Thread: Galaxy S4 Unlocked?

Feedback Score

Galaxy S4 Unlocked?

So as probably everyone knows, the galaxy S4 was announced yesterday. I know it'll come available unlocked, but my only concern is it would be the international version, which means no LTE on AT&T. I plan on eventually going to AT&T so, it would be awesome to buy the AT&T version of the S4, use it on straight talk now and eventually migrate over. I always wondered, is it possible to just go to AT&T and buy the phone without a plan or anything? The only thing I like about apple is I can go to their Apple store, buy the unlocked phone AND a protection plan. What about Samsung? I don't think they have something equivalent to Apple care? I guess I just want the AT&T version with an extra warranty, how is that possible? How was it possible with the S3. Since we don't even have the price of the S4

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I think you can go into any ATT store and tell them you want it out of contract, but I think it depends on what rep you get because Im sure some might make you sign up for one. Then again idk if you can even buy a phone from ATT without having an account with them.

What I did with my att locked s3 is I got it from amazon mobile and bought the att version. That worked out better for me than trying to convince some rep I wanted just the phone. This way I still got a new, att version of the phone AND I didnt have to pay tax on it :]