Thread: SUCCESS NET10 Verizon BYOP!

Phones
    Droid MAXX
    Droid MAXX
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score

SUCCESS NET10 Verizon BYOP!

Well that was a ton of fun waiting but it went rather smooth.

I have a VZW iPhone 4 now working on Net10... this phone was previously on Page Plus (But long inactive) so we can throw that question out the window.

PRL is version 59325 I will go check the "Roaming" later. From my experience on Net 10 I typically get txting roaming and I can receive calls... that is about it.

The "Banner" is blank and under settings for Network it says "Unavailable".
    3G speeds seem the same as typical VZW... we do not have 4G in our area so about 1mx1m

After the online activation it took about a hour to going from a VZW Humax phone, *22890 worked like all other phones.

In "My Account" it simply shows a card and my ESN.... so the $15 fee is just to add the ESN to their database.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post

PRL is version 59325 I will go check the "Roaming" later. From my experience on Net 10 I typically get txting roaming and I can receive calls... that is about it.
    Interesting, if CDMA BYOD offers any roaming, as their other CDMA options do not. 59325 I think I got 59326 on a phone the other evening maybe a generic Verizon PRL as opposed to a specific TF/NET10/ST version?

In "My Account" it simply shows a card and my ESN.... so the $15 fee is just to add the ESN to their database.
    Makes sense, hell Verizon gets $35 to punch one key. LOL.

Feedback Score

I have a VZW iPhone 4 now working on Net10... this phone was previously on Page Plus (But long inactive) so we can throw that question out the window.

3G speeds seem the same as typical VZW... we do not have 4G in our area so about 1mx1m

After the online activation it took about a hour to going from a VZW Humax phone, *22890 worked like all other phones.

Good to hear. One more official Verizon option now out there. Basic byod (no non Verizon or LTE for example) but okay.

Page Plus has nothing to fear though because of its superior byod, and greater range of plans though.

Phones
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 5 (Verizon)
    iPhone 4S (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I'm not so sure Page has nothing to fear. Enterprising folks will start putting a whole lot of devices on NET10/ST CDMA BYOD that weren't "officially" allowed.

Phones
    Droid MAXX
    Droid MAXX
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    I have a 5 enroute... darn skippy. I am somewhat torn because I suckered for a Pioneer Appradio which will not work with the 5 so I am in a sweet spot right now... Wish I had a 4S but better than nothing.

Phones
    Droid MAXX
    Droid MAXX
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    On a side note when selecting the device there was a lot of "Other" blanks where you did not have to define the specific phone... might be an open door like PP. I did not really want to chance $15 on something I did not want since I had a phone already that qualified...

One thing that caught my eye was iPhone 5 in the drop down. So are they going to give you the TF carrier file over Wifi? Might take some hacking but I am definitely willing to do that to get a 5 on without paying full retail.

Feedback Score
    Does Net10 have BYOP for Verizon(CDMA) service? I could not find it on it's website, it only says GSM phones....

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr2069 View Post
    Does Net10 have BYOP for Verizon(CDMA) service? I could not find it on it's website, it only says GSM phones....
    www.net10byop.com
    Past providers: Page Plus, AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Straight Talk
    Past phones: Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    Has anyone activated an iPhone5 on cdma? It is listed in the drop down as one of the phones that can be activated.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

SUCCESS NET10 Verizon BYOP!

Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    Has anyone activated an iPhone5 on cdma? It is listed in the drop down as one of the phones that can be activated.
    It s listed as one of the phones you can check to see if it can be activated, but since you cannot activate LTE devices, an iPhone 5 should come back as not being able to be activated. The only 5 that should be able to be activated is the Straight Talk one, but it says you cannot activate ST phones on Net10, so I seems all iPhone 5s would not activate.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    UGH...

I have a verizon iPhone 4 that has a clean ESN, Verizon says it's able to be activated, howardforums' esn checker comes back as being clean, but it will not activate it on the page.

So far I've added two iPhones without issues...

They all have had numbers as follows:

A100001CXXXXXX

The one that will not activate is:

A1000033XXXXXX

Of course I sent it off to one of my customers who bought a phone and wants to use it with Verizon coverage... ugh....

It's quite frustrating to say the least...
    I buy broken/used iPhones (4 & 4S) on any carrier! PM me info about your phone and your asking price and I'll get back to you!

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    I don't see anything there except T-Mobile service.

Feedback Score
    program was pulled. more info on straight talk forum. yet another reason for net10 monthly to be merged with ST.

Phone
    VZ Bionic PPL
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Unhappy

How did you get this to work ??? PLZ HELP
    Rocking Rooted Bionic on PPL

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by christinamg82 View Post
    How did you get this to work ??? PLZ HELP
    They stopped allowing VZW iphone activations when they brought the program back. Most likely because ST sells full price iPhones that run on VZW