Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: NET10 1.5gb limit on at&t SIM discussion thread

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I haven't hit the cap and I won't since I'm on WiFi most of the time. However from what I understand it's a hard cap and once you hit it your data and MMS since it uses data is also cut off. Also their is no way to buy extra data or anything so once you hit that limit you are shut off from data until your new monthly cycle date.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Anyone hit the 1.5 data limit?

I hit it and it cuts you completely off no data at all so don't try , just trust me

Feedback Score
    So the data limit is enforced.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dogman123 View Post
    So the data limit is enforced.
    Yes, it's enforced. I've already read of a few users being cut off until their next cycle due to hitting the cap. You can't do anything data or even MMS. So yeah don't hit that limit you will be cut off for sure.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score

Re: THE OFFICIAL NET 10 1.5gb LIMIT FOR AT&T SIM DISCUSSION THREAD!

In a weird twist after refilling my account I was hit with throttling on the 1.5 gb I have now because I'm considered a heavy duty user Cs made it seem like I was breaking their rules but I asked numerous times if I used over my limit then you would have turned off my data service the cs and manager assured me that I would bw throttled until I refilled again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Both the 1.5GB and the 30 days are hard caps. You cannot move up the start of the next 30 days to regain data. Add airtime before the 30 days is up and it goes into reserve.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score

You are not paying attention to my posts than I renewed on the 12th and my data reset becuase it was time to reset. The statement b4 was of what happen after I refilled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using HowardForums

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Both the 1.5GB and the 30 days are hard caps. You cannot move up the start of the next 30 days to regain data. Add airtime before the 30 days is up and it goes into reserve.
    Can anyone explain why they choose to not let us add a new service card early to get data started again?
    Just a question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I can verify that your data indeed just shuts off (you won't even see a data symbol anymore, just your signal strength and network name.)

I believe the reason they don't want to sell additional data is because they still have unlimited plastered everywhere... it would just be too confusing to the masses to try to explain that you can have unlimited on every network but AT&T (and considering how many people on these plans believe that net10 / straight talk are their own company and have their own towers is amazing.)

For the people who use AT&T branded Net10 phones who have no idea what network they run off of this would be very confusing to them. Just because we know about it doesn't mean that 99.9% of the typical users out there will have a clue.
    I buy broken/used iPhones (4 & 4S) on any carrier! PM me info about your phone and your asking price and I'll get back to you!

Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to hazard a guess that its because their system isn't setup to allow it. The computer wasn't programmed to allow re-uping early on the "unlimited" plan because nobody should ever need to do it. They don't want to spend the money to reprogram the computer, and so you just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt92 View Post
    Can anyone explain why they choose to not let us add a new service card early to get data started again?
    Just a question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpaulson View Post
    I can verify that your data indeed just shuts off (you won't even see a data symbol anymore, just your signal strength and network name.)
    They do something funky with the APN... I've noticed that occasionally my Nexus 4 thinks the APN is captive portaled and tells me I need to "sign into the network HOME" like if I was on captive portaled WiFi then it goes away a few seconds later. Also, sometimes I just have no data.

I'll put up with it for the price, there's nothing else like it, but it probably has to do with how they're shutting users off at 1.5GB and their accounting system. It sucks.

Feedback Score
    Can you use you 1.5 GB's of data however you like now. Such as pandora and youtube?

Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Given all the complaints about throttling on ST right now, I'd guess that at&t is just continuing to have network problems, as they did right after the BYOP SIM program was launched in the first place and again later the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan T View Post
    They do something funky with the APN... I've noticed that occasionally my Nexus 4 thinks the APN is captive portaled and tells me I need to "sign into the network HOME" like if I was on captive portaled WiFi then it goes away a few seconds later. Also, sometimes I just have no data.

I'll put up with it for the price, there's nothing else like it, but it probably has to do with how they're shutting users off at 1.5GB and their accounting system. It sucks.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    Given all the complaints about throttling on ST right now, I'd guess that at&t is just continuing to have network problems, as they did right after the BYOP SIM program was launched in the first place and again later the same year.
    No, I just switched from AT&T. The difference is sudden and staggering. The tfdata APN is vastly inferior to phone (that's the name of the AT&T APN).

Feedback Score
    Bottomline. For value, The Net10 option still gives the most data for the least amount as an Att option. It's just not unlimited anymore. I go with Good 2Go at the fifty dollar point and Red pocket at the two gig point as alternates to Net10. Straight Talk sims are absolutely not worth the seventy five dollars they are demanding on ebay for them.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast