Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to get an at&t SIM or Micro-SIM on Net10

Feedback Score
    I hope you guys are still around to be able to dish out some advice please.

Here's the scenario!

Looking to buy a refurbished samsung exhilarate android phone (unlocked) off amazon.
    Want to use Net10 service.
    Would love to use the $25 a month package.

Now my questions.

1) According to gsmarena, the phone uses a mini-sim so do i search amazon for a net10 mini sim?
    2) Can I get a mini-sim off amazon and what do I look for? (I am looking on amazon at the moment but....)
    3) Would I be able to use a $25 a month plan for the basic of needs as I will almost all the time be in a wi fi area?
    4) Using the area code method, are we purchasing a net10 card or an AT&T card?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Hi Mia

I have a basic phone with net10 and its $25 a month and would like to activate a smartphone I hope to get in the next week on a net10 plan, which is your cheapest data plan or can be transfer the basic phone number to the smartphone and pay for the cheapest unlimited plan which has talk text and data?

Cheers

Wayne

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Sorry for posting here but 2 private messages seem to be too much for my box.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I followed you advice and ordered 2 AT&T sim Chios from net10 for $.99 each.
    I am porting over two AT&T numbers to net10 on unlocked iPhone 4 and 4s.
    I travel to an area where here is no t-mobile signal and wanted the AT&T sim.
    Used the net10 website to activate the sims to avoid their customer service and within 30 minutes there phone number was ported over.
    Here is my question.....
    I have not changed any apn or mms setting and my messings, email on cellular and Internet all are working perfectly on and off wifi. This is great but WHY did I not need to change the apn setting. Is it because I was previously on AT&T with these iPhones and they all ready had the proper setting to go with my net10-AT&T sim???
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    I am using the AT&T sim and the $75 two phone plan working well

via the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why not join cricket .. Get better quality data and a cheaper bill ($70) no tax

Feedback Score
    Cricket not in my area

Feedback Score
    You can order mini sim directly from net10 online for $.99

Feedback Score
    Disagreed ok the better quality data - net10 is hands down better and unthrottled on at&t sim.

Device(s)
    Help me get my little girl off the phone! She talks too much causing her mommy a lot of money!
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Buy the LG Sunrise LGL15G, that will work as a friend swapped theirs into a GSM phone and missed having to pay the Tracfone SIM activation kit! SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY AND HEADACHES!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by medontknow View Post
    Buy the LG Sunrise LGL15G, that will work as a friend swapped theirs into a GSM phone and missed having to pay the Tracfone SIM activation kit! SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY AND HEADACHES!
    The kit costs $3 on Walmart.com and $1 at Dollar General.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Yes, as long as you are staying on the AT&T network that is why the iPhones did not need adjusting. By the way cricket is also on the AT&T network, very good value if you use a lot of data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    The kit costs $3 on Walmart.com and $1 at Dollar General.
    DG is a weirdest place i have been to: they advertise things they don't carry in stores or order online"
    In store they only have Net10 SIM Kit for $10.
    Online they advertise Tracfone Sim Kit for $0.99 but you can't place an order: you get some kind of error after they verify Zip code and approve of it; you get an error when you place an order every time I tried (5times).
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anikaperi View Post
    Yes, as long as you are staying on the AT&T network that is why the iPhones did not need adjusting. By the way cricket is also on the AT&T network, very good value if you use a lot of data
    nikaperi, can boost or sprint phones be BYOP'd to Tracfone?? I see a lot of second hand phones on sale privately in my area... does it matter if they are locked?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    nikaperi, can boost or sprint phones be BYOP'd to Tracfone?? I see a lot of second hand phones on sale privately in my area... does it matter if they are locked?
    No, they have to be AT&T GSM or Verizon CDMA ...... if they were usable, you'd be reading about them all over here .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast