Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 125

Thread: Netgear 4G LTE Router w/Unlimited Data SIM

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,606
    Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by broadbeltre View Post
    Could I take the sim card and put it in my phone and have unlimited data?
    No, you need a phone account with one of the old plans that allows unlimited data on a line. Then you can take the SIM out of your phone and use it in a data-only device and still get unlimited data which you can easily share among several laptops, tablets, etc. Verizon never offered an unlimited 4G data-only plan, so if you activate the data only device directly, it would have a GB limit.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    128
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'd like to know any 700mhz/AWS Verizon bridge devices?

    I'm putting an antenna outside and I'd much rather have a bridging device out in the box (right now i have a vl600 and a mbr95 out there) with a directional antenna.

    Reason being: The mbr95 is connected to a powerline ethernet adapter which runs to a switch inside. I would find it much better if there was a simple 4g gateway/bridge so that icould have a router and all that inside...

    Is there? I only find enterprise-grade ones meant to be put on top of mt everest and stuff.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The 909, Southern California
    Posts
    9,725
    Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MOFINETWORK View Post
    Sounds like our competition posting,

    For most sticks, the router is very stable.

    There are a few sticks such as the Pantec 290 recently that has some issues and this is for every single router we testing including our competition,
    Sticks like the Pantec 295, US Cellular 397 and much more have been rock solid.

    Yes, go to amazon and search for MOFI and read the reviews, you will find the real truth with no bias,

    Overall, you should get the same or very similar speed from the stick as you would with the router with 1 pc connected to it,

    MOFI support is the best you will ever find and just trust what you read as EVDOTECH seems to be someone from 3Gstore tying to push a product that cost too much and does not do what it should.

    Also, you can do USB tethering as well as iphone USB tethering which is a great option to have handy,

    You can buy our router on the popular sites now in Canada such as Best Buy, Futureshop, Staples, Canada Computers, The Source and much more.
    dummybuy and others should not have made such a huge push for the pantech uml290, as it was recommended to me, and it was a failure with my MOFI unit. The recommended USB Modem now, the Pantech uml295, is hard to find on ebay, and is $200 full MSRP from Verizon.

    I have no biased opinions, as no router is perfect. I ended up with a netgear 300n LTE router, but I wished I had held off on the MoFi set up until it had worked with widely available routers.

    Avoid the pantech uml290 and the MoFi, they will not work in tandem.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    128
    Feedback Score
    0
    anyone...? what can be used for a cheap bridge...? 'specially when the new aws modems come out like the uml295...

    i want to get a good router, just need a cheap bridge/gateway.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The 909, Southern California
    Posts
    9,725
    Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    anyone...? what can be used for a cheap bridge...? 'specially when the new aws modems come out like the uml295...

    i want to get a good router, just need a cheap bridge/gateway.
    The netgear works well, but lacks AWS.

    The pantech uml295 supposed to work well with the MOFI, you can order one for $200 MSRP and try it?

    Don't know what else is out there at this time.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    128
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hmm may just grab a cbr450 then... more expensive than I would like though.

    I wish the Dovado units supported Verizon's modems. They're full featured, cheap, and have an ip pass thru mode... they seem to only be sold outside the USA thou.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    16
    Feedback Score
    0
    What is the cheapest plan to keep the unlimited data and use it in an LTE modem/router? I currently have 2 lines through Verizon (1 unlimited and a 2 GB). We may leave Verizon next year, but I am interested in the possibility of keeping the unlimited line and using it for home internet. However, their website only lists the share everything plans making it hard to find out the cost of keeping the $30 unlimited data. I assume you need some minutes since it will be on a 'phone' plan.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The 909, Southern California
    Posts
    9,725
    Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
    What is the cheapest plan to keep the unlimited data and use it in an LTE modem/router? I currently have 2 lines through Verizon (1 unlimited and a 2 GB). We may leave Verizon next year, but I am interested in the possibility of keeping the unlimited line and using it for home internet. However, their website only lists the share everything plans making it hard to find out the cost of keeping the $30 unlimited data. I assume you need some minutes since it will be on a 'phone' plan.
    $30-$35 for voice plan

    Sent from my Nexus 4

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well I just bought the mbr1515 brand new off ebay and it will not connect to 4g. If my crappy galaxy nexus can hold onto 4g, then router should too! I am using a micro-sim to full sim adapter. When I log onto verizon, it shows a blank device (where it usually shows my galaxy nexus). Any thoughts?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    128
    Feedback Score
    0
    yeah, you don't have the sim/sim adapter inserted correctly.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    I talked with verizon support and they are saying I need to ADD a line (get an additional sim card) for it to work. They said I CAN'T use the sim in my phone. I also found out that the model i have is MBR1515-100NAS. It's certified for use on Verizon 4g (Verizon logo is plastered all over the box). The model from verizon's website is MBR1515LVW.

    My intentions were to use my phone sim card which has unlimited data. If I can't, i just bought an expensive non-4g router

    Also on netgear's faq, it also says i need to buy an additional sim card http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22075
    "If I am currently a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE customer, do I need a new SIM card for the 4G MBR1515 or can I use my existing SIM card?
    You will need to add the MBR1515 to your account and acquire and activate an additional SIM card - just plug it into the SIM slot in the back of the MBR1515"

    I would greatly appreciate any help.
    Last edited by DarthSomething; 10-09-2013 at 06:32 PM.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ROLLTIDE
    Posts
    3,604
    Phones
    Bag phone
    Iphone 4S
    Droid
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthSomething View Post
    I talked with verizon support and they are saying I need to ADD a line (get an additional sim card) for it to work. They said I CAN'T use the sim in my phone. I also found out that the model i have is MBR1515-100NAS. It's certified for use on Verizon 4g (Verizon logo is plastered all over the box). The model from verizon's website is MBR1515LVW.

    My intentions were to use my phone sim card which has unlimited data. If I can't, i just bought an expensive non-4g router

    Also on netgear's faq, it also says i need to buy an additional sim card http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22075
    "If I am currently a Verizon Wireless 4G LTE customer, do I need a new SIM card for the 4G MBR1515 or can I use my existing SIM card?
    You will need to add the MBR1515 to your account and acquire and activate an additional SIM card - just plug it into the SIM slot in the back of the MBR1515"

    I would greatly appreciate any help.
    I almost bought one of these today and was told that I could just put my sim card into it but I didn't really trust the rep. Thanks for the update
    If you are a weather weenie check out
    http://www.hardcoreweather.com

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    The MBR1515LVW does indeed accept Verizon's SIM cards, it seems the MBR1515-100NAS is an older model. I do not suggest you buying the MBR1515LVW yourself, mine annoyingly kicks the connection at least once a day, despite the constant and strong 4G signal to my house. My Galaxy S3 in hotspot mode is more reliable for my other devices than the router. I talked to a 3Gstore.com rep and they said my issue is the router itself, they decided to not sell those modem/routers anymore because they couldn't help their customers with them. But you might be able to get a problem free-ish one if your lucky.

    I would suggest you go the Pantech UML90 USB modem with a Verizon compatible router. The 3Gstore.com rep suggested to me the Pepwave Surf SOHO 3G/4G Router. That way you can put your SIM card into the modem and then plug you modem into the router directly. It may be a better solution for you, I for one will have to see what's best out there for the money in the coming months. Going to get a beastly gaming pc and I need to fix the connect issue before then, hopefully. Anyways, others on here have way more experience on those set ups, I'm sure they would help you out. Good luck DarthSomething.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    I was able to find a new 4260l hotspot on amazon for $40. Works 100% with my unlimited data sim. I have no idea what makes the mbr1515 so special. The only reason I got the mbr1515 first was because I thought it would have a better signal then the others. Silly me. Speaking of better signals, does any other jetpack/hotspot have a better 4g signal strength then the 4620?

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    43
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyEffect View Post
    The MBR1515LVW does indeed accept Verizon's SIM cards, it seems the MBR1515-100NAS is an older model. I do not suggest you buying the MBR1515LVW yourself, mine annoyingly kicks the connection at least once a day, despite the constant and strong 4G signal to my house. My Galaxy S3 in hotspot mode is more reliable for my other devices than the router. I talked to a 3Gstore.com rep and they said my issue is the router itself, they decided to not sell those modem/routers anymore because they couldn't help their customers with them. But you might be able to get a problem free-ish one if your lucky.

    I would suggest you go the Pantech UML90 USB modem with a Verizon compatible router. The 3Gstore.com rep suggested to me the Pepwave Surf SOHO 3G/4G Router. That way you can put your SIM card into the modem and then plug you modem into the router directly. It may be a better solution for you, I for one will have to see what's best out there for the money in the coming months. Going to get a beastly gaming pc and I need to fix the connect issue before then, hopefully. Anyways, others on here have way more experience on those set ups, I'm sure they would help you out. Good luck DarthSomething.
    Router have some much they can do and there will always be issues that pop up via software with all routers.

    However, 3Gstore is very bias and they really only recommend what they sell and they know well that the MOFI routers works great for example with the Pantec 295 but when a customer asked, they would say they have no support for them

    This is the same thing they do with the US Cellular 397 lte modem,
    The MOFI works great and many customers had to dump their other router and get the MOFI to work yet if they contact 3G store, they would say there is no router that works with that stick.

    For those looking to get a good solution, if they can get the Pantec 295 with Verizon, it is working great with the MOFI3500

    Netgear can only really spend resource for basic functions and when issues come up, they are very slow to re-act, and if you have an unlimited plan, you can use the SIM in there in the Pantec 295 for example in the MOFI router and will work great and you will be able to keep your unlimited plan

    By they way, Netgear took over the Sierra Wireless modem division and they came out with a nice stick, (AT&T Beam) or (Sprint 341U)
    Both works great with the MOFI and I would not be surprised if Verizon got a Version for them like Sprint has since they basically are the same.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: iPad Unlimited Data Sim
    By BanginBalla031 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 02:13 PM
  2. WTB AT&T iPad unlimited data sim/account (NYC)
    By Protagonist in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 06:16 AM
  3. take over my Samsung Droid Charge 4G LTE with a unlimited data plan for verizon
    By gatorfanjustin in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 06:50 PM
  4. Value of grandfathered $20 unlimited data sim card?
    By LIVEFRMNYC in forum AT&T GoPhone
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 09:59 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 08:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks