Thread: Softbank/Docomo phone question

Device(s)
    705Px
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Softbank/Docomo phone question

I have one softbank phone and one Docomo phone (705p softbank, p906i Docomo) and I've used them on Canadian networks already.

I remember hearing a statement about telling me to never turn one of these on without a sim card in it or it will lock the phone up. I think it was softbank?
    Can anyone confirm this?

I believe I was told one was okay to turn on without a sim card and the phone would still work (as much as a phone will without a sim card) but I was told the other one would totally lock itself up and never work again even with a sim going in.

Can anyone confirm this? I am swapping now to a new phone, but it means I am swapping to a micro SIM since the Docomo used a regular sim card, so it will disable it, my question is, can I still turn on my Docomo P906i in the future without a working sim and still be able to access things like the camera ? Or will this all stop functioning without a working sim? (I don't mean the phone working as a phone, just the other programs such as a camera)

Thank you!

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    That was only a SoftBank multimedia restriction. Didn't affect docomos. I still have some random docomos that I let the battery completely go flat and everything but the multimedia stuff still remained.

...............man that reminds me of the old days with the 920SH and all that shananigans.

It's all good (^_^)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...668534-IonNuke <<< My Feedback... rising from the dead.

Everyone's on their own for hypersims. I'm out har har har har har~~~~

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    C'mon we all remember when the 920SH was state-of-the-art!

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    Cycloid flip screen was nifty after all~~~~

Feedback Score
    Hi, I have a 705P panasonic softbank. Until now i was not able to use it as it will not accept any regular simcards. Can you please help how to unlock this phone? I bought hypersim online but does not work. Please help! Thanks!

Device(s)
    705Px
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey Fabcanver,

Regarding your 705p I have some questions.

1) Have you ever gotten the phone to work (as in, it has signal, so make calls etc?)

2) Did you turn your phone on WITHOUT A HYPER SIM? EVER?

If you did number 2, then you're probably screwed. The phone and its apps lock to the user that first uses it....so they're perma locked as far as I know and I have never figured out a hard reset.

Example: I had a hypersim + sim card and then got a new sim card, well any games I played using my first sim + Hypersim were permanently locked to that sim card user that no longer exists.

Basically, if you turned this phone on without the proper stuff hypersim etc, you've screwed your phone over.
    I was told by the person who sold me it (new in box) that the phone locks itself if you do it wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachi_Komo View Post
    Hey Fabcanver,

Regarding your 705p I have some questions.

1) Have you ever gotten the phone to work (as in, it has signal, so make calls etc?)

2) Did you turn your phone on WITHOUT A HYPER SIM? EVER?

If you did number 2, then you're probably screwed. The phone and its apps lock to the user that first uses it....so they're perma locked as far as I know and I have never figured out a hard reset.

Example: I had a hypersim + sim card and then got a new sim card, well any games I played using my first sim + Hypersim were permanently locked to that sim card user that no longer exists.

Basically, if you turned this phone on without the proper stuff hypersim etc, you've screwed your phone over.
    I was told by the person who sold me it (new in box) that the phone locks itself if you do it wrong.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I haven't ever used this phone before. My cousin just gave it to me and yes i have turn ON the phone many times without SIM or Hypersim. Tried to buy hypersim online but didn't work. So this phone is as good as trash? No other resolution you know? Thanks again for the response. Have a nice day!