Thread: Auto refill or buy cards?

Feedback Score

Auto refill or buy cards?

It is better to set up auto refill or to buy a card and enter it?

Thanks

Phone
    Moto G LTE XT1045
    Carriers
    AT&T Prepaid
    T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    You can buy refills on their website as needed, or do autopay if you are content with staying on ST. I cancelled mine (via email) due to the lack of a un-autopay option on the website and the AT&T debacle making me question the viability of ST for me long term.
    The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here,

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Re: Auto refill or buy cards?

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdallas View Post
    It is better to set up auto refill or to buy a card and enter it?

Thanks
    Up to you.if you trust them with your CC info then auto refill.if not buy card from wally world and enter them.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using HowardForums

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I always refill using the prepaid refill cards since I get it cheaper online than the auto refill. But I used to have auto-refill setup as a backup in case I forgot to recharge and I dont want to loose my number. Auto refill does not kick in until the service end date is reached.
    But ST systems are pretty messed up, I recharged the number using refill card and still the auto refill kicked in. Had to ask for a refund and they also cancelled the auto refill.

Feedback Score

DO NOT use auto refill straight talk is known for doing funny business but do as u please and good luck

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhappyraw1 View Post
    DO NOT use auto refill straight talk is known for doing funny business but do as u please and good luck
    Not only that, ST adds sales taxes and goverment fees so 4 me, 45 becomes 47.79 whereas WALLY's a 90 day is 131.24 with tax included.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I use crazygametime.com. I don't know what everyone else has to say about them but I've had great luck. $42.99 a month is better than $45 plus taxable fees.

I think if you use discover card for 5% cash back on walmart.com and use the shipping address in a no sales tax state while buying the three month card it's the best deal... But it's a lot more work to save that money.

Ends up being $39.90 that route...

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Re: Auto refill or buy cards?

Quote Originally Posted by bpaulson View Post
    I use crazygametime.com. I don't know what everyone else has to say about them but I've had great luck. $42.99 a month is better than $45 plus taxable fees.

I think if you use discover card for 5% cash back on walmart.com and use the shipping address in a no sales tax state while buying the three month card it's the best deal... But it's a lot more work to save that money.

Ends up being $39.90 that route...
    i tried buying refill from wally with a shipping address in oregon, no go. cc provider will not approved payment unless that ship to info is in your personal file with cc. 4 me i feel safer buying from wally with pin emailed 2 me. i am not going to give my number to a strainger on fleabay. i heard crazy email the pin. this only my lousy opinion

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

Phone
    Lots
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It took me a few days to get auto-refill cancelled... then I was able to delete my credit card from their web site. The way they run things I'm not sure I can trust them with my card. I also would rather pay a flat $45 by getting the refill pin straight from Walmart instead of being charged taxes and government fees.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337
    Samsung Focus S
    Carrier
    at&t via Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I've been set up on auto refill for over a year now with no issues.

For me, I'm trying to simplify my life and save money. Remembering to buy a card each month or quarter then making a possible special trip to Walmart is not best for me.

Now 3-5 days before renew time I receive a text message letting me know there going to charge. Then the day after they charge my card I get a thank you with the next renewal date. One less thing to remember each month and saves time. I do the same for my mortgage and car payment and auto-pay everything else through my bank. Many years now with no issues - maybe I'm just lucky.

Feedback Score

Crazygametime.com works perfectly...and no tax.

Feedback Score

Yeah definitely don't use autopay....slammed with taxes and you def don't want to have ST in your pocket.