Thread: Net10 Family Data

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Net10 Family Data

I have decided to completely dump my $140 verizon bill. I find it totally unacceptable to pay higher fees for the subsidized phones year after year. The Nexus 4 is my game changer.

Now, regarding Net10 data, I assume that if you have the family plan each phone shares the 1.5g of data. Can anyone verify this? I have gone through the Net10 site and have found no info about this. If its true then my wife and I would just get individual plans with auto pay for $45 per. The 1.5g may work for us, especially with wifi at home and work, but I would rather have a cushion instead of hard data cap.

Feedback Score
    I don't think they share. I don't think Net10 is sophisticated enough for that. I think each phone line stands alone. You just get a discount for buying more than one.

Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    The "Family Plan" isn't really a plan. It's just a bundle of 30-day service cards. So, if you buy the 4-person family plan, you get four 30-day service cards. You can apply them all to one phone and get four months of service if you want. Or you could apply two of them to one phone and two of them to another phone and each phone would get 2 months of service. Or you could give all four to four separate friends, and they would each get 1 month of service.

As a result, I don't believe that you share the 1.5 GB. Rather, each phone gets 1.5GB of data, and that's only if you're using the AT&T SIM in that phone. If you're using the Tmobile SIM, you probably get quite a bit more..

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffle View Post
    I have decided to completely dump my $140 verizon bill. I find it totally unacceptable to pay higher fees for the subsidized phones year after year. The Nexus 4 is my game changer.

Now, regarding Net10 data, I assume that if you have the family plan each phone shares the 1.5g of data. Can anyone verify this? I have gone through the Net10 site and have found no info about this. If its true then my wife and I would just get individual plans with auto pay for $45 per. The 1.5g may work for us, especially with wifi at home and work, but I would rather have a cushion instead of hard data cap.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    $5 discount from the list price for one phone, $10 for phones 2 and above. All get 1.5GB each.

Feedback Score
    and you can add the cards to just one phone?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: Net10 Family Data

Quote Originally Posted by EndeavorOR View Post
    The "Family Plan" isn't really a plan. It's just a bundle of 30-day service cards. So, if you buy the 4-person family plan, you get four 30-day service cards. You can apply them all to one phone and get four months of service if you want. Or you could apply two of them to one phone and two of them to another phone and each phone would get 2 months of service. Or you could give all four to four separate friends, and they would each get 1 month of service.

As a result, I don't believe that you share the 1.5 GB. Rather, each phone gets 1.5GB of data, and that's only if you're using the AT&T SIM in that phone. If you're using the Tmobile SIM, you probably get quite a bit more..
    Where can you find/determine that on Net10's site? Not that I'm saying you are wrong, I'm just shocked :-)

That would make Net10 about the same in cost as the Straight Talk refills in 90-180 service PINs. It would be better too since if I got thrown off, I wouldn't be out the entire duration like on Straight Talk. I could just refill a new SIM, which is also cheaper than ST.
    nex·us [nek-suhs]
    noun, plural nex·us·es, nex·us.

Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    I asked the question here on Hofo and got replies from several other Hofo users and a private message from one of the TF reps who monitor these forums who all said the same thing: Buy a family plan and you get a group of 30-day service cards.

Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    Where can you find/determine that on Net10's site? Not that I'm saying you are wrong, I'm just shocked :-)

That would make Net10 about the same in cost as the Straight Talk refills in 90-180 service PINs. It would be better too since if I got thrown off, I wouldn't be out the entire duration like on Straight Talk. I could just refill a new SIM, which is also cheaper than ST.

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Net10 Family Data

I have 3 phones on my family plan autopay... 2 bill at about $43 with tax one about $49. 2 on VZW 1 on att... They do not share a cap

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EndeavorOR View Post
    I asked the question here on Hofo and got replies from several other Hofo users and a private message from one of the TF reps who monitor these forums who all said the same thing: Buy a family plan and you get a group of 30-day service cards.
    That sounds like the case. I emailed Callingmart to see if they sold the PINs individually with the Net10 family plans and this is what they said:

"Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes, the Net10 Family Plans comes with multiple PINS. The $90 refill you'll get 2 PINs while the $130 refill you'll get 3 PINs.

Thank you and please let us know if there is anything else we could assist you with.

Sincerely,
    Bella
    CallingMart Customer Service"

So, since they are individual PINs, it's most definitely not shared data then.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Endeavor;15081462]The "Family Plan" isn't really a plan. It's just a bundle of 30-day service cards. So, if you buy the 4-person family plan, you get four 30-day service cards. You can apply them all to one phone and get four months of service if you want. Or you could apply two of them to one phone and two of them to another phone and each phone would get 2 months of service. Or you could give all four to four separate friends, and they would each get 1 month of service.

I know this is an old topic but is this still the case with Net10 Family plan? Do you still get multiple pins with a family plan and can it work on different net10 account? If you purchase a Family plan, do you get 2 different pins and can you apply it for 2 different people (phones)?