Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Flashed phone and not able to get MMS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Will someone go into the below link and test their MMS by sending a text to yourself? I tried the site for both text and MMS and the regular text will work but I can't send a picture text.

http://www.textport.com/send_picture.aspx
    Even if apn settings are incorrect, I believe you should be able to receive mms. You just can't send mms

Feedback Score
    Wrong screen. What do you see when you go to view?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pcwireless View Post
    Even if apn settings are incorrect, I believe you should be able to receive mms. You just can't send mms
    I can't send or receive mms.

Feedback Score
    When going to view I see:

Date Profile
    EVDO
    Advanced USB Charging
    EHRPD
    Others...AHA, I see MMSC url which is http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms (that is what I typed into the go SMS pro if I'm not mistaken).

Feedback Score
    You did apn backup restore correctly, so I don't see why it's not working. Stock sms will not work. In settings in stock SMS, make sure auto-retrieve is checked. Are you using go sms to send mms?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pcwireless View Post
    You did apn backup restore correctly, so I don't see why it's not working. Stock sms will not work. In settings in stock SMS, make sure auto-retrieve is checked. Are you using go sms to send mms?
    I know. It's a mystery why it isn't working. That's why I think it's something simple somewhere that I'm overlooking. I think it's something simple and obvious that I will be so embarrassed about not seeing that I will never be able to show my face around here anymore.

I prefer stock MMS. So I do send regular texts using that. But I've tested sending out picture texts with both just to see and neither will send or receive pictures. I don't get it.

Auto receive was already checked in stock app.

Thanks for all you did tonight in helping to troubleshoot. I'm sure you're sleepy and tired. You must be on the west coast because it's 1:49am here.

Have a good night.

Feedback Score
    Pm sent.........

Feedback Score
    Ok. Again, I want to thank everyone for their help and patience with me as I was trying to fix this. Y'all are the best!!

It is working. I have no idea why all of a sudden it is working but I'm so excited. Y'all just don't know. It was frustrating the heck out of me. What especially is nice is I can use the stock mms and not have to use Go SMS pro. My MMS messages are coming up on the stock and I reply with the stock....love it.

I was playing around with it this morning and decided to check my yahoo email which is what I used when sending the test MMS texts from here: http://www.textport.com/send_picture.aspx

I didn't realize this site was sending my yahoo email error messages such as this: Message could not be delivered to mobile. Error: No valid recipients for this MM and the extension on my phone # showed as vzwpix.com. I thought well maybe I wasn't receiving because it thought I had Verizon as my carrier (it never prompted me to select a carrier). But then I realized that regular texts went through so that couldn't be it (could it?) Wouldn't they use the same extension after my phone #?

Anyway, of course I knew it had to be some simple crazy reason on my part and sure enough. I knew it was something I was doing wrong.

The rooting and resetting must have done the trick. Thanks saj070 for your help and links and encouragement. This morning I was MMSing a friend and we were sending pics back and forth and I was so excited. It's just so nice to have a nice phone and to have it function properly.

Now I have to read up more on rooting and figure out some advantages and things I can do.

Anyone care to comment on this?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2013463

I am tempted, but will read up on it first....only 500+ pages. It seems to do a lot. I like the fact it claims to turn off camera shutter and I like that it increases volume. I have the Speaker Boost (mostly to increase alarm volume) but wouldn't mind some of the other features. I'll be needing to learn kernals and all that other lingo but I enjoy learning. Soon I'll be on here giving others advice. ha There are certainly some impressive brainiacs in this forum.

Thanks again everyone!!

Feedback Score
    finally i told you it not that hard.

rooting advantage is you can now load custom ROM - carefully you will be addicted to flashing ROM'S lol

i use goodness 9.05 i love that rom it has everything you need but on xda there is 20 ROMS you can try everyone is little different some people like stock some people like themes and soforth.

well enjoy have fun remember now you are rooted i would do this first before you do anything.

got into recovery and make a nandroid backup to your sd card what it does is make a backup image of your phone exactly the way it is.

say you mess up or lose your phone settings or FC error you can factory reset and then go into recovery and restore the phone the date and time you made a backup and it will be like nothing has ever happen

this feature has saved me hours of headache and frustration

it a great feature

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
    got into recovery and make a nandroid backup to your sd card what it does is make a backup image of your phone exactly the way it is.
    Ok, this sounds like something I definitely need to do. Since I am not yet the expert, can you help with where to find Recovery? I know I know, I have a long way to go. I went into settings and don't see any recovery options. I see back up and reset, but don't think that's it.

Is this something I do with the Titanium app.? I'll need to read up on that app so I know what the purpose of it is.

Feedback Score
    XDA has plenty of threads on each of the recovery and how to use i would go there and use youtube they have plenty of tutorial. it easy to search and watch than me to explain it all as all this is already explained and showed in very deep detail.

you can back up all your apps and setting with titanium back up so you can restore all of them anytime you like.

Recovery is a file you loaded at the time of rooting.

turn of the phone and then depending with recovery you loaded there is two CWM or TWRP

CWM = ClockwordRom

TRWP = Touchwarp Recovery touch screen

I think you have CWM. that uses hard buttons to select options

when phone is off press volume up / home / and power button simultaneously

as soon as you see blue text on top left corner release all the buttons you will be in recovery mode.

from there select backup and thats it.

if you install a custom rom when you turn off your phone it will give you an option to shut down/recovery.download but you will need custom rom.

Again i suggest goto XDA and youtube it all there and it not hard this is the easy part and the fun part hard work is done.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. and I agree that I have a lot of research and youtubes and forums reading to do. That XDA does seem to have a lot of helpful info.

And Yay, the recovery sounds easy and I actually think I understand.

Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have a flashed phone unrooted and was unable to send or receive mms. Using my WiFi at home, open up a web browser and type in mms.ihavegreat.info download now I have working mms. This only works using data from your phone. Very good thread with lots of info. I can see I have a lot to learn but how I did get mms to work was easy. A no brainer approach.

Phones
    Galaxy s3
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I use the following url to get MMS on the phones that I flash at my store. It works about 90% of the time, and has been successful on all of the S3's: tinyurl.com/pageplusmms
    Make sure you have unknown sources checked. This installs a third-party app called Page Plus Messages. It works on NextG as well.

Phone
    Samsung Fascinate JB 4.1.2
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Just FYI, I just installed the Verizon Messages apk on my phone and it downloads MMS pics right away. Before, even with the MMS settings on Go SMS, sometimes I would still have to disable wifi in order for it to download. This Verizon Messages app downloads it right away even with wifi still turned on. Cool.
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 ReVolt 4.2.2
    SD Card: 32GB Class 10 MicroSD

Free Minus.com Storage >> http://min.us/r3gHAw7 / http://min.us/rbeSEYmr
    Free Dropbox Storage >> http://db.tt/f3xRznQe
    Free Copy.com Storage >> https://copy.com?r=gxoUiw

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast