Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: NET10 1.5gb limit on at&t SIM discussion thread

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Bottomline. For value, The Net10 option still gives the most data for the least amount as an Att option. It's just not unlimited anymore. I go with Good 2Go at the fifty dollar point and Red pocket at the two gig point as alternates to Net10. Straight Talk sims are absolutely not worth the seventy five dollars they are demanding on ebay for them.
    Nobody is "demanding" anything they go for $50-$80 in an auction format, people are simply offering them. It's up to the market to decide what they're worth, not you or I. I sold one for $52 (auction), the guy was insane but I didn't demand he buy it. Even buy it now prices aren't "demands" - no one has a gun to someone's head.

As for other services - do they use more reliable APNs that don't randomly deny access occasionally? That'd be huge if they do.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Alright so I discovered what may be a loophole...

I have a lot of sims (I resell Net10) and hit the cap. I decided to transfer my service to another sim and like I figured, data is back (I believe they block based on the sim card number and not the account itself.

So if you've got a ton of sims laying around and hit the cap, just transfer over to a new sim card and you've got another 1.5GB's of data.
    I buy broken/used iPhones (4 & 4S) on any carrier! PM me info about your phone and your asking price and I'll get back to you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan T View Post
    Nobody is "demanding" anything they go for $50-$80 in an auction format, people are simply offering them. It's up to the market to decide what they're worth, not you or I. I sold one for $52 (auction), the guy was insane but I didn't demand he buy it. Even buy it now prices aren't "demands" - no one has a gun to someone's head.

As for other services - do they use more reliable APNs that don't randomly deny access occasionally? That'd be huge if they do.
    Nobody ever puts a gun to anyone's head to price them at those prices either but they do. All I can say is that fools and their monies are soon parted. Ce la vie.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone/Verizon
    Feedback Score

No more Net10 unlimited data on AT&T SIMs

This may be old news but net10 is pulling the plug on unlimited data on AT&T sims cards, reducing it to 1.5GB:

https://net10data.com

They are really cracking down hard. You can't even add more time to get more data. It says you must wait until your due date passes but heck if you do that, your phone # will get lost.

This doesn't apply to T-Mobile or unlocked phones it says:

"I understand my Phone must be a T-Mobile compatible phone or an unlocked phone operating on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands."

I figured the whip was going to come down eventually which is why I am avoiding resellers claiming unlimited for less than the carrier they're leeching services from.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down NET10 1.5gb limit confusion - HELP!!!

I have a net10 android phone. LG optimus extreme, with the original net10 sim. unlimited $50 plan.

I called net10 with a question on the 1.5gb limit. I was told by one rep that there was no limit.

I called again and another rep told me it had a 1.5gb limit, but would be back to normal after the next unlimited card ($50) is added. I had more questions and he transfered my call to a recording that said
    that if the data plan is abused ( didn't say how ) the phone would be permanently slowed down for data, and would not be back to normal speed even after a new unlimited card is added.

The reason we called was that the phone is up to 1.3 gb after only a week of use. It shows alot of data use
    at the first day or two. checking the usage it shows 390mb for the browser, only 11mg for the play store, but
    650mg for the android OS. The rep did not know what it meant that the android OS used so much data so that was when he said he would transfer it to a higher level tech, but sent me to that voice recording I mentioned above.

We had a different net 10 phone that we exchanged for the one we have now. That one did stop the data use at 1.5GB, and it was the net10 lg optimus with the original net10 sim.

Our new phone is not connected in any way to our old account.

So what is going on. It seems that not only byof phones are bding stopped at the 1.5gb limit.

Also this thing about permenently slowing down the phone seems to be new.

Our phone is now at 1.3 GB, so we are not going to let it go over 1.5gb this month, but it would be nice to
    know what they are actually doing.

Also any ideas on why the android OS used 650mg of data would be helpful.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dingdongee View Post
    I have a net10 android phone. LG optimus extreme, with the original net10 sim. unlimited $50 plan.

I called net10 with a question on the 1.5gb limit. I was told by one rep that there was no limit.

I called again and another rep told me it had a 1.5gb limit, but would be back to normal after the next unlimited card ($50) is added. I had more questions and he transfered my call to a recording that said
    that if the data plan is abused ( didn't say how ) the phone would be permanently slowed down for data, and would not be back to normal speed even after a new unlimited card is added.

The reason we called was that the phone is up to 1.3 gb after only a week of use. It shows alot of data use
    at the first day or two. checking the usage it shows 390mb for the browser, only 11mg for the play store, but
    650mg for the android OS. The rep did not know what it meant that the android OS used so much data so that was when he said he would transfer it to a higher level tech, but sent me to that voice recording I mentioned above.

We had a different net 10 phone that we exchanged for the one we have now. That one did stop the data use at 1.5GB, and it was the net10 lg optimus with the original net10 sim.

Our new phone is not connected in any way to our old account.

So what is going on. It seems that not only byof phones are bding stopped at the 1.5gb limit.

Also this thing about permenently slowing down the phone seems to be new.

Our phone is now at 1.3 GB, so we are not going to let it go over 1.5gb this month, but it would be nice to
    know what they are actually doing.

Also any ideas on why the android OS used 650mg of data would be helpful.

Did your android os an update to ics.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Bottomline. For value, The Net10 option still gives the most data for the least amount as an Att option. It's just not unlimited anymore. I go with Good 2Go at the fifty dollar point and Red pocket at the two gig point as alternates to Net10. Straight Talk sims are absolutely not worth the seventy five dollars they are demanding on ebay for them.
    Very true, still i was about to jumped ship and try Good 2 Go, so i call a week a head to cancel my auto renew on my credit card and the last day of my plan when i was about do the port i got this text message that my auto renew transaction was complete, they took the money from my credit card and of course, they dont give you the money back... Honestly, Net 10 sucks!! Their Customer Service stinks!! they barely know what customer service is about! last time i called to solve a problem with my International Long Distance they couldn't figure it out and they ended up transferring me with a Straight talk department!!! unbelievable! :
    Im gonna wait for the T-mobile iphone that is coming up on April 12th and see how it goes with that, for a few more dollars i rather have decent customer service!!

Device(s)
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    Carrier(s)
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score

THE OFFICIAL NET 10 1.5gb LIMIT FOR AT&T SIM DISCUSSION THREAD!

Go to net10 (website) and change the expiration date on your card then it can't take money off the card any more.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyrn View Post
    Go to net10 (website) and change the expiration date on your card then it can't take money off the card any more.
    actually i called them to deactivate the auto renew, i got an email saying im no longer with that service and i still got charge... a day later i got a text too, confirming the same thing but they charged my card...

Feedback Score
    Net10 will restore your service after you go over the 1.5 limit on a Byop but it will be at permanently reduced speed.

They say the 1.5 limit does not affect net10 branded phones but I would like to know why they stopped my friends branded phone at 1.5. Looks like maybe my friend looked at YouTube video and violated the T&C. What happens in that case when the next month is renewed?

Also, be careful with slacker. It does updates in the background, so it can use data even if you don't know it.
    Of course you plan to use slacker only with WiFi : )
    Last edited by dingdongee; 04-01-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Feedback Score
    You guess people would be happy about having a set amount of data.But it seams it is not the case.

Feedback Score

OFFICIAL: NET10 1.5gb limit on at&t SIM discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by dogman123 View Post
    You guess people would be happy about having a set amount of data.But it seams it is not the case.
    Well, there are people here that are happier knowing what the set limit is on Net10 than they were before, I remember seeing at least a couple people say that much, however I'm sure there are those who are not happy with the amount.
    This whole thing is probably a result of people buying ST service and really pushing the limit of the "unlimited" data.
    ST needs to be more honest about where the data limit is. After the dust settled I have concluded that the new culprit behind the hidden limit is Walmart. True that in the past N10 was as deceptive about limits as ST was, but after the big AT&T fisticuffs between the two, N10 came right out with a set limit, where ST still is not, what is the difference? Walmart.
    ST, N10 are both subsidiaries of Tracfone, immediately after the tussle N10/Tracfone posted new and solid data limits, ST has not which seems to say that the Walmart end of the venture is holding it back so as not to hurt sales.
    My self, were it not for the fact that I have already bought so heavily in to ST with all my phones and purchasing a few AT&T sims while they were available, I might buy a N10 phone. Though I do have several of the N10 AT&T sims.
    In the end, people will buy what they want at the time, and complain later if it is not what they expected, I would probably be fine at 1.5 gigs since I don't think I have ever used a gig on ST on any of my phones.
    With all this muss and fuss there is still choice, and people who are not excited with STs shady practices are still free to use any number of the other AT&T, TMobile, Sprint or Verizon MVNOs.
    AmericanMovels three services may be the largest in the US, but they are not the only.

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    Ok let me get this straight.Net10 has the 1.5 Gb for 30 days.You use it up before your 30 days it is sol till your 30 days are up.

Feedback Score

OFFICIAL: NET10 1.5gb limit on at&t SIM discussion thread

Yea I think I mentioned this in the ST forum, I am really not a fan of set limits. Especially when it's so darn little. I've said it before, I gotta give credit where it's due, ST saved my azz during the hurricane last year when I had no wifi at the house for a week I was force to use ST as a hotspot for my iPhone and two iPads...I used like 3.9GB more than usual during those 2 weeks and it saved me...I got all my news, live tv, announcements, and streaming radio when there was nothing else to do so..

If it helps me once every two years, I'm grateful. That's where net10 would fail me. But they're both still great values as they are.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Ok let me get this straight.Net10 has the 1.5 Gb for 30 days.You use it up before your 30 days it is sol till your 30 days are up.
    You would have to activate another SIM, which would be expensive and your service on both SIMS would overlap for part of the 30 days. The possibilities/details for this are complicated. Maybe for an emergency situation.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast