Thread: Hear messages when calling a Sprint phone.

Feedback Score

Hear messages when calling a Sprint phone.

When I called a Sprint # the phone rang 1 to 4 times. The 1st message was “The number or code you dialed is incorrect, please check the number or code and try again. Repeats in Spanish… Message 7, Switch 411. After that there was a 2nd message that said, “The wireless customer you are calling is not available, please try again later. Message 1, MO 01-UL.” with a busy signal after. I have called the # today a few times which it still does the 1st message, but instead of hearing the 2nd message and busy signal after the 2nd one it does a busy a signal after the 1st message and don’t hear the 2nd message at all. What does these messages mean?

Carrier
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I'm a bit confused by your post but I'll offer a potentially easy solution. If you keep calling from the same phone, use a different one. That may be the problem. You'll most likely have to put in your phone number or account number as an extra step, but if it gets you to where you need, it's worth it.

Feedback Score
    I should have been more specific. I called someone that has a sprint phone from my prepaid AT&T Pantech cell, my mom and dad’s AT&T cell, and my home phone that is with MagicJack and got those messages.

When I called that phone it had a ringback tone, Please enjoy the music while your party is reached then played the ringback tone. When I called I didn’t hear the ringback tone, but heard the default tone that rang 1 to 4 times.

After that I heard “The number or code you dialed is incorrect, please check the number or code and try again. Repeats in Spanish… Message 7, Switch 411.” then “The wireless customer you are calling is not available, please try again later. Message 1, MO 01-UL.” then a busy signal.

I have called many times, but recently when I called I heard “The number or code you dialed is incorrect, please check the number or code and try again. Repeats in Spanish… Message 7, Switch 411.” then a busy signal.

Instead of both of the messages “The number or code you dialed is incorrect, please check the number or code and try again. Repeats in Spanish… Message 7, Switch 411.” then “The wireless customer you are calling is not available, please try again later. Message 1, MO 01-UL.” then a busy signal.

I am wondering why would I hear these messages when I call a sprint phone?
    Last edited by Malsha87; 04-23-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Feedback Score
    Removed...........
    Last edited by AndroidFoneFan; 04-23-2013 at 09:52 PM.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That message is a Sprint switch error. It could be the routing from your phone or maybe they ported their number into sprint. Either way they would need to call Sprint and have a ticket files

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Junkie View Post
    That message is a Sprint switch error. It could be the routing from your phone or maybe they ported their number into sprint. Either way they would need to call Sprint and have a ticket files
    What do you mean routing from your phone? Does a switch error mean the number is disconnected or changed?

Phone
    LG G2 (T-Mobile), iPhone 5S (Verizon)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Malsha87 View Post
    When I called a Sprint # the phone rang 1 to 4 times. The 1st message was “The number or code you dialed is incorrect, please check the number or code and try again. Repeats in Spanish… Message 7, Switch 411. After that there was a 2nd message that said, “The wireless customer you are calling is not available, please try again later. Message 1, MO 01-UL.” with a busy signal after. I have called the # today a few times which it still does the 1st message, but instead of hearing the 2nd message and busy signal after the 2nd one it does a busy a signal after the 1st message and don’t hear the 2nd message at all. What does these messages mean?
    I can tell you from experience, that the first message is a Sprint switch error message. The Second error message is an AT&T switch error message. So you might want to call AT&T and see what they say. You are on Switch #1 in Missouri, it is a Lucent switch, and you are on 3G (UMTS).