Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: NET10 1.5gb limit on at&t SIM discussion thread

Carrier(s)
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Is the 1.5GB plan throttled at all?

There's been a lot of different things I've heard about the 1.5GB limit. Some people say if you go over the limit, you are permanently throttled. Others say there are no throttles, just a cut-off at 1.5GB. So I wanted to make a thread to see what you all have experienced with this plan.

Feedback Score

Re: Is the 1.5GB plan throttled at all?

Can you also use your 1.5 gigs however you want?

Sent from my PantechP9070 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    i'm interested in these answers too. is there a 100mb limit per day like ST? that permanent throttling rumor on ST scares me.

edit: just read the sticky. theres mention that net10 permanently throttles too
    i think maybe i'll just avoid both companies. just seems too risky.
    Last edited by zeen; 04-11-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Feedback Score

Re: Is the 1.5GB plan throttled at all?

Net10 wil disable your data after the 1.5GB mark or more.. to my sister ir was after 1.8GBs once the system refreshed usage I guess. Once her month renewed it automatically comes back on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Device(s)
    Samsung A900 Flashed to Cricket
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Communications
    Feedback Score
    You can use your 1.5 however you want.

I used to get throttled after 2-3 days every month. This has been my first month without them throttling me, and I've used 1gb.

Vogue Roms

EXT = Custom

Touch Pro Roms

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    You get unthrottled data up to 1.5gb's... Then data is cut off. I can't say about permanent throttling after hitting the 1.5gb limit as I only used net10 for a month before switching back to straight talk AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Ok let me get this straight.Net10 has the 1.5 Gb for 30 days.You use it up before your 30 days it is sol till your 30 days are up.
    I got cut off around the 4th of April after going over the cap. I was fine with that because I switched from At&t and didn't like them and their greedy service. I figured that when my new month rolled around, my data and MMS would be back. Right? I mean, that IS how they make it appear....

WELL NET 10 IS A FRAUDULENT COMPANY.

Even though I reloaded on the 5th, since my due date was not till the 13th, I found out, or so I thought, that I would have to wait until the 13th to get my data and MMS working again. Wrong. Even when the 13th rolled around and my new month kicked in, I still don't get
    data and I have tried everything.

By the way, a phone call to Net 10's customer service is one big hot mess.

Stay as far away from this company as possible. They stink.

And the worst part was that I set up auto renew with my credit card and you know what that means especially with a rotten, fraudulent international company like Net 10.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I keep getting horrible data speeds on Net10 to no resolution other than check APN. I mean a few kbps, no connection to Google. Oddly, I'm still happy enough - kinda. It's so cheap..

Feedback Score
    Oddly, I'm still happy enough - kinda. It's so cheap..
    Eh, cheap? I'm getting voice only for $50 a month. That's not cheap. Even on my old flip phone I could send pictures inside of a text message and that was costing me $20 a month.
    I can't even send pictures now with Net10 -- that's not cheap, that is FRAUD.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann1003 View Post
    Eh, cheap? I'm getting voice only for $50 a month. That's not cheap. Even on my old flip phone I could send pictures inside of a text message and that was costing me $20 a month.
    I can't even send pictures now with Net10 -- that's not cheap, that is FRAUD.
    Text isn't working for you either?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Johann1003 View Post

By the way, a phone call to Net 10's customer service is one big hot mess.

Stay as far away from this company as possible. They stink.

And the worst part was that I set up auto renew with my credit card and you know what that means especially with a rotten, fraudulent international company like Net 10.

I have been having issues for 2 months already and still no fix. I am very tired of being with this company, customer service sucks! Very true what you said!

Feedback Score

Angry Data suspended - talking to Net10 is like chasing my own tail

Towards the end of March I reached my data limit of 1.5 gb and my data was suspended. No problem, I thought, I have auto-refill set up and in a couple days it will kick it for April and my data will work again. WRONG

8 days later, nothing. I call 7 times and try to explain my situation only to be transferred every time to an automated data overusage hotline (or something like that) that tells me my data has been suspended and will be reinstated 24 hours after adding a new airtime card. I keep telling them that I am enrolled in auto-refill so the airtime card WAS added (I can make calls and text no problem)...8 days ago.

I finally get one native english speaker who assured me he was transferring me over to a live person who could help me....it is a live person, but she clearly doesn't understand my situation as she keeps trying to transfer me to the automated recording to "explain why your data has been suspended". I keep telling her I know why, I don't care, why/how can I get my data back and running. She finally says that because I didn't call in March to notify them that my data was suspended, I will have to wait until May (and how do I know that will happen?). This is ridiculous and can't be true. I have paid for this month.

At the same time I have been trying to post my issue on the net10 forums but my posts haven't been approved by a moderator. A net10 rep did contact me on howardforums via PM for something else and I brought up my issue. The response to me explaining that I did add an airtime card because I was enrolled in autorefill?

"It's supposed to do that. We're glad to know that you're able to utilize our Auto-refill program. Auto-refill is the most convenient way to refill your phone..."

Is this a joke? I'm about to tear my hair out.

Anyone else have this issue and get it resolves? Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Feedback Score
    I was cut off at precisely 1.5 gb. Since my new service plan, 10 days ago via auto-refill, my data has still not been reinstated! How was yours automatically renewed? Did you manually add an airtime card?

Feedback Score
    Call the headquarters number at 305-715-6500.

It is becoming more and more obvious that Net10 started this Unlimited business without the ability to run it properly. I can't say that I'm surprised. The Tracfone Auto-whatever programs are unreliable also, and they've had plenty of time to refine them.

Feedback Score
    how did you get your service suspended, that's very odd.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast