Thread: Can't get LG505c to update

Feedback Score

Can't get LG505c to update

I have a Tracfone LG505C that I want to update with the latest software from LG. I downloaded and installed all the latest drivers and the LG Mobile Support Tool to my laptop (Dell w/Win7 Ultimate). The tool finds my phone via USB cable, says it is connected and there is later software available then activates the "Update" button. It starts the "Update" process, a new window opens. The first step says "Analyzing" then "Checking phone connection". Gets to 25% then says "Problem with phone connection, disconnect USB cable, remove and reinstall battery, attach cable then click Restart button". I do that.
    It starts the process over, gets to the same 25% number when checking the phone connection and I get the same error. Tried 2 USB cables and a different USB port but still NG. My laptop does see the phone in "My Computer" and I can see my photos and other stuff on the phone. I did remove the micro SD card as it is part of the instructions. Have repeated this many times with same results.

Current SW Version is LG505TV3
    PRL Version is 59322
    PRI Version is LG505C_USA_LG_PRI_TracFone_05

Any guidance is appreciated as I am pretty technically challenged about cell phones.

Feedback Score
    Tracfones have custom software. While a lot of the original LG programming is in there, there is a significant amount of Tracfone-specific stuff having to do with the prepaid business. This Tracfone prepaid stuff is highly secure, so that you can't mess with your airtime. Any attempt to access even innocent things with a usb cable is going to fail. There is just an overall lock. Obviously, they access the programming at the factory, but they have access codes.

The only allowable usb access is to the SD card. If you use a bluetooth connection, you can access the phone itself, but only things like pictures, etc., that are yours.

You are free to update the PRL, obviously.