Thread: Tracfone problems

Feedback Score

Angry Tracfone problems

Heaven help you if you ever want to switch your landline phone number to your tracfone. The web site for tracfone says it will take from a couple of hours up to two days, so in order to save some money, I decided to switch. BIG MISTAKE!!! It has been over three weeks since I requested them to change it and now I’m told it will be at least March 19 before this takes place. MEANTIME, I cannot use my tracfone to call out and it does not receive calls. So, I’m screwed for a month with no cell phone service and am beginning to wonder if I will ever have any service. If I had known it would be such a hassle, I would have never even attempted to switch.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    Droid 2 (wife)
    HTC Incredible (daughter)
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    pTel, Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Post this exact same message on the tracfone facebook page.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    did you get your phone with the Sim card already installed?? I've learned that if you remove the sim and then put it back in it sometimes speeds up the activation process. hope this helps

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmark View Post
    did you get your phone with the Sim card already installed?? I've learned that if you remove the sim and then put it back in it sometimes speeds up the activation process. hope this helps
    Activation isn't the issue, it the number port.

My guess is the current phone company is being a pain, but TF may have screwed up too.

Feedback Score
    For future reference: It is best to buy a $10 tracfone that you don't intend to keep that will activate on the same network as your existing tracfone (ATT, Tmoble, or Verison). Activate the cheap phone with your home phone. After it is working, transfer the number to your existing tracfone.

Phones
    LG290c/LG600G
    Moto w376g
    Nokia 1100b
    Carrier
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    We switched our home phone # (port), over to a TF a couple of months ago, and all went smooth. It actually took about 4 or 5 days for it to be completed, but our TF continued to work in that time, AND our landline phones continued to work of outgoing calls also. Once it was complete, the landline went dead, and the TF, (390g), contniued to work, only with our original landline #.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by railroadrabbit View Post
    For future reference: It is best to buy a $10 tracfone that you don't intend to keep that will activate on the same network as your existing tracfone (ATT, Tmoble, or Verison). Activate the cheap phone with your home phone. After it is working, transfer the number to your existing tracfone.
    That's a good point! I've used this idea in the past.
    Looking for Tracfone promo codes?
    "We live in a cool time of the evolution - the time we understand we live in a cool time of the evolution".

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's unfortunate. I hope your port goes through sooner rather than later. I ported my aunt's Verizon landline to TracFone and it took about a week I think, but it went smoothly. I ported that same number out to T-Mobile a year later without any problems.

Porting numbers USUALLY goes okay, but a landline just adds more things that can go wrong.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE