Thread: setting up alert reminders on a LG840G tracfone

Feedback Score

setting up alert reminders on a LG840G tracfone

Hello,

I just bought the LG840G tracphone after having to turn in my Blackberry at work. I am having a problem in that I do not know when someone has called or left a message (either text or voice). with the blackberry, there is a light that would flash green all of the time and when there was a message, it would flash red. my friend has a phone with verizon and she can set separate reminders for every function (missed call, text, voice) and her phone will beep at the interval that she set.

is there a way to do this on my phone. the documentation that comes with the phone is not that good and I am not the smartest when it comes to working a cell phone.

any help would be appreciated.

Tim

Phone
    s390g,Droid x2
    Carrier
    Tracfone (att sim)(Verison)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lanccohix View Post
    Hello,

I just bought the LG840G tracphone after having to turn in my Blackberry at work. I am having a problem in that I do not know when someone has called or left a message (either text or voice). with the blackberry, there is a light that would flash green all of the time and when there was a message, it would flash red. my friend has a phone with verizon and she can set separate reminders for every function (missed call, text, voice) and her phone will beep at the interval that she set.

is there a way to do this on my phone. the documentation that comes with the phone is not that good and I am not the smartest when it comes to working a cell phone.

any help would be appreciated.

Tim
    You can set the alert tone by going to sound settings,then click on message tone go to alert interval click on that,then you can choose different intervals from once, 2,5,10,or 15 mins. then will remind you untill you ck it. hope that helps

Feedback Score
    Dyke,

I just set that up and tried it. it works great.

thanks for the quick help on this.