of the most popular, or may even be The most popular forum on Hofo. Merging the 3 Trac phone company forums would create a huge mess IMO & it would make it more difficult to weed through everything when searching for information.

I also don't see the point in setting it up similar to the Sprint MVNO board as that would effectively not be any different than the way it's currently set up. I say just leave things the way they are for the time being.

Feedback Score

I vote NO to a merger.

Too confusing. It's that simple.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    You're right.

Because I moderate both forums, I read both forums and find that, more often than not, the folks in the Net10/Tracfone Forums are discussing the very same issues that we're discussing over here. Often, it is the same people posting in both forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ljfnky View Post
    I find it interesting that EndeavorOR brought up this idea and he's also moderator of both forums
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Phones
    unlocked at&t Samsung S3 mini
    unlocked at&t Samsung S3 mini
    Carrier
    StraightTalk at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavorOR View Post
    You're right.

Because I moderate both forums, I read both forums and find that, more often than not, the folks in the Net10/Tracfone Forums are discussing the very same issues that we're discussing over here. Often, it is the same people posting in both forums.
    Good point. I don't read Net10's forum so I wouldn't know. Just a Straight Talker here.

Carrier
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You should have posted a Poll. I vote NO merger!
    Bill Radio
    Mountain Wireless Network Reports & Ratings,
    Coverage Maps,
    Wireless Roaming

Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score

Re: PLEASE READ!!: Merge Straight Talk Forum with Net10/Tracfone Forum

No...the forms should stay separate.

Especially now because net10 still functions different than straight talk

Sent from my Nexus 4

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Seems the only move that might make sense would be to move Net10 30day over to Straight Talk. People are posting questions over at Trac/N10 and are not getting answers. ST has the vast majority of high end/tech savvy people that can properly answer them quickly and thoroughly.

Almost everyone making suggestions here knows their way around and a change would cause minor inconvenience. We need to consider what is best for a first time inexperienced visitor that is desperate for help with a problem.

Feedback Score
    I disagree, for the reasons the disagreers already mentioned.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Do NOT merge them. I am not on here often but I already have a hard enough time finding things in the Straight Talk section without the extra congestion.

Phones
    Galaxy S4/32 KK 4.4.2
    Galaxy S4 (i337), iPhone 5
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I also disagree with the merger for many of the above reasons. In fact, ST could be subdivided into CDMA and GSM sub-forums, imo. Or maybe VZW, TMo, and ATT sub-forums.

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    I also vote No for the merger. I think Shawn's post is spot on and I could not have said it better myself. I've been on Hofo for 10 years and generally it's dead & really vacant sections that are merged. If anything the really busy forums are split further to avoid clutter. The Straight Talk forum here on Hofo has become really popular and is easily one of the most popular, or may even be The most popular forum on Hofo. Merging the 3 Trac phone company forums would create a huge mess IMO & it would make it more difficult to weed through everything when searching for information.

I also don't see the point in setting it up similar to the Sprint MVNO board as that would effectively not be any different than the way it's currently set up. I say just leave things the way they are for the time being
    Agreed. The ONLY way it would work is if you merged the similar elements:

1) BYOP SIMS: Net10/Straight Talk
    Discussions about sims, APNs, incessant questions about stupid iPhones and what Chinese phones can you use here on Straight Talk.

2) BRANDED PHONES: The ST/Net10 branded, mostly obsolete phones from 2 - 5 years ago
    "Ooh, Straight Talk/Net10 just released ANOTHER Gingerbread 2.3 Android phone for $350! Look at the 20 pictures I took at the Wal-mart, where I live in the parking lot." As well as discussions about WHAT major carrier the new mystery phone runs on.

Yes, some of the phones are the same, just sold under the different America Movil company names. Answers to one question in Net10 fourm might answer another person's question in Straight Talk.

3) MISCELLANEOUS: Home phone service; pay by the minute plans, transferring minutes, etc.

Mostly for all the people who obsess over pay-by-the-minute plans, etc. The Net10 Pay Go people shouldn't be forced to read about the sim card plans, and the BYOP sim card people who just bought Galaxy S4s couldn't care less about pay-by-the-minute.

So, you could merge Net10/Straight Talk/Tracfone into one forum as long as INSIDE you had like 3 major divisions, where people could gravitate to their favorite issues. I don't care about MNVO branded phones, only the BYOD stuff interests me. If America Movil ever completely stopped servicing AT&T sims, I would find another company who did.

My 82-year old parents have Net10 branded feature phones, and I bought them both 180-day 1,000 minute refills for $75 each off eBay -- but I'm not going to come to HoFo to discuss that.

• Therefore, NO don't merge the forums just to throw the masses together.
    • YES, merge the forums if you do it in a way that separates people into common-ground topics.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    You might as well throw in Telcel America and Simple Mobile also.
    And Safelink.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    No merge of sub-forums! That would be going backwards. The only thing that would possibly make sense, as mentioned by some posters, is to put Net10 Unlimited with Straight Talk, but I don't think that's really necessary. I'd prefer to see a whole cross-carrier PAYGO-only sub-forum!

It's kind of funny how many people admit how limited their exposure to other forums is. Like, "I only have such and such service so why would I be reading that," nonsense. Get some diversity and learn something, people!

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    No merge of sub-forums! That would be going backwards. The only thing that would possibly make sense, as mentioned by some posters, is to put Net10 Unlimited with Straight Talk, but I don't think that's really necessary. I'd prefer to see a whole cross-carrier PAYGO-only sub-forum!

It's kind of funny how many people admit how limited their exposure to other forums is. Like, "I only have such and such service so why would I be reading that," nonsense. Get some diversity and learn something, people!
    I don't totally agree. People who have BYOP sims with premium smartphones are never again going to be interested in MNVO crappy phones or "pay by the minute". They just aren't, just as people with 1080p 60" HDTVs are going to want to know anything about obsolete CRT TVs or NTSC> ATSC signal adapters. Once you are in the future you don't look back to the past.

Now people with CRT TV should be learning about 1080p HDTVS, there's where I agree they should be learning something. But it's more of a one-way street.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Although I think that a merger makes a lot of sense, there were more than enough reasoned objections to justify not merging them at this time.

For those of you who objected and who haven't looked at the Tracfone/Net10 Forums, please take a look and see if that changes your view. If you change your mind, please feel free to post a follow-up.

I realize that some of you suggested merging Net10 (without TF) with Straight Talk. That might be a good idea, but I'd want to create a new thread and ask for comments on it before taking any action.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast