Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can I use a Verizon iPhone 4s with Straight Talk

Feedback Score

How can I use a Verizon iPhone 4s with Straight Talk

I have read a LOT and I have seen some people actually get a verizon iphone 4s to work with straight talk. Their phone was said to have been unlocked. I also read someone say that it isn't true and that it was just advertisement. I'm not really sure what to believe here. I'm new to the whole iphone business and I don't know much.

The main thing I want to figure out is how to use a verizon iphone 4s with Straight Talk under the verizon network. I'll do whatever necessary steps. If the verizon network is IMPOSSIBLE then I'd like to know if it's possible at all to use my new iphone I had just bought. I was a costumer at Page Plus and they said that they don't activate iphones which made me pretty upset because they don't advertise that anywhere. They said not to believe any other agents of advertisement and that they simply aren't allowed to activate ANY iphone. So now I'm stuck with Straight Talk and I want to get the $45/monthly plan to work.

Much thanks appreciated for the help.

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They're in the process of launching a bring your own phone for Verizon phones. It's not launched yet, but the site will be:
    www.straighttalkbyop.com

However, they have launched that same service at the sister company, Net10.
    www.net10byop.com

Net10 is $5 more a month.

Page Plus does activate iPhone 4s phones - I had a dealer add it for me via eBay. Had it active for half a year without any issues.
    Past providers: Page Plus, AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Straight Talk
    Past phones: Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    you arent stuck with ST. did you look in the page plus forum? theres a few topics there in about getting iphones to work. for example http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4-on-page-plus

Feedback Score
    You can also get a GPP sim from Ebay and use a Tmo or Att Straight talk sim.

Feedback Score
    On StraightTalk's web site, it says any phone with a SIM.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 that was a verizon upgrade.

I've been looking to use that on StraightTalk but the Walmart guy wouldn't allow it.

Anyone know how to get around that or use it with PagePlus?

Thanks, Bracha

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post

Page Plus does activate iPhone 4s phones - I had a dealer add it for me via eBay. Had it active for half a year without any issues.
    How did you get them to activate it? I literally chatted through their chat system with 3 different support members and they all told me that Page Plus isn't allowed to activate Iphones.

Although, I kind of really like ST's $45/monthly deal. So as of now I can't activate my verizon iphone 4s through ST through any means? I keep hearing things about unlocking and then going to WalMart and buying a SIM and it might work or something.

Feedback Score
    did you look in the page plus forum buzzle? theres a lot of info regarding iphones over there.

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBunnie View Post
    On StraightTalk's web site, it says any phone with a SIM.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 that was a verizon upgrade.

I've been looking to use that on StraightTalk but the Walmart guy wouldn't allow it.

Anyone know how to get around that or use it with PagePlus?

Thanks, Bracha
    Although it's a world phone, from what I've read it doesn't support 3G in the US. Straight Talk and Page Plus don't allow 4G LTE phones. You'd have to find someone to flash it to just use 3G. Or sell it and buy another phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzle View Post
    How did you get them to activate it? I literally chatted through their chat system with 3 different support members and they all told me that Page Plus isn't allowed to activate Iphones.

Although, I kind of really like ST's $45/monthly deal. So as of now I can't activate my verizon iphone 4s through ST through any means? I keep hearing things about unlocking and then going to WalMart and buying a SIM and it might work or something.
    I got one of the dealers on eBay to add it for me for a $1.

I still don't get why Page Plus themselves are hesitant to activate iPhones - Straight Talk/Net10 say they're allowed and Verizon only prohibits LTE and prepaid devices. Maybe it's an old rule before LTE/iPhone 5 came out.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I just activated on net10... you can buy refills on eBay for $35 so it's a pretty good deal... you'll also pay $14.99 to be able to activate the phone on the service.

Very good deals though... page plus can't really hold a candle to it at this point.
    I buy broken/used iPhones (4 & 4S) on any carrier! PM me info about your phone and your asking price and I'll get back to you!

Carriers
    T-Mobile prepaid
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Re: How can I use a Verizon iPhone 4s with Straight Talk

Quote Originally Posted by bpaulson View Post
    I just activated on net10... you can buy refills on eBay for $35 so it's a pretty good deal... you'll also pay $14.99 to be able to activate the phone on the service.

Very good deals though... page plus can't really hold a candle to it at this point.
    Are you able to see qty of minutes/texts/data used on net 10? That is one aspect of ppc I do like. I recall reading they were going to update the st website to allow similar viewing capability.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using HowardForums

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    The unlimited portion they may not keep up with. On metered plans on ST you can.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't show minutes used or data used on net10... I guess I never care about that sort of stuff though.

Carrier
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score

How can I use a Verizon iPhone 4s with Straight Talk

you can absolutely use an at&t straight talk sim with a verizon 4S. And if you do, you'll get 4G HSPA data speed... far faster then the crappy 3G offered by verizon straight talk. you do have to get a GPP sim from ebay but it absolutely 100% works. ive done it myself.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    You can activate a Verizon iPhone 4 or 4s on Page Plus. Just do an online activation or port through one of the dealers online forms. The official policy about iPhones on Page Plus is that they don't activate them, but the 4 and 4s will activate, out of the box, as long as it has a clean ESN.

I activated my iPhone 4 using a dealers online form about a year and a half ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgg View Post
    You can activate a Verizon iPhone 4 or 4s on Page Plus. Just do an online activation or port through one of the dealers online forms. The official policy about iPhones on Page Plus is that they don't activate them, but the 4 and 4s will activate, out of the box, as long as it has a clean ESN.

I activated my iPhone 4 using a dealers online form about a year and a half ago.
    This is what the people from Page Plus are telling me through chat:

"4G LTE devices (with MEIDs starting 990000) are not compatible with our system. They are able to be activated by dropping the last digit of the IMEI (99000) but they are not able to be programmed with OTA (*22890 or *228) and unable to be manually programmed. Unfortunately, there is not much we know to get these devices working at this time. Do you want me to use this device anyway?"

that's after I sent them my MEID number and phone number.

then I asked what the heck that means and they responded.

"In other words, our system will accept the IMEI if we drop the last digit, so we can activate. But a phone will not work without programming, our usual programming methods do not work for these phones so we can't help you to get it working. You'll have to find your own programming methods and there's no guarantee that it'll work."

Pretty much telling me the phone won't work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast