Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Metro Pcs get the galaxy S4?

Feedback Score

Will Metro Pcs get the galaxy S4?

Hello everyone, i have been reading about the samsung galaxy s4 release in april and supposedly only verizon, t-mobile, sprint , ATT, cricket, and Us celluar will get the phone. Does anyone know if the s4 will be released with metro pcs? I was thinking about getting a galaxy s3 but there is really no point if the new s4 will be released in a month or so....Anyone have any clue if metro will release the s4?

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    We'll be merging with tmobile soon. If the merger is not approved pretty sure we would end up getting it. Merger has a good chance of going through though.

Feedback Score
    In all likelyhood, even with the T-Mobile merger, Metro will keep to it's practice of staying just behind the other carriers in terms of getting current phones and picking them up after a 12-18 mos. cool down post launch. I maybe wrong, but it sounded like T-Mobile was going to let Metro continue on as before, just getting a larger presence in the mobile marketplace but continuing on as before. It'd be great if they were to get the latest phones through their merger presense but only time will tell.

The S-IV would be a boon to us, but with it being projected to cost more than the S-III, I'm not sure it would be in Metro's best interest to go for it at this time.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    short answer no long answer noooooooooooooo! with that being said my easy to understand reason for saying that comes down to one factor....Pricing we all know with every new flagship device prices ranges from $700-$850 now ask your self how the hell is metro gonna get a device that cost just as much as a mortgage payment??? being prepaid has it perks but also has it cons our con is we gotta pay upfront for our devices from metro meaning full price now or nothing. also metro has to make money off phones so if they get these phones for $700-$850 how much room do you think they have for profits?? not much unless u want them to turn around and sell such devices for $900-$1000 so do i see metro getting anymore flagship devices in the long run? yes i do but it wil be wayyyy after every1 had it and prices come down to atleast $500, giving metro enough room for profit.also would like to add contract carriers get their money back more than twice from their consumers with a 2 year contract. think about it they sell you the phone with contract for $250 and your stuck with it for two years how many times do u think that phone has been paid off during that time period?? i think u get my point.
    Musician and Producer at chosen-1-records check out some of my work @ http://soundcloud.com/chosen-1-records

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Re: Will Metro Pcs get the galaxy S4?

Lol with the merger you can just buy 1 from T-Mobile since they dont even subsidize devices anymore.

Phone
    HTC Diamond
    Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score

Will Metro Pcs get the galaxy S4?

Quote Originally Posted by Gman9831 View Post
    Lol with the merger you can just buy 1 from T-Mobile since they dont even subsidize devices anymore.
    ...no you can't do that either, metro is CDMA....

The S4 won't be coming to metro any time soon that's for sure.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j-smokey View Post

832 days or 2 years 3 months and 10 days until last CDMA tower is shut down

CDMA wont be around for much longer and we'll have access to t-mobiles existing network + the LTE network so theres not even any need for the phone to include CDMA
    You should read this though, post #36 is where the discussion starts SGS4 [INSTANT or ELONGATED]

Carriers
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score

Yup in a whole 2 years you can get that shiny s4.....right around the time the s6 is released on all other carriers....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using HowardForums

Carriers
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score

The whole pronlem with everything you keep telling people about the merger is that its not instsnt. 2 years is a long time away. You will not be able to use t mobiles phones on metro for a while. They cant shut down there cdma network anytime soon. Not this year at all. Maybe starting next year you will see them start decommisioning cdma towers but thats a year away. The s4 will be outdated by then. The merger isnt the holy grail for metro using gsm phones. Its not gonna happen anytime soon. Cdma will be here for a bit. And they have to continue to sell cdma/lte phones its what there network is. T mobile is a while away from building out there own lte network. They alresdy said there own customers wont get use of metros lte network. That down the road metro customers will gradually optain use of there gsm hspa and lte network. That things will stay the same for the time being. So were looking at prolly a year before anyone notices anything. Having plans are great. Its implementing them thats the hard part.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Did I say we would get it right when the merger happened ? If they wait till the end of summer to give metropcs customers the galaxy S3 that'll give them 4 months to get everything ready. This is all speculation anyway one of the few things they've actually confirmed is that they're shutting the CDMA network down by mid-2015, some people don't even consider updating there phones until after 2 years, they may want the latest phone and can probably get it every few years or so but not everyone has it like you and me to upgrade every year .

Carriers
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score

I agree there but saying you can just wait and get the tmobile version is kinda misleading. Yes maybe in a few years if everything goes according to plan you will be able to use the tmobile version or an unlocked version on metro but for the forseeable future not possible. Shutting down cdma is not really news. Metro planned on doing this on there own.

Carrier
    telkomsel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j-smokey View Post

you are right

Carriers
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score

I think the main thing with the s4 is is it that much better than the s3. Its starting to get a little like apple and the iphone. Small increases instead of the groundbreaking change the s3 was from the s2. The s4 has a little better processor. The qualcomm 600 benchmarks slightly better than the snapdragon s4 the s3 uses. It has the same ram. A little bigger and better screen but really the eye wont notice a huge difference. A little better camera. But again you wont notice a huge difference. Now i have a line on sprint and verizon coming up for an upgrade in june will i be tempted to grab an s4 no doubt. As will many. But is it worth flat out buying one if you already have an s3 which will get the android 4.2 update the s4 runs? Not in my eyes.

Carrier
    Metro-PCS
    Feedback Score

Well I wouldn't say a 13 mega pixel camera a little better. But hey mega pixels arent everything. The feature that I personally am excited about is the IR blaster the S4 has I miss those things on a cell phone.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using HowardForums

Carriers
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score

But the eye wont notice much more from a 8mp to a 13 you will notice a little sharper picture and better color contrast and detail. But not much more if you already have the s3. If you dont have an s3 and are rockin a single core 2yr old phone by all means the s4 will be the best thing you ever used but if your not ready for an upgrade and have the s3 already to me it wouldnt be worth spending full price on an s4. Yea the ir blaster is cool. My galaxy 2 tab has it and i do use it all the time never even touch my real remote anymore. There peel smart remote app is pretty good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast