Thread: BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) Review

Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score

BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) Review

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/smar...-t-mobile.aspx

by Daniel Howley on March 18, 2013

Pros: Impressive multitasking capabilities; Convenient BlackBerry Hub serves as universal inbox; Best touchscreen keyboard around; Video chat support for BBM

Cons: Dim display; Occasional performance issues; Some apps are watered down compared to iOS and Android; T-Mobile's 4G LTE network just getting off the ground

The Verdict: The BlackBerry Z10 is a capable smartphone with fantastic multitasking features, but you may have to wait a while for T-Mobile's 4G LTE network to reach your area.

Review

The BlackBerry Z10 is an incredibly important device, not only for the company formerly known as RIM but also for T-Mobile. For BlackBerry, the Z10 represents a fresh start, with a more modern interface and a touch keyboard that promises to beat them all. For T-Mobile, the Z10 is a big deal because it's one of the first devices to support the carrier's new 4G LTE network. Plus, this is the only Z10 you can get with unlimited data. So, should you pick this Berry?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Q10 (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Funny thing is that the display is one of the brightest currently in the industry

Feedback Score
    One year owner here, and I must say the screen is plenty bright for me. Once T-Mobile finally released the 10.2 update and my Wi-Fi calling became rock stable (and I had T-Mobile add it to my plan as a free feature) and android runtime was added all I needed to do to make it the perfect phone was to add a double sized battery and case back. (available online). Too bad it took a year after release to make it the phone it should have been from the beginning. I believe now it is every bit as good as any phone out there. Best / most intuitive keyboard, expandable memory, replaceable battery, plenty of applications, small manageable size yet the quality screen makes movie viewing comfortable, capable of playing almost all movie formats, durable as a tank and built for business as well.
    With the prices where the are right now I think it would be hard to find a better 'Bang for the Buck' than the Z-10.