Phones
    InnoStream
    Treo
    Carriers
    AT&T Wireless
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Unlock VZW Samsung Galaxy Note II

Has anyone know how to unlock VZW Galaxy Note II?
    I'm planning to visit oversea (Hong Kong) for few weeks and I wanted to know if I use my Galaxy Note II while I'm there.
    I need to be able to use voice & data (4G).

Not sure, if I can be able to use 4G data over in Hong Kong.

Thanks ^^

Phones
    Verizon iPhone 5 Black 64GB
    iPhone 5 32GB White (Wifes Phone)
    Carrier
    AT&T (Bye bye VZW!)
    Feedback Score
    The Verizon Galaxy Note II comes SIM unlocked from the factory, therefore you can pop in foreign SIM cards and use voice/data. Verizon has however blocked the ability to add APNs to the phone so you cannot use data with a foreign SIM. People believe they do this to force people to overpay them for foreign data. If you root the Note II there is a way to add APNs so you can get foreign data working.
    Hi, my name is Joey and Im addicted to cell phones...

Phones
    InnoStream
    Treo
    Carriers
    AT&T Wireless
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    The Verizon Galaxy Note II comes SIM unlocked from the factory, therefore you can pop in foreign SIM cards and use voice/data. Verizon has however blocked the ability to add APNs to the phone so you cannot use data with a foreign SIM. People believe they do this to force people to overpay them for foreign data. If you root the Note II there is a way to add APNs so you can get foreign data working.

> Thx for the tip. Do you know if T-Mobile's data network will be compatible with VZW Galaxy Note II?
    I'll now try to root note II~~~

Thomas Kang

Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    It is technically sim unlocked but the stock rom doesn't allow APN changes so I don't know how that will affect it. With a custom rom I can confirm it works on Tmobile USA.

Feedback Score

Unlock VZW Samsung Galazy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post

I just spoke with a Verizon global service representative and she assured me that the last software version will allow data usage with a foreign Sim card. Have you heard the same from them? I am leaving shortly for Italy and I need to use my phone for data there as well.

Carriers
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdalcant View Post
    I just spoke with a Verizon global service representative and she assured me that the last software version will allow data usage with a foreign Sim card. Have you heard the same from them? I am leaving shortly for Italy and I need to use my phone for data there as well.
    Your best bet as people said is to just install a custom rom, I wouldn't wait for Verizon to realease an update. The phone is unlocked but the software itself disables it for whatever reason. I also can confirm it works with ATT and TMobile locally so there is no reason it wouldn't work overseas with any rom besides the stock one.

Feedback Score
    Kindly visit any phone unlocking website to get the Sim Network unlock PIN for you phone.

Phone
    iPhone 4S 64GB, Moto G, SGS III
    Carrier
    MSV 10GB 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by technokang View Post
    > Thx for the tip. Do you know if T-Mobile's data network will be compatible with VZW Galaxy Note II?
    I'll now try to root note II~~~

Thomas Kang
    In Germany, yes, 2100 should work fine. T-Mobile USA, not really since the VZW Note doesn't have AWS HSPA+.
    I usually support government regulation, but It is unfortunate that the government over-regulated and killed the AT&T/ T-Mobile Merger
    The best explanation of the pricing nutiness in the industry.
    Why Sprint and T-Mo will always suck.
    The only way to end the pricing insanity is to eliminate contracts and subsidies.
    I want Wifi calling on AT&T.
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.