Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Ranking the Att mvnos

Feedback Score

Ranking the Att mvnos

This is completely subjective but since there are a reasonable amount but not impossible to keep track number of them unlike Tmobile/Sprint mvnos. Here goes.

1)Air Voice. Best CS and wide range of plans. Closest to Page Plus but like all Att mvnos lacks more then 1-2gb high speed data. Overage rates need work.

2)Good 2 Go. Close to Air Voice in CS quality. Decent range of plans. Good overage rates.

3)Pure Talk. Best priced 1 gig plus unlimited talk text Att based plan out there. US based CS. Overage rates need work.

4)Net10 Att. Once "unlimited" now 1.5 gigs thanks to Data miser Att. Still a good bang for the buck. Dismal CS. No overage or is it throttling?

5)Red Pocket. Except for their 2gig full speed data plan and $30 unlimited talk/text/mms/10 meg plan, one step above garbage. Once you hit two gigs you're out of luck.

6)H20. Garbage.

Att gophone rates outside of this circle because it is a prepaid division instead of an mvno. Their utnt $50 plan is the only truly unlimited data option from Att at this time. This is only for feature phones though.

Any other views, chime it, that's what this is here for.

Do i apologize for my smashing H20 and Red Pocket? No i do not. Let them fix their own reps.

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I haven't yet tried Airvoice, but I read that data for the 500MB plan is given in chunks and as you reach different thresholds of usage you have to call customer service to activate the rest of the data you already paid for (source). I also read that they send annoying balance notifications after every call, text, or data session. The notifications are sent as USSD messages, which can't be blocked on iPhones or Android 4.2+.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinkwyde View Post
    I haven't yet tried Airvoice, but I read that data for the 500MB plan is given in chunks and as you reach different thresholds of usage you have to call customer service to activate the rest of the data you already paid for (source). I also read that they send annoying balance notifications after every call, text, or data session. The notifications are sent as USSD messages, which can't be blocked on iPhones or Android 4.2+.
    There ain't a single perfect Att mvno, but I'd put Air Voice overall against the likes of Red Pocket or H20 any day of the week for overall quality and customer support. h20 and Red pocket are labelled what they are for a good reason.

Phone
    Nokai Lumia 920
    Carrier
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score

RE: Ranking the Att mvnos

It seems like with especially data AT&T mvno's they get you coming or get you going. I was curious with Puretalk with the 43.95 1 gig plan if you can pay month to month not auto pay so if you go over the data allowance in a month does it just stop till your month turns over? I hate to see one get caught in the overage.
    I have good2go and data overage is better but the nice thing is that they let me decide if I want it.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 via the HowardForums WP7 App

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    I agree with your assessments, particularly #4, #5, and #6.

Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    This is completely subjective but since there are a reasonable amount but not impossible to keep track number of them unlike Tmobile/Sprint mvnos. Here goes.

1)Air Voice. Best CS and wide range of plans. Closest to Page Plus but like all Att mvnos lacks more then 1-2gb high speed data. Overage rates need work.

2)Good 2 Go. Close to Air Voice in CS quality. Decent range of plans. Good overage rates.

3)Pure Talk. Best priced 1 gig plus unlimited talk text Att based plan out there. US based CS. Overage rates need work.

4)Net10 Att. Once "unlimited" now 1.5 gigs thanks to Data miser Att. Still a good bang for the buck. Dismal CS. No overage or is it throttling?

5)Red Pocket. Except for their 2gig full speed data plan and $30 unlimited talk/text/mms/10 meg plan, one step above garbage. Once you hit two gigs you're out of luck.

6)H20. Garbage.

Att gophone rates outside of this circle because it is a prepaid division instead of an mvno. Their utnt $50 plan is the only truly unlimited data option from Att at this time. This is only for feature phones though.

Any other views, chime it, that's what this is here for.

Do i apologize for my smashing H20 and Red Pocket? No i do not. Let them fix their own reps.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    H2O seems to be great for non data usage. I was looking for an ATT MVNO for my Mother and Step dad and kept coming back to H2O but was hesitant to sign up with them because of their bad rep here. I wanted both of them on the same MVNO to avoid confusion and their $100 for 2000 minutes and 1 year expiration is a great deal. I signed my Mom up on that plan, gave my step dad the $30 month unlimited, and they are happy campers.

Both are using old Moto Razr phones and no data. Voice service is excellent. I have not had a need to call CS

Feedback Score
    H20 is tolerable under two conditions, when it doesn't involve data and when it doesn't involve calling cs. The $30 plan has no data. $100 card allows you to avoid CS for a full year. Other then that, they are the bottom of the barrel for cs support and quality.

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    Wouldn't Airvoice be even better for non-data usage?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    Wouldn't Airvoice be even better for non-data usage?
    Yes. H20 would be tolerable. Air Voice would still kill them on CS quality alone.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    good list. agree with this. thanks!

Feedback Score

Question

From my personal experience I do not understand why H2O gets such negative reviews. I got my girlfriend an Xperia Ion with the $60/mo plan and it seems to work quite well. I personally have Sprint due to an exceptional deal and I can personally say that her internet is significantly faster than my own (displays 4G too for what its worth). I suppose my only qualms are that H2O will not allow you to downgrade without purchasing a new SIM and the cards themselves expire after a certain period of time without service but I suppose that's reasonable. I believe their CS is probably crap but I've never had an issue that required speaking with them. Are there any other ATT MVNOs (drop in SIM) that provide superior customer service AND 2GB of data for less than $60/mo? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post

This one I have problems with, I will first admit that I have never had a Net10 phone.
    But since Net10 and ST went through this AT&T thing at the same time and most likely for the same reasons. I have to disagree with it being AT&Ts fault.
    Net10 buys time from AT&T and doles it out at their discretion, the going from unlimited to 1.5 is a AmericanMovel/Net10 thing not AT&T.
    I believe that the issue AT&T had with AM was how their subscribers were jumping ship from AT&T to Net10 and or ST and avoiding the ETF.
    AT&T should care less what or how AM doles out the min after they have paid AT&T for them.
    IMHO if blame for this change should fall on anyone it should be Net10 or AM.

Personally though, knowing that the unlimited was never truly unlimited, and never knowing when you might get cut off. I much prefer the current setup. We now know the hard line, and all things considered. What other (besides ST) MVNO gives you this much for such a low price?
    Their may be a few but not many, and none that I would trust, have been with ST and Sprint MVNOs for going on three years now, have tried TM and did not like it.
    If I ever had to stop using ST I would fall back to N10 and Sprint MVNOs.
    With any luck that will never happen, I have too much money tied up in ST phones.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    To the above two posts. I chronically slam H20 CS because it's slow AND bad. Jolt may be mediocre and a Red Pocket sub mvno (yeah I didn't list them ) but they are fast and 247. If you want H20 and better cs, use a sub mvno that runs on them llke Skyview. As for Net10/ST, notice neither is in my top three. N10's only ace was "unlimited" data and with that gone, they're not worth dealing with in my view. Yeah, it's AM's move to cut data but you can bet it's Att's tight data policies that forced the issue. Notice Tmobile has no issues at all. More business for them and less for Att on Tracfone/AM. Maybe Att will learn a lesson. Or not. Either way, no Tracfone/AM company is currently in my top short list.

Phones
    Evo 4G, Nexus One, Blackberry Bold 9700
    ATT Note 2
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I'm sorry all those mvnos are garbage, the best out of them all is red pocket, it's the best priced out of all of them.
    Unlimited talk and text with 10mb data for 29.99 is a bargain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by intheb0x View Post
    I'm sorry all those mvnos are garbage, the best out of them all is red pocket, it's the best priced out of all of them.
    Unlimited talk and text with 10mb data for 29.99 is a bargain
    Have to disagree...Nothing touches Airvoice's $10 plan as far as ATT MVNO's go. Red Pockets closest plan is a $0.10/min paygo, or a $19/mo plan that only offers 250min/500 text, which is exactly what you get from Airvoice for $10...honestly, at 2x the price, that shouldn't even be something they offer. Who would sign up for that?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast