Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Migration Fees - waived or credited?

Phone
    Samsung t409, Samsung Gravity TXT, and Nokia Lumia 710
    Carrier
    T-Mobile GSM/3G/4G/UMA (voice/text/data)
    Feedback Score

Arrow Migration Fees - waived or credited?

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has had their migration fees waived or credited by customer care?

I know for those of us who have upgraded our phones recently are stuck on our old plans and unable to take advantage of BTV AAL and BTV DATA promotions due to our recent subsidiary. The way T-Mobile decided to remedy the situation is by charging a $150.00/line charge for those wanting to migrate. Has anyone been successful in migrating without the fee?

The reason I ask is that I heard a few reps say it would be possible, while they do not have a migration fee waiver (like they did back in the EM/EM+ days), they could technically charge/credit the fees to the account.

Thanks,
    tmobiley
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They told me they can credit up to one month's bill toward migration fees, but that was going to the contracted value plan. You're pretty much out of luck. You got discounted phones so basically you can't have that AND heavily discounted service.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 5S and Galaxy Light: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Feedback Score
    I've seen reps get supervisor approval for a migration fee waiver. Every situation is different, but for the vast majority of them being approved depends on how much the rep will gain (in sales). Unless it's a tmobile error, and the rep doesn't gain anything decent sales wise, you can pretty much forget about it. For example, 1 line switching over to the new value plan, $100 migration fee, and the rep only gains like $20-30, forget about it. If it's 4-5 lines switching 1 line has a $150 migration fee, and the rep gains over $120, I could easily see that being approved. Tenure, payment history, and adjustment history also factor in.

The whole sales system is different now. Reps don't get hit on removals, so a customer could be on a grandfathered plan with 3 lines $35 data each, they switch to the new plan and get the $20 data each line. The rep gains $60.

Phone
    Treo 680P Unlocked, Nokia Nuron, Dash 3G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I was willing to pay the migration fees to add the $5 data, but loyalty says no, not possible bc system will still say that i upgraded my phones 6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by tmobiley View Post
    Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has had their migration fees waived or credited by customer care?

I know for those of us who have upgraded our phones recently are stuck on our old plans and unable to take advantage of BTV AAL and BTV DATA promotions due to our recent subsidiary. The way T-Mobile decided to remedy the situation is by charging a $150.00/line charge for those wanting to migrate. Has anyone been successful in migrating without the fee?

The reason I ask is that I heard a few reps say it would be possible, while they do not have a migration fee waiver (like they did back in the EM/EM+ days), they could technically charge/credit the fees to the account.

Thanks,
    tmobiley

Phones
    Motorola V60T
    Blackberry
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They tried to charge me $200, but before they figured out that I shouldn't have been charged a migration fee, they offered to take $40 off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSalam11 View Post
    I was willing to pay the migration fees to add the $5 data, but loyalty says no, not possible bc system will still say that i upgraded my phones 6 months ago.
    Same with me. I offered to pay the fees for 2 lines so that I could get the BTV discounts on those lines. They told me to wait until I was at my 18 month mark.

Phone
    Treo 680P Unlocked, Nokia Nuron, Dash 3G
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by winx14 View Post
    Same with me. I offered to pay the fees for 2 lines so that I could get the BTV discounts on those lines. They told me to wait until I was at my 18 month mark.
    This is dumb. They tell us to wait until we are 18 months into our contract, and now we hear that $5 btv $5gb data is gone and so is the $4.99 btv aal. I wanted to lock into those rates.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    My letter to the VP of T-Mobile

Dear Mr. Brueckman,

Let me start this email by stating that I have been a client of T-Mobile for 11 years. I have always been happy with the customer service that I receive and have always recommended your company highly to friends and family who are looking to switch providers. Today however, I find myself frustrated to the point where I have spoken with your retention department and contacted other providers such as sprint, verizon etc about cancelling my service with your company. I have not done so yet for two reasons. I need to speak with my husband about all the information I have gathered and I am hoping that my appeal to you will insight you to assist this very frustrated loyal customer by simply giving me the same rate as a new client would get.
    Here is the situation. I have spent 2 hours on the phone with T-Mobile today trying to understand why the new simple choice plan with 2 lines - unlimited talk, text & web with 2 GB is $100.00 per month and the plan that I am on 2 lines -classic unlimited talk text & web with 2GB is $140.00 per month. This means that for the same exact service I am paying $40 more a month. It was explained to me that the ONLY difference in the plans is that the classic plan gets discount on upgrades on phones. However, as of March 24th T-Mobile changed it's policy so that there are no longer free upgrades or discounts available period!

This means that I am paying $40 more a month than a new client for NO additional service or value. Since I can no longer take advantage of discounts or free upgrades.

I asked to be switched to the new plan and was told that I would have to pay a $360.00 Migration fee for switching to the new plan. This is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Customer service told me that the switch fee is for T-Mobile to "recover it's costs" on giving me the discount on the phones to begin with. Mr. Brueckman, I saved around $200 on both phones together over the last 2 years. It was my understanding that the reason you gave discount on new phones is to reward loyalty and retain clients.

The retention department offered me $87.00 off the $360.00 switch fee. Is this a joke? The benefit which cause my plan to be more than your new plans is that I get a discount on phones. Discounts are no longer given. Why am I being charged $40 more per month than a new client if those services are no longer available? Another added bonus is that new clients DO NOT HAVE A CONTRACT where as for me to cancel my service with you I have to pay $400. Again all because I have been a loyal client of 11 years, long before the new policies which became effective on March 24th. In fact the additional $40 per month that I am paying is a yearly total of $480 which means that it is less expensive for me to actually leave your company than it is to stay.

Mr. Brueckman, please, you must see how bad this is. I am at the point where I will gladly pay the $400 cancellation fee (although I will most likely fight it) and go to another provider on principle alone. Over the 11 years I have been a client of yours I have given you over $20,000. I would greatly appreciate you assisting me in this matter and dissolving my contract immediately (since you no longer offer contracts to your new clients). I also would appreciate you allowing me to switch to the new choice plan unlimited talk, text & web 2gb 2 lines for $100 a month without having to pay a "migration fee" again not to be repetitive but because the benefits of the plan I am on are no longer offered, therefore I should not have to pay for them.

I do not want to have to waste more of my time or energy on this matter. If you can not assist me with this I will gladly cancel my service with you. Please know that I will make everyone I can possibly contact through social media and any other media outlets I can contact, aware of T-Mobiles horrific treatment of an 11 year client.

Looking forward to your swift reply,

Phone
    iPhone 5 32GB, iPad Air 32GB
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tarah webb View Post
    My letter to the VP of T-Mobile

Dear Mr. Brueckman,

Let me start this email by stating that I have been a client of T-Mobile for 11 years. I have always been happy with the customer service that I receive and have always recommended your company highly to friends and family who are looking to switch providers. Today however, I find myself frustrated to the point where I have spoken with your retention department and contacted other providers such as sprint, verizon etc about cancelling my service with your company. I have not done so yet for two reasons. I need to speak with my husband about all the information I have gathered and I am hoping that my appeal to you will insight you to assist this very frustrated loyal customer by simply giving me the same rate as a new client would get.
    Here is the situation. I have spent 2 hours on the phone with T-Mobile today trying to understand why the new simple choice plan with 2 lines - unlimited talk, text & web with 2 GB is $100.00 per month and the plan that I am on 2 lines -classic unlimited talk text & web with 2GB is $140.00 per month. This means that for the same exact service I am paying $40 more a month. It was explained to me that the ONLY difference in the plans is that the classic plan gets discount on upgrades on phones. However, as of March 24th T-Mobile changed it's policy so that there are no longer free upgrades or discounts available period!

This means that I am paying $40 more a month than a new client for NO additional service or value. Since I can no longer take advantage of discounts or free upgrades.

I asked to be switched to the new plan and was told that I would have to pay a $360.00 Migration fee for switching to the new plan. This is absolutely the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Customer service told me that the switch fee is for T-Mobile to "recover it's costs" on giving me the discount on the phones to begin with. Mr. Brueckman, I saved around $200 on both phones together over the last 2 years. It was my understanding that the reason you gave discount on new phones is to reward loyalty and retain clients.

The retention department offered me $87.00 off the $360.00 switch fee. Is this a joke? The benefit which cause my plan to be more than your new plans is that I get a discount on phones. Discounts are no longer given. Why am I being charged $40 more per month than a new client if those services are no longer available? Another added bonus is that new clients DO NOT HAVE A CONTRACT where as for me to cancel my service with you I have to pay $400. Again all because I have been a loyal client of 11 years, long before the new policies which became effective on March 24th. In fact the additional $40 per month that I am paying is a yearly total of $480 which means that it is less expensive for me to actually leave your company than it is to stay.

Mr. Brueckman, please, you must see how bad this is. I am at the point where I will gladly pay the $400 cancellation fee (although I will most likely fight it) and go to another provider on principle alone. Over the 11 years I have been a client of yours I have given you over $20,000. I would greatly appreciate you assisting me in this matter and dissolving my contract immediately (since you no longer offer contracts to your new clients). I also would appreciate you allowing me to switch to the new choice plan unlimited talk, text & web 2gb 2 lines for $100 a month without having to pay a "migration fee" again not to be repetitive but because the benefits of the plan I am on are no longer offered, therefore I should not have to pay for them.

I do not want to have to waste more of my time or energy on this matter. If you can not assist me with this I will gladly cancel my service with you. Please know that I will make everyone I can possibly contact through social media and any other media outlets I can contact, aware of T-Mobiles horrific treatment of an 11 year client.

Looking forward to your swift reply,
    I was on the value plan and had "renewed" the rate plan in October, well my brother decided he wanted a iPhone and after some persuasion on my end I convinced him to switch from Verizon since he was going to lose unlimited data and he still wasn't eligible for an update. Though I was still in a contract they were still able to switch me to the simple choice the only catch was my line still has a the contract length attached before I could consider leaving.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

^HSPA+ 42mbps---------------------------------------------- ^LTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tarah webb View Post
    Mr. Brueckman, I saved around $200 on both phones together over the last 2 years. It was my understanding that the reason you gave discount on new phones is to reward loyalty and retain clients.
    Your understanding was false. T-Mobile gave those discounts to both new customers and existing customers in exchange for agreeing to two year contracts. The discounts were not only for loyal customers. This policy is no different from what AT&T, Verizon and Sprint has. Discounts on phone in exchange for a 2 year agreement.

Had you not had gotten the discount, you could have moved to the cheaper plan then without a migration fee. But you wouldn't have gotten the discount.

Instead you chose to take a discount, and now you don't want to keep the contract that you agreed to.

It was either take a discount on the phone or take a discount on the plan. Not both!

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well we have 2 lines with contract but we did not get discounted phones, we brought our own and then bought note 2s at full non contract price, yet we have been told there will be a $400 migration fee for both lines if we switch and still be under contract, so the whole thing is BS no matter how you spin it. We did not get any discounted phones so to charge a fee plus still be in a contract is stupid.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using HowardForums
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NHCharmedOne View Post
    Well we have 2 lines with contract but we did not get discounted phones, we brought our own and then bought note 2s at full non contract price, yet we have been told there will be a $400 migration fee for both lines if we switch and still be under contract, so the whole thing is BS no matter how you spin it. We did not get any discounted phones so to charge a fee plus still be in a contract is stupid.
    What plan do you have currently?

Phones
    White Galaxy S5, White iPhone 5
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using HowardForums
    That's ridiculous. There should be no migration fee for anyone already on a value plan.

Speaks for itself, Sprint. Try more actions and not lip service.
    Google+

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    What plan do you have currently?
    MINUTE VALUE PLAN FOR FAMILIES
    1000 Minute Value—Talk
    Then added 5GB data on both line.

Feedback Score
    MINUTE VALUE PLAN FOR FAMILIES
    1000 Minute Value—Talk
    Then added 5GB data on both line.
    I find your situation hard to believe based on what you've told us so far. There are no migration fees for switching from a grandfathered value or even plus plan to the new simple choice plan. So ether you don't know what plan you are truly on, there could've been an upgrade done sometime with the past 18 months, or (and I've seen this from time to time) a rep started an upgrade but didn't complete the process, but the system completed the upgrade. Or, you did an upgrade and returned the devices within the buyer's remorse period. The last 2 scenarios can be fixed with some research.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast