Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to get an at&t SIM or Micro-SIM on Net10

Feedback Score
    I have an att sim card in a iphone3. I followed the steps - How to get an at&t SIM or Micro-SIM on Net10 - and got the phone to work. I can send picture text messages now so that is a plus (could not do that before doing this). My question is how do I know if I'm using net10 and if so what do I use to refill minutes. ATT or Net10?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick48 View Post
    I have an att sim card in a iphone3. I followed the steps - How to get an at&t SIM or Micro-SIM on Net10 - and got the phone to work. I can send picture text messages now so that is a plus (could not do that before doing this). My question is how do I know if I'm using net10 and if so what do I use to refill minutes. ATT or Net10?
    you would need to buy the net10 $50/month refill card since you are using a net10 byop sim

Feedback Score
    Does it have to be the $50 card? Would the $30 60 day work?
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick48 View Post
    Does it have to be the $50 card? Would the $30 60 day work?
    Thank you
    Edit: I've been corrected and only the $50 unlimited card will work. Sorry for the mistake.
    Last edited by enginuity2; 07-02-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by enginuity2 View Post
    $30 card should still work.
    if he's using the byop sim he has to use the $50/month refill.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Or buy the Net10 AT&T sims on amazon for .59 cents pop. I just bought a pack of 10 for like 8 after taxes. Free shipping. No use in paying $15 for one at stores or their website. I always buy them from amazon.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGermanSeller View Post
    Yeah he's right but we don't charge $15 buddy, and who really needs 8 SIM cards?? Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using HoFo mobile app
    For loop holes you may not know of. I happily enjoy unlimited, non throttled data on Net10. I average about 10gb a month, sometimes more. I'm not breaking any rules or terms and conditions. Just their too stupid to design a system that works correctly and we the customers enjoy the benefits from it.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    w370
    Carrier(s)
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Using the 41314 zip code on the Net10 site returns a statement that indicates they will be sending a T-Mobile sim card.

"Important Information

In order to Activate your service, you will need an Airtime PIN or a credit card and a GSM T-Mobile phone or an unlocked GSM phone compatible with this company"
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I'm wondering if you have to pay for the sim using this method. I looked on the Net10 website a while back, and they were charging $15 for the AT&T SIM card.

I just bought 2 AT&T sims for $1.65 on Ebay and activated one with a discounted refill from Ebay, and it worked flawlessly once I found the right APN settings here on HoFo.
    I just activated an AT&T Net10 sim that I bought for $0.99 off ebay. Working flawlessly so far.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    They really REALLY want everyone on T-Mobile service and are pushing hard to accomplish that. Almost every zip code offers only the single size T-Mobile SIM, even if T-Mobile service is poor where you are or your Smartphone was last used with AT&T service, so you would have to unlock it for T-Mobile.

Go ahead and use your zip code and if all you see is the single T-Mobile Sim offered to you. then look up at the URL and change GSM5 to GSM4 and hit enter or refresh and you will then see only the two sized AT&T SIM`s offered to you. There will be no need to correct your shipping zip code later.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking at buying an iPhone 3GS to use on net10, will this model work and can I use the SIM in the phone, or do I need to buy a new SIM Card? Can I use your instructions to get this phone onto net10 too? Thanks for your help!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Net10 will only activate one of their own BYOD SIM cards with the unlimited plan. Suggest you stay with the provider (AT&T or T-Mobile) the phone was set up to use. I-phones are more difficult than Android to get fully functional with Net10 or sister company Straight Talk, so do more reading before you decide. Also check the ST forum since there are only slight differences: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...-Straight-Talk.

Feedback Score
    i currently have net10 pre paid 30 day unlimited on a LG Optimus Dynamic phone. Can i take that sim card out cut it down and throw it in my unlocked ATT iphone 4?

Feedback Score

Net 10 ATT Blue BYOP Micro Sim

Quote Originally Posted by prettibwoy View Post
    i currently have net10 pre paid 30 day unlimited on a LG Optimus Dynamic phone. Can i take that sim card out cut it down and throw it in my unlocked ATT iphone 4?
    If it is the blue (on the back) BYOP sim card then yes you can cut it down and use it. If it is a white(on the back) Sim card that came with the phone there's a chance it may not work. I have had it work some times and cause problems others. You can get the sim cards pre cut at pickyoursim dot com or on ebay then just call 611 and ask them to transfer your service to the new sim card.

You will have to use any tmobile sim card to do a sim swap to program your apn settings manually in order to use MMS. You can get those settings here on the forums.

Or if MMS isn't a big deal you can download the net 10 profile.

Feedback Score
    You can get one on eBay for $.99 shipped

via the HoFo App

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast